Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just charged up at a SCH charger in Hope this afternoon.
One of the locals said TESLA negotiations are in progress for some private parking lot space, most likely by the Hope Hotel a block from downtown.
No definite timelines but encouraging.

Last edited:
For the western superchargers, a couple of comments.
Lake Louise is an unfortunate location, I'd prefer Castle Junction, that way you can use it to go to Radium/Invermere as well (at Lake Louise it's a ways out of the way for that route, and the change shouldn't affect the ability to get to Golden anyway)
For the Vancouver - Edmonton crowd, I have a feeling Tesla isn't even thinking that way, they're thinking different group, Calgary - Vancouver and Calgary - Edmonton, but a good place for a supercharger would probably be hwy1/hwy22, or Balzac/Airdrie

Thanks. I'm there right now actually and don't see it. They must not have broken ground or I'm just not seeing it.

That's because it isn't approved yet.

Here is an interesting website pertaining to the Squamish Supercharger and approval status. It even has the project status on it.

TESLA MOTORS INC. - DP - 40147 GLENALDER PLACE District of Squamish

Just talked to Squamish, they say 3rd week of May for approval, then however long it takes for Tesla to build it.

We need super chargers at all border crossings into the USA, on Canadian side on 400 series of highways. I am especially interested in west of Toronto, say London, Windsor, Sarnia also Niagara falls, ON. I would love to drive to Chicago and there are super chargers in the US that would accommodate that but I can not get charged west of Toronto.
Plus I have family live in Sarnia that I can not visit in my Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be nice to see something on the other side of Toronto... perhaps the London area. Looks like something going in near Detroit (based on the crude map), so London would facilitate drives right through to the US on either side of Toronto.

And Sarnia too, if travelling Toronto to Chicago its faster through Sarnia border crossing, every GPS sends you that route

We need super chargers at all border crossings into the USA, on Canadian side on 400 series of highways. I am especially interested in west of Toronto, say London, Windsor, Sarnia also Niagara falls, ON. I would love to drive to Chicago and there are super chargers in the US that would accommodate that but I can not get charged west of Toronto.
Plus I have family live in Sarnia that I can not visit in my Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

And Sarnia too, if travelling Toronto to Chicago its faster through Sarnia border crossing, every GPS sends you that route

The most recent communication from Tesla shows superchargers at Ingersoll and Chatham.

I am wondering if these stations would make it possible to do a GTA -> Mont Tremblant skiing trip with an S85. Would I be able to reach the ski resort from the last SC before Montreal considering winter driving conditions and elevation with a ski-rack on top (causing extra drag) ?

I would guesstimate that it is possible to reach the resort but would need to recharge there for the trip back, but I would like to get the opinion of experienced Tesla owners from the area.

Would I be able to reach the ski resort from the last SC before Montreal considering winter driving conditions and elevation with a ski-rack on top (causing extra drag) ?

[/INDENT]

Use http://jurassictest.ch/GR to check out your range considering elevation. Use an extra 20% for safety and weather. Plug in & pre-heat your car/pack before leaving.

As for skiing, you don't need a roof rack. My family (4 of us) have been skiing using my s without a rack no problem. 1/3 seat folds down for skiis, leaving 4 seats. With the frunk, trunk and sub trunk there is still tons of room for boots, gear & luggage.

I am wondering if these stations would make it possible to do a GTA -> Mont Tremblant skiing trip with an S85. Would I be able to reach the ski resort from the last SC before Montreal considering winter driving conditions and elevation with a ski-rack on top (causing extra drag) ?

I would guesstimate that it is possible to reach the resort but would need to recharge there for the trip back, but I would like to get the opinion of experienced Tesla owners from the area.

[/INDENT]

I live about half way between Cornwall (possible last SC site before Montreal) and Mont Tremblant and I have done the trip twice to Mont Tremblant from my house and back while staying overnight without charging in some of the crappiest weather we had last winter. It was ~-30C and blowing snow and I still made it with some range to spare so I would assume that it is definitely possible to make it one way from Cornwall but you will definitely need to plugin when you get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.