Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The vehicle and charger need to negotiate. If the vehicle wants 200kW, but the charger is only willing to supply 70kW, it gets 70kW. There are enough situations where simply moving to another plug in the same station to demonstrate that sometimes the charger limits the rate for whatever reason.
You can unplug and plug it back into the same charger and get different rates.

The official CCS1 adapter is “rated” for 200A but I have seen it so double or more. Assuming 370V battery that means ~460A

Edit: and I’ll run the battery down low today with preheat (nav to a nearby supercharger) to see how high this adapter can go.

Edit 2: don’t go buy a chademo from Tesla or spend $1200 to get a CCS1 adapter from local. Harumio cost me $5 service fee and $39 shipping on top of ~$290 of the adapter. 10 days from inquiry to product in hand.
If you click on the "session details", it tells you the amps and voltage.

I agree. In summer and after driving a good distance on the highway I get V3 charge speeds up to 185 kW in my 2019 MS. In other local situations, even with the battery conditioning notification I rarely get above 150 kW.
Same here! I actually got 200KW peak on my MS by preconditioning for quite a few miles last summer driving at 80mph. Recently I went to a local V3 about 1 mile from my house and peak was 125KW. Preconditioning and high speed driving, especially on hills can speed things up below 60% of the battery. After that it doesn't much matter.

The official CCS1 adapter is “rated” for 200A but I have seen it so double or more. Assuming 370V battery that means ~460A

Edit: and I’ll run the battery down low today with preheat (nav to a nearby supercharger) to see how high this adapter can go.

Edit 2: don’t go buy a chademo from Tesla or spend $1200 to get a CCS1 adapter from local. Harumio cost me $5 service fee and $39 shipping on top of ~$290 of the adapter. 10 days from inquiry to product in hand.
The Harumio surcharge is a bit more than their $5 fee. At current exchange rates, the adapter is only $237. That means they're charging the $5 service fee, on top of a roughly $50 profit. Still very reasonable, but not $5.

The Harumio surcharge is a bit more than their $5 fee. At current exchange rates, the adapter is only $237. That means they're charging the $5 service fee, on top of a roughly $50 profit. Still very reasonable, but not $5.
Yeah very reasonable mine came out to 318.50 shipped also a very smooth process. It's nice to see they're not taking advantage of people like the eBay sales.

There are PayPal and exchange rate fees which are factored in. Harumio explained this in a previous post.

There are PayPal and exchange rate fees which are factored in. Harumio explained this in a previous post.

In my opinion Harumio has provided a valuable service. Relatively quick, easy, professional, and affordable. Look at the alternatives:
  • Don’t get adapter.
  • Pay outrageous markup on “At bay.”
  • Wait for Tesla to get around to releasing the adapter. (When?)
I have no problem paying their very reasonable markup.

Caveat: Not being compensated in any way by anyone for this opinion.

Hi Harumio here,

We saw some traffic to our site coming from here, so we registered an account to engage directly and get some feedback and suggestions.

To answer a few questions,
1. Our pricing might differ from Google exchange rate because Google uses mid-market rate, which is significantly "cheaper" than what PayPal / Credit card companies actually charge us. We could offer a US bank wire transfer option but that's usually reserved for bulk orders of 10 adapters and above.

2. Based on our past experience, there shouldn't be any tax/duties for USA customers but Canada would probably have taxes/duties.

3. If there's demand for it, we can organize a group buy but a member of the community would need to offer their Tesla account in order for us to purchase the adapters.

If there's any questions, please feel free to ask. :D

Thank you!
Here was the quote for reference just fyi

• Helpful
Reactions: mociaf9 and tps5352
You can unplug and plug it back into the same charger and get different rates.
Dude, checkout some of Bjorn's videos... There are many examples, where the charger is just busted. There is even one, where more than one car tried to use a particular stall, and couldn't get more than 60kw out of it, even after trying several times... They switched stalls, and got > 200kw.. And bjorn almost always uses a scanner, so knows all the details about what is requested, what is received, and what the battery temps are...

In my opinion Harumio has provided a valuable service. Relatively quick, easy, professional, and affordable. Look at the alternatives:
  • Don’t get adapter.
  • Pay outrageous markup on “At bay.”
  • Wait for Tesla to get around to releasing the adapter. (When?)
I have no problem paying their very reasonable markup.

Caveat: Not being compensated in any way by anyone for this opinion.
Also add the Delivered method. Cheaper but the customer have to do more of the legwork. Its also not giving out login information.....

0-50% in 15 minutes and 0-80% in 30 minutes.
FDCB069E-1AA6-41A6-BC8F-41D80A997A14.jpeg

Attachments

• D07E6833-D79D-4099-95E6-C73624FA2C60.jpeg
    D07E6833-D79D-4099-95E6-C73624FA2C60.jpeg
    398 KB · Views: 69
  • 01E67BD5-01B9-4411-81FC-C7C741A5D807.jpeg
    01E67BD5-01B9-4411-81FC-C7C741A5D807.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 67