Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1148.jpeg
IMG_1147.jpeg

Arrived yesterday from my July 3 order.

Reactions: Cyberspeed
Probably when Tesla starts selling the adapter in the NA market, which is when they must admit that the SC network isn’t sufficient to cover Tesla owners’ charging needs. Which may never happen.

In this case, you can't even say that. Tesla has not officially said they will offer retrofits in NA at all. Even the CCS adapter they have only teased it in a tweet.

True, true. Some people have suggested that because Harumio (purchasing/shipping business in Korea) has recently been unable to get CCS1 (and CHAdeMO) adapters from Tesla-South Korea to send to North American customers, it may mean that Tesla is finally preparing to release the CCS1 adapter for sale directly to NA drivers. I hope so, but then again this may only be wishful thinking. As always, we just have to wait and see.

In my experience, the text message summary that electrify america sends you when the charging is complete, is by far more accurate than what is displayed in the charging history within the app.

My assumption on how EA derived the "215kw" number is by taking the max pack voltage and multiplying it by the maximum amps the dispenser can provide.

In my vehicles case my max pack voltage is only 403, so at 500 amps at best I'd only receive 201kw.

If you look on harumio's listing for just the case, there's pictures of the spacer being used with the CCS1 adapter:
View attachment 829275View attachment 829280

Does the adapter really stick out that much? I really wish I was able to get the adapter + the case, the case looks sweet (but not $45 sweet) and the adapter is pretty much unavailable as of now

Wish I saw this earlier. I either didn't get one of these foam things or I threw it out with the box it came in. Was this provided in the case or just in the delivery box somewhere?

Anyone know where I could buy one of these things? When I used the adapter i noticed that it puts a lot of strain on the charge port. This foam thing is a great idea.

The EU doesn't like to pick winners, but the US detests it. I would be shocked if the US ever says that Lightning cables must go let alone Superchargers. Even when the US gives rebates and tax breaks to encourage certain behavior it bites them in the butt (see the Solyndra scandal)

Now with all the cash going out the door for a High Speed Charging Network it won't be the US picking winners, it may just be rescuing losers somewhat. In the unlikely event that Tesla gets none of these funds it will continue to have large profits to support the expansion of the Supercharger network, while EA only has the Dieselgate money to seed it's operation and any issues like high energy costs have to be worked out in their business model. The other charging companies struggle to get equipment and repairs financed, often buoyed by grant programs that provide seed money but not recurring financing when someone comes and cuts the cables off the stations or drives over the connectors left on the ground.

As more and more decent EVs come from companies other than Tesla we are starting to see activity at 3P chargers but there are often days where many new Superchargers go online, all with large numbers of stalls that charge at 250kWs each. Meanwhile the biggest trend in CCS charging is the one off 24kW stalls located at the dealer or a fast food restaurant. You will not be done charging after you finish your Happy Meal.

Check out Supercharge.info vs Fastcharger.info

Don't see prices going down as long as access to the adapters from SK is cut off and it remains unavailable for order stateside.
Now I'm wishing I had ordered an extra adapter (or 10 lol).

There's supposedly now a US-based third-party adapter, which if it works would help provide another option. Someone here was part of testing it and said it worked OK, but...it'll have to be seen.

There's supposedly now a US-based third-party adapter, which if it works would help provide another option. Someone here was part of testing it and said it worked OK, but...it'll have to be seen.
Possibly, but lots of people will still put a premium on getting an "official" Tesla product versus a 3rd party version.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Wish I saw this earlier. I either didn't get one of these foam things or I threw it out with the box it came in. Was this provided in the case or just in the delivery box somewhere?

Anyone know where I could buy one of these things? When I used the adapter i noticed that it puts a lot of strain on the charge port. This foam thing is a great idea.

More than likely you didn't have one in your shipment. They weren't included until recently. After asking about them, Harumio sent me a few. Want one (brown, black, or white)? PM me to arrange.

Harumio,...Things?

