Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cargo Liner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohmman

Upright Member
Global Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay/Truckee, CA
I believe @Roamer posted a photo of a cargo liner that he'd purchased. I couldn't immediately find it, but I did want to post the one I purchased. I got the extra large size of this liner. I measured carefully and originally purchased the small, but realized that the width they supply doesn't include the flaps that go up the sides. In order to get good coverage, you need the extra large size. I'm happy with the thickness and the quality. I don't have dogs, but assume this is perfect for them. For me, it's going to be the way I load up the junk I often carry around.

Note that there is quite a bit of extra length - this could come in handy when/if cargo mode is implemented, as well as for hanging over and covering the bumper. It also can fold up and over your cargo so that when the tailgate is closed, the inside of that is also protected.

IMG_1835.JPG

I got the same one. It is excellent for dogs, kept all the hair off the carpet. Also found it to be too long but just folded it under. Might cut it down a bit but the bumper flap is nice to prevent the dogs from scratching. Also have to consider cargo mode.

One problem I found was if you fold it over and the rubber/grippy bottom is upward and is near the door when it seals shut some of the grip will transfer onto the door. It's is easy to rub off the door but will avoid that in the future.

I believe @Roamer posted a photo of a cargo liner that he'd purchased. I couldn't immediately find it, but I did want to post the one I purchased. I got the extra large size of this liner. I measured carefully and originally purchased the small, but realized that the width they supply doesn't include the flaps that go up the sides. In order to get good coverage, you need the extra large size. I'm happy with the thickness and the quality. I don't have dogs, but assume this is perfect for them. For me, it's going to be the way I load up the junk I often carry around.

Note that there is quite a bit of extra length - this could come in handy when/if cargo mode is implemented, as well as for hanging over and covering the bumper. It also can fold up and over your cargo so that when the tailgate is closed, the inside of that is also protected.

View attachment 172270

I bought the same exact one as @ohmman from Amazon shortly after getting my car (also extra large) that I use for cargo protection not dogs. I have another one in a hammock style for the back seat for my dog. Both are thick and quilted and around $40. They are awesome.

Msnow, thanks for the seat liner photos. May need to have my wife make something for the back seat of our 6-seat MX, supposed to be delivered next week, here in Maryland. We have a black Portugese Waterdog that looks pretty much like your cute dog. Man's best friend. No doubt.

Reactions: msnow

View attachment 172270
@ohmman - is it the one selling for $120 on Amazon?

Another note about this cargo liner. The headrest straps interfere a bit with the occupants heads (assuming they're at that height, and not in car seats). The way I've used this the last couple of times is that I buckle the head straps in place and lay it out the way I'd like. Then I load my larger, flatter objects to pin the cargo cover against the back seats. I finish loading the back area, then unbuckle the straps when I'm done. Everything stays in place nicely.

Loading wider objects against the back seats works well because it also ensures that nothing will try to push that cargo cover center through the gap in my 6-seater configuration. So far, I'm loving this thing for loading up the car. Works great.

I am getting a set of these from: For My Tesla – Just another WordPress site the trim and logos a bit to look like this. Just adding TESLA to the logo's and using an off white/tan color and trim to go with my tan seats.
I'll get a waterproof sided tray for the trunk later if WT or Tesla ever decides to make one.

Love them...Very classy and elegant...changes the whole look with the mats on..Thanks for sharing..will contact them and see if they will ship them to Canada.