TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can't contact a human at Service Center

Discussion in 'Model X' started by bikeandsail, Apr 23, 2019.

1. bikeandsail

bikeandsail Member

I tried calling my Service Center today, Lyndhurst Ohio. Humans no longer pick up the phone. The message refers you to the app for online scheduling or chat.

Anyone else experience this?

2. scorlosquet

scorlosquet New Member

Yes. Best is to schedule an appointment explaining what's wrong and they'll call you back to discuss or sent a mobile technician.

3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Not uncommon. That's why they have the scheduling option in the app.

4. aaron0k

aaron0k Member

#4 aaron0k, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Unfortunately, this is the new "normal" for Tesla ownership. Calling any number now refers you to use the App or directs you to their support page to use the "Chat" option (which has been disabled).

Calling the Service Center directly... no one will answer and their voicemail box is always "full".

Just so new Tesla owners know... it wasn't always like this. Tesla used to provide very personal service. For a time, the Centinella Service Center would even let you store your car, and they would drive you to LAX and pick you up when you came back... car washed (this was a bit above the call of duty).

However things have degraded significantly since then. With the introduction of the 3... these days you'll find get better service from Honda or Kia.

Creating the World’s Best Service and Warranty Program

heh... that's Elon from 2013... and it's only gotten worse.

Hint: Calling Roadside assistance is the only way I know of to talk to a human anymore.

5. bikeandsail

bikeandsail Member

This service center no longer has a "voice" mailbox.

6. Sputnik19

Sputnik19 Member

Weird, I called my local service center today after a missed call from them to review upcoming service appointment. Selected parts in the voice selection message and got someone right away. Costa Mesa service center in California.

7. bikeandsail

bikeandsail Member

Maybe the parts people still pick up. I was calling for service and no way to contact a human at the SC.

8. Jack Diddly

Jack Diddly Member

Yep...long gone are the days of humans...I had the same experience and ended up pressing option 3 and was lucking to get a live person...

9. Mine GO BOOM

Mine GO BOOM Member

I've found the best way to get a human at a service center is to be as friendly as possible to your SC rep, and keep up the relationship with them via email. At the two SC nearest to me, I've gotten a point of contact at both that I can email as needed. For one of them, I even have their personal cell phone number they told me to reach them because otherwise it is impossible to get a human at the SC otherwise.

Roughly, getting a human at a SC is an "off the menu" option, like the $35k Model 3.

10. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

The new non existent service, we dont care. We have too many broke 3s to answer. I called, no answer. I was sitting out front.
    They are all young kids. The new service manager must be 30. She acused me of taking off belly panel, i told her to read my service records.
    Zero customer karma.
    I drive there. Only solution.