Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you post pricing info on the lighter wheels?
Litespeed Racing is proud to introduce its newest line of wheels made from forged 6066 T6 aluminum, which is about 30% stronger than the industry
standard 6061 T6. The higher strength to weight ratio of 6066 T6 means that we can now make forged aluminum wheels as light or even lighter than
our (already light weight) carbon fiber wheels, and at a lower price , with more design and finish options.
For Example our 20X9.5 inch, concave RS5 and RS5D (pictured below) weighs starting at only 17.6 pounds, while be strong and durable. All Litespeed Racing wheels are custom made, with almost endless size, offset and color/finish options.

Here is the reason why. With higher strength properties, we are able to engineer a wheel with less material, while maintaining the same strength as a heavier wheel.

Traditional 6061 T6 aluminum versus 6066 T6 Aluminum:

Ultimate Tensile strenght: 310 MPa VS 400 MPa = 6066 T6 is about 30% stronger
Fatigue Strength: 96MPa VS 110MPa = 6066T6 is about 15% stronger
Strength to Weight: 110KN-m/kg VS 140KN-m/kg = 6066T6 is about 36% stronger

*source: www.makeitfrom.com

Litespeed Racing has over 10 years of composite and alloy engineering, and manufacturing experience . The RS5 and RS5D where engineered using FEA computer simulation analysis , and third party SAE physical testing.
They can also be custom finished
Contact me for special pricing and group buys.
It will take about 6-8 for delivery

Attachments

• DC2293C7-9597-44E4-908B-BAFAB0E823D6.jpeg
    DC2293C7-9597-44E4-908B-BAFAB0E823D6.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 130
Litespeed Racing is proud to introduce its newest line of wheels made from forged 6066 T6 aluminum, which is about 30% stronger than the industry
standard 6061 T6. The higher strength to weight ratio of 6066 T6 means that we can now make forged aluminum wheels as light or even lighter than
our (already light weight) carbon fiber wheels, and at a lower price , with more design and finish options.
For Example our 20X9.5 inch, concave RS5 and RS5D (pictured below) weighs starting at only 17.6 pounds, while be strong and durable. All Litespeed Racing wheels are custom made, with almost endless size, offset and color/finish options.

Here is the reason why. With higher strength properties, we are able to engineer a wheel with less material, while maintaining the same strength as a heavier wheel.

Traditional 6061 T6 aluminum versus 6066 T6 Aluminum:

Ultimate Tensile strenght: 310 MPa VS 400 MPa = 6066 T6 is about 30% stronger
Fatigue Strength: 96MPa VS 110MPa = 6066T6 is about 15% stronger
Strength to Weight: 110KN-m/kg VS 140KN-m/kg = 6066T6 is about 36% stronger

*source: www.makeitfrom.com

Litespeed Racing has over 10 years of composite and alloy engineering, and manufacturing experience . The RS5 and RS5D where engineered using FEA computer simulation analysis , and third party SAE physical testing.
They can also be custom finished
Contact me for special pricing and group buys.
It will take about 6-8 for delivery
6-8 weeks to deliver from time of payment. All made in the USA, at the Orange County manufacturing facility.
Go to www.saharatire.com for ordering and contact info. I will be happy to answer any questions or concerns. Thank you

Stupid, tangential question:

anyone know of a website or other resource that let's you select and view what different kinds of after market rims look like on an MS? I'm about 7 months away from my current lease expiring and I'd seriously consider some custom rims for my next MS. I'd like to figure that out between now and then. Thanks in advance

Google will get you a ton of pictures to get you in the ballpark of what you like. Evannex, TSportline, etc also have pictures.

But when you are ready to buy go to a wheel shop on a day they are not busy and they should roll some wheels out for you. Mine had some blocks to simulate tires and they put the new wheel just outside the existing so I could easily imagine what they look like installed. They also had quite a few pictures of previous Tesla installs.

Google will get you a ton of pictures to get you in the ballpark of what you like. Evannex, TSportline, etc also have pictures.

But when you are ready to buy go to a wheel shop on a day they are not busy and they should roll some wheels out for you. Mine had some blocks to simulate tires and they put the new wheel just outside the existing so I could easily imagine what they look like installed. They also had quite a few pictures of previous Tesla installs.
Yeah, I know. But (for example) when you go onto Tesla's site you can select their various rim options and it updates the visual you're looking at. I was hoping for an online tool like that, but for after market rims. I'm willing to spend some money but literally have no idea what I want.

Just doing my bi-annual check to see if there have been any ESE wheels delivered yet. I think we're approaching 3 years pretty soon here.

I search every few months and there's no sign that they've delivered a wheel. The photos on their web site continue to be photoshopped. Their Facebook page hasn't had a post for nearly a year.

Don't know how these guys stay in business. Maybe they just launder money:)

Not many other manufacturers have carbon fiber wheels so one has to wonder when the breakthrough will occur. In three years time one would think a number of manufacturers would have emerged with aftermarket products.

Finally fitting 2 of my wheels tomorrow, took a flat today for me to finally put the extended studs in. Only took 2 hours to install them, mostly been afraid of disabling the car for an extended period of time since it's my only ride for another month or 2.

Unfortunately the fronts did not fit as I calculated, although I'm still going to try and get spacers to fit them. If not, I plan on purchasing 2 of the 8.5 Tesla fitment wheels that @Carl Reese has and keeping the 10.5 rears I'm installing tomorrow.

Is there anyone interested in buying my 9.5s to use on their rear?

Here's the pics everyone's been waiting for! And I test fitted the 9.5s on the front a bit this morning and I'm pretty sure I can make them work with a spacer.

Excuse the loose rim ring and ugly lug nuts... UP titaniums are on the way. ARP also has a 1/2 shorter stud than the one I used, 100-7736. I may get those and move the longer ones to the front where I'll probably need them for the spacer, if the titanium lugs don't make it look nicer. Kind of a work in progress right now since I need the car, more of a "make it work now" than "make it look nice."

Next update probably won't be till April. should be the fun one with 4 carbon wheels, proper lug nuts, and carbon brakes! I can definitely feel some grip differences upgrading to a 305 vs 265. Can't wait till the fronts are on.

P_20180307_162124.jpg

P_20180307_162115.jpg

P_20180307_162107.jpg

P_20180307_162045.jpg

Last edited: