Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GOT EM' Carbon Revolution Tesla 19" Rims. I will be doing a live unboxing on my FB feed www.facebook.com/endurancedriver on Thursday. More photos to follow.... Look for us to set another world record to bring awareness to the veterans charity motorelief.org. #Next100Records #GuinnessBook
Carl Reese
Multiple Guinness and EV Record Holder
IMG_5074.JPG
IMG_5075.JPG

Here is a link to the live feed unboxing the Carbon Revolution (carbon fiber) 19" wheels this morning. Click here --- Carl Reese

"Today we unbox the very first set of Carbon Revolution one piece rims in the United States."

Cool unboxing vid but you do know its not the very first set of Carbon Revolution wheels in the United States right?... :rolleyes: Carbon Revolution wheels have been available for a few years now in the states on many car types...

Last edited:
"Today we unbox the very first set of Carbon Revolution one piece rims in the United States."

Cool unboxing vid but you do know its not the very first set of Carbon Revolution wheels in the United States right?... :rolleyes: Carbon Revolution wheels have been available for a few years now in the states on many car types...
probably the first on a Tesla - I hope the load ratings are good - need about 1250 lbs static load per corner and dynamic load is a lot more...especially with the torque the P100D throws down...

Reactions: Tech_Guy

You are correct...I stand corrected. I should have said " These are the first 19" Tesla rims in the United States that don't require stud change or adaptors. Straight bolt on configuration. "

Reactions: Tech_Guy
Where did you source these? Direct or through a VAR?
I ordered them straight thru Carbon Revolution. I've been trying to get my hands on these since we set the 2015 EV Guinness Record
We reached out to Carbon Revolution again in 2016 when we set the autopilot record from LA To NYC.
They now have them for Tesla with no modifications (e.g. studs and or adaptors).
New Tesla record coming #soon !

Last edited:
Tests show that there is 4.9% more power consumption for Model S P100D with 21″ vs 19″ wheels. This must be because of the weight of the bigger wheels and more inertia needed to get started. How did the new carbon fibre rims work out? I would guess there would be a lot of performance gains with lighter wheels which would pay for any difference in cost.

Tests show that there is 4.9% more power consumption for Model S P100D with 21″ vs 19″ wheels. This must be because of the weight of the bigger wheels and more inertia needed to get started.

Why "must"? I don't know why anybody jumps to this conclusion. The wheel weight is irrelevant at cruising speed. The main driver of energy consumption for the whole car is aero drag, and the wheels magically have no interaction with air???? Sticking bigger giant fans to your tires is even more aerodynamic loss.

Still betting the CF wheels above are terrible for consumption.

Tests show that there is 4.9% more power consumption for Model S P100D with 21″ vs 19″ wheels. This must be because of the weight of the bigger wheels and more inertia needed to get started. How did the new carbon fibre rims work out? I would guess there would be a lot of performance gains with lighter wheels which would pay for any difference in cost.
Tire weight changes too.

Carl Reese, Can you give us an update on how the wheels changed the feel of the car? Better ride? Better handling? Noise? Sharper steering? Did you go with a stock 245/45-19 tire size? Was there a change in Watt Hours per mile?