Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be the first true 10 second quarter mile Tesla.... true? I'm willing to pay to find out..

Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for them and hope they deliver. At the same time, I see red flags and would love to be proven wrong.

For 10 second quarter mile, that has already been proven with the Refreshed v2 P90DL's running 10.804 in the quarter mile at a drag strip. The guy on Tesla Racing Channel on youtube ran multiple runs between 10.8 and 10.9. He's just .005 seconds away from hitting 10.7's.

Next up would be how fast will the P100DL's run when they are released.

I will be the first true 10 second quarter mile Tesla.... true? I'm willing to pay to find out..

Hate to burst the bubble on that but someone has already broken into the 10s with a refreshed P90DL running those heavy 21" wheels and tires...

How fast would it be with these wheels... I'll plan to take a trip to the 1/4 mile to find out with my refreshed car

Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for them and hope they deliver. At the same time, I see red flags and would love to be proven wrong.

For 10 second quarter mile, that has already been proven with the Refreshed v2 P90DL's running 10.804 in the quarter mile at a drag strip. The guy on Tesla Racing Channel on youtube ran multiple runs between 10.8 and 10.9. He's just .005 seconds away from hitting 10.7's.

Next up would be how fast will the P100DL's run when they are released.

Thats why I am hesitating on the P90DL... however you can get the classic nose for about $30K off...and I can buy a lot of cool things with $30K.... (trip to BVI, Costa Rica, etc). The other option is to wait until the GIGA Factory starts producing the newer high density battery packs, which will blow away the current power to weight ratio of legacy cars...

Specs on the new 21-70 cell:

Elon and JB elaborated with the following:

• They actually changed the size to 21mm diameter and a 70mm height. They also got rid of the trailing ‘0’ so the name of the battery that will be going into the Model 3 is the ’21-70′
  • JB Straubel says Tesla developed this battery this size by starting without preconceived notions. They then optimized for efficiency, size and output. The 18650 standard was called an accident of history though it had served Tesla and others well. Tesla says it predicts that this new 21-70 battery size will become a new standard.
  • The half centimeter height increase for the car packs would be offset with more efficient battery packaging which will make the packs actually the same thickness or less than current packs and obviously with a higher energy density.
  • Musk noted that once the 21-70s were in mass production, they could find their way into existing Tesla car battery packs for the Model S and X as well as the Powerwall.

Last edited:
Your guys patience rocks. I can help test it further for you if you like. Just freight forward the wheels my way. I'll hold them a while, or longer for you. I promise to take pictures once they arrive, and have tested them for a while.

Oh, I need lug nuts, center caps, tpms, tires, and balanced to better facilitate this test of patience.;)

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Fortunately, @Xenoilphobe, and/or any client does not need to worry about fraud as they may contact me directly for this type of resolution if a return is truly desired. We are extremely grateful for everyone's patience and we thank you all once again for supporting and believing throughout our E1 wheel release.

Thanks Victor. I was one of the doubters but you have my confidence now. Appreciate your posting here and I'm sure our patience will be well rewarded.

As I go on vacation Thursday was hoping that I'd receive my ESE rims in time to install them before the drive to North Carolina. No dice. Victor let me know today that the testing will take another 10-15 days, so I won't see them until after I return. One might reasonably ask why the testing takes so long but I know very little about wheel testing.

150,000 miles of lifecycle testing could take awhile - if they run it at 100 MPH non-stop it would take about 62 days to complete. (I think my math is right - they could double the speed and cut it down to 32 days,)

Carbon Revolution does 300,000 KM of testing before they certified their wheel.