Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Care: @#)$(*!% Curb rash...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They won't be on the car until spring when I swap out the winter set. I will post another picture of a view that shows what you are looking for when I get a chance.
This picture is the best I could come up with. It is hard to show since it is really not very noticeable, which is good. At the same time, it does stick out a little, which (of course) is necessary for it work at protecting the wheel rims.

gatorwheelguard10_zpsd7562b80.jpg

This picture is the best I could come up with. It is hard to show since it is really not very noticeable, which is good. At the same time, it does stick out a little, which (of course) is necessary for it work at protecting the wheel rims.

I think they look awesome. Thank you.

Can they be removed and reattached? I'm not to keen on spending an extra $120 each time I get new tires (which will already be more frequent with the 21").

Good question actually. From the video it looks like they can unclip, but I wonder if you'll then need new clips.

Road Rash on Model S Dark Grey Rims

I am so angry with myself, I pulled into the Kaiser Redwood City parking garage and this car was exiting as I was entering, in a quick move I got a little too close to the parking garage curb which is way too high and way too narrow (idiots) for that place. Needless to say I scraped the once beautiful dark grey rims and I'm heart broken about it. I did a forum search and didn't find anything about it to my surprise. Anyone fix their rims or have any cheap but very effective solutions??

they need to put out "dark carbon grey" touch-up paint for these things.

i have the exact same car as you, and i am dreading the day when i do exactly what you describe.

i've read in the curb-rash thread that getting it fixed at a detail shop is like $100 a pop... fwiw..

TODAY: I let my co-worker test-drive my 3 day old Tesla Model S.

and TODAY, i have my very first curb rash on my carbon grey rims as a result...

tumblr_mag76d4NsD1rvymk7o1_250.gif

- - - Updated - - -

i have ordered this. i will post before/after pics when i get it:

http://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-SU01351-Metallic-Exact-Match-Touch-up/dp/B0057GU818/ref=sr_1_28?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1360956433&sr=1-28&keywords=touch+up+paint

Went through a touchless car wash a couple times in the last month, the kind that you guide your tire into a lane and it then drags you along. Rashed the complete outer edge of the rim :(.

Guess I'll look at those rim guards too.