Reactions: DanDi58 and Tedkidd
In the unlikely event that Tesla gets none of these funds it will continue to have large profits to support the expansion of the Supercharger network, while EA only has the Dieselgate money to seed it's operation and any issues like high energy costs have to be worked out in their business model. The other charging companies struggle to get equipment and repairs financed, often buoyed by grant programs that provide seed money but not recurring financing when someone comes and cuts the cables off the stations or drives over the connectors left on the ground.
It’s not quite that grim. GM is helping fund 2,000 “ultra-fast” EVgo chargers at 500 Pilot and Flying J truck stops.

Electrify America has also expanded their funds to build new chargers via a new $450 million investment by Siemens and VW.

I expect we will see more of this in the next few years.

And who can read Korean....there doesn't appear to be an English translation of that page. 🤷‍♂️
Even if you could read Korean and fill in the address for your forwarding company, they're as far as I know only taking South Korean credit cards and they're canceling suspicious orders. It's basically impossible to order the adapter directly from Tesla SK unless you have a South Korean address and credit card.

Reactions: Luvtoride
And who can read Korean....there doesn't appear to be an English translation of that page. 🤷‍♂️
Google can, and here it is

CCS Combo 1 Adapter​

Make sure this accessory is compatible with the vehicle in your Tesla account

Quantity
-1+
More information
Description:
Experience more fast charging options with the Tesla CCS Combo 1 adapter compatible with third-party charging networks.
Before using the CCS Combo 1 adapter with the CCS1 charging station, please refer to the support page for details including compatibility.
One purchase is allowed per account, and orders from an existing purchase account and orders of two or more may be canceled.
※Caution: Currently, this product is only applicable to Model 3 and Model Y.
Configuration:

1 x CCS Combo 1 Adapter
Model number:
1656565-10-A
Applicable vehicles:
Model 3, Model Y
KC Certification:
Yes (ZZ07011-20001)
Rated:
500 Vd.c, 300 Ad.c.
Release date of the same model:
2021/10
Manufacturer/Importer:
PEGATRON Corporation (Taoyunan Plant)/TESLA KOREA
Origin:
Taiwan
Size:
16(L) x 10(W) x 14(H)(cm)
Quality Assurance Standard:
In accordance with relevant laws and consumer dispute resolution regulations
Dangers and precautions due to product use: see
CCS Combo 1 adapter manual
A/S service entity and contact:
Tesla Customer Support (080-617-1399)
Information on the terms and conditions of the transaction:
1. Delivered quickly and safely through a logistics company designated by Tesla Korea, and you can receive the product within 3-5 days after payment.
2. Matters regarding the effect of order cancellation or contract termination:
Buyer simply changes his mind within 7 days of receipt of the product (Buyer pays return shipping cost)
[Specific reasons for non-cancellation]
  • Products with an opened box or products installed
  • If the tabs attached to the product and the product box are damaged/lost
  • If the product is lost or damaged due to the customer's cause
  • If the delivered product is damaged or contaminated
  • If 7 days have passed since delivery
  • For custom-ordered products (excluding product defects), return within 30 days of receipt of a product that is defective as indicated/advertised, or within 3 months of receipt of the product, or within 30 days of knowing that the product differs from the mark/advertisement. /Exchange is not allowed. (Seller bears the return shipping cost)
3. Conditions and procedures such as exchange, return, product warranty, refund and compensation for delay in refund:
  • Quality Assurance Standards: You can exchange/return products purchased for initial defects and defects.
  • A/S manager and phone number: Tesla Customer Support (080-617-1399)
  • Upon arrival of the returned product, we will issue a refund to the method you paid for in accordance with the Tesla return process.
  • 12 months warranty
4. Compensation for damages, handling complaints about goods, etc., and resolving disputes between consumers and businesses:
  • For complaints about product use and compensation for damages, please contact the manufacturer, importer, or seller. Contact our customer support team and we will assist you in resolving the issue in accordance with applicable laws and standards.
  • Almost all of Tesla Korea's products are imported and individual parts are not imported, so if you need A/S, you can substitute other parts for A/S.
5. Terms and Conditions of Transaction (including how to check details)
Refer to Tesla Korea Terms