Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True, except on a Tesla you hardly ever use your brakes with regen. I believe they use some kind of nano ceramic coating on the CR's not sure what ESE is doing.

True but I run my Tesla through the canyons almost daily and while I can regen some I also do use the brakes more then if I was driving around town. Will have to ask Victor about it next time we talk or maybe he will comment on it here...

Those are some mighty attractive rims.

upload_2016-8-23_7-26-46.png

Wheels seem cool, I hope they do deliver, but in the event that you want out, might want to check with your CC company on their chargeback rules because some have a 90-180 day limitation after which you cannot do a chargeback.

That's actually been covered. They (the people who have paid for wheels but not received them) acknowledge they have no recourse through the bank that issued the cc.

I looked around the interweb today, and it doesn't look like ESE has ever delivered any wheels to any customers for any car. I guess the appt with the tire shop should probably be postponed (!)

I've been on car forums long enough to know not to prepay for an item before being released. I have seen way too many people lose their money, time and energy. I would say there's a 50/50 chance of most deals closing and about a 10% chance that it closes on time. Best of luck though, I would be customer once they are released!

Reactions: sorka and shokunin
I've been on car forums long enough to know not to prepay for an item before being released. I have seen way too many people lose their money, time and energy. I would say there's a 50/50 chance of most deals closing and about a 10% chance that it closes on time. Best of luck though, I would be customer once they are released!

I'm in the same boat. I simply find it odd that there are no pictures of a complete set of rims on a car. Did they not do any real testing on a mule. Doesn't need to be a Tesla, but a Mustang, a Camaro, a vette, something to test out the performance and handling, identify weak areas, stress failures, etc.

Is this a .01 version of product that should have been iterated several times before it hits production? It's like a kickstarter without an actual prototype. I'm sure I'll get flamed once they start shipping, but in this case I guess I'm more glass half empty.

That's actually been covered. They (the people who have paid for wheels but not received them) acknowledge they have no recourse through the bank that issued the cc.

I've been in digital payments for 20 years. This is not true. In fact, credit card rules state you can't even be charged until the product is delivered. You can file for a chargeback with your credit card bank and they will immediately refund the money to your account. They will then work with the merchant's bank to get to the bottom of the request. Since they haven't sent the product they won't have a leg to stand on.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I've been in digital payments for 20 years. This is not true. In fact, credit card rules state you can't even be charged until the product is delivered. You can file for a chargeback with your credit card bank and they will immediately refund the money to your account. They will then work with the merchant's bank to get to the bottom of the request. Since they haven't sent the product they won't have a leg to stand on.

I'm not sure what 'rules' you are talking about, but according to the members here, they have definitely been charged for products that have not been shipped or delivered (for many months).