Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreaming of a supercharger west of Toronto... I'm planning a trip to Denver the second week of September.

You and me both, buddy! West 401 Superchargers have been promised for a long time, and are over a year late from the initial projections on their web site. As it is now, I have to stay overnight in Windsor when I head that way, making the trips I take to the Chicago area cost more than they would for gas in an ICE :cursing:

You and me both, buddy! West 401 Superchargers have been promised for a long time, and are over a year late from the initial projections on their web site. As it is now, I have to stay overnight in Windsor when I head that way, making the trips I take to the Chicago area cost more than they would for gas in an ICE :cursing:

Where do you stay in Windsor? I have to go there the first weekend of September and will need an overnight charge. We are in the last stretch of non-supercharging driving. I can wait - it will all be a distant memory...

I drove to the Tesla Toronto supercharger site last night on my way home. Raining and dark, so no photos, sorry. But the charger stalls are there, in the ground, still wrapped up. The ground is still cut open. It looks like they're pretty close but definitely won't be live by tomorrow when Doug needs them (sorry!)

I will take another trip there next Wednesday if possible. If not live by then, I'll snap photos.

Where do you stay in Windsor? I have to go there the first weekend of September and will need an overnight charge. We are in the last stretch of non-supercharging driving. I can wait - it will all be a distant memory...

I stay at the Comfort Inn Ambassador Bridge. They have a Sun Country unit right out front, and if you call ahead, they'll put a cone in the spot so it doesn't get ICEed. When I set out from there, I can make it to the north-west of Chicago with just one Supercharger stop in Angola, IN.

**Cornwall SC Update** as of august 21st... boys and girls, we're not talking about weeks now, neither days (maybe days... I'm a little bit too excited now!) but we're maybe talking about hours before we can re-charge our beloved Tesla's...

Here are the pics I just took from there... for those who are more experts (Doug_G?), with the pics you see, approximately how long we now have to wait until the first day it'll come online?

BTW, who has a red Tesla that I crossed 2 times (today, thursday, I was the one that had a Black with Silver Turbine wheels/P85) on the 138 Road between Cornwall and the 417? Was nice to see a Tesla flashing back the lights!

cornwall-SC-august21.JPG
cornwall-SC-august21#2.JPG

Last edited:
I perused the supercharge.info data for a bit, just to see if there's a typical timing from "start construction" to "live". Can't really draw conclusions, as I found some sites going live only 5 days after start and up to 4 weeks. At a guess, I'd say 3 weeks is about average.

Lake City started construction on Aug 6, same day as Cornwall, and it went live yesterday.

It seems to me that the main determinant of construction time is the experience level and skill of the contractors. In the WA/OR region, a firm called ADK did most, if not all of the superchargers. The most recent one was The Dalles, OR. It was done in a flash. Based on the photos from Cornwall, that station COULD be up in a few days, but whether that rookie crew is up to it, we shall see...

I perused the supercharge.info data for a bit, just to see if there's a typical timing from "start construction" to "live". Can't really draw conclusions, as I found some sites going live only 5 days after start and up to 4 weeks. At a guess, I'd say 3 weeks is about average.

Lake City started construction on Aug 6, same day as Cornwall, and it went live yesterday.

Yes, but Lake City had been under construction for a least a couple of weeks, before it was "discovered" and put on Supercharge.Info

Kingston Economic Development Corporation confirmed the planned site. This was back in March, but I am very confident it will happen there.

Based on below source things may still be in quite some flux for Kingston, unfortunatly.
http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2014/08/08/supercharger-station-under-construction-in-cornwall

When it comes to choosing a location, Tesla says they aim to find the most convenient sites for customers to stop and charge. Whether it is as simple as a coffee house or as accommodating as a hotel.
"We are also looking at a location in Kingston..." said Jamee Hawn, communications representative for Tesla Motors. "But the site is yet to be confirmed."

Based on below source things may still be in quite some flux for Kingston, unfortunatly.
http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2014/08/08/supercharger-station-under-construction-in-cornwall

When it comes to choosing a location, Tesla says they aim to find the most convenient sites for customers to stop and charge. Whether it is as simple as a coffee house or as accommodating as a hotel.
"We are also looking at a location in Kingston..." said Jamee Hawn, communications representative for Tesla Motors. "But the site is yet to be confirmed."

Yikes! That doesn't sound good! Does anyone have a Tesla email that we can bug them about this.....and also to bug them about another SC between Toronto and Kingston. We can't let them think they are done in this area, it's a 235km gap!!!

Just fired off emails to my KEDCO contact and to the mayor's office.

Last edited:
Yikes! That doesn't sound good! Does anyone have a Tesla email that we can bug them about this.....and also to bug them about another SC between Toronto and Kingston. We can't let them think they are done in this area, it's a 235km gap!!!

Just fired off emails to my KEDCO contact and to the mayor's office.

Tried yesterday from my representative at Tesla, no answer - yet...

Kingston can't wait any further it has to be done as it will be probably the most important SC in the Québec-Windsor corridor...

But Jamee Hawn would be a first point (or one of the) of contact to send e-mails no? by logic her e-mail would be [email protected]

Or another little Tweet to our Elon? ;) Last time it accelerated the process for Squamish... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

It's unfortunate, but people like this do exist. Though I should mention I've only seen a non Tesla parked in the reserved stalls four times, including this one. Good news is that I charged at 614km/hr the other day, I bet you can just taste it over in Cornwall now! View attachment 57245

You are kidding me right??? Geez I would fume... Did you say anything to them? What are the rules when that happens? Right to ask for towing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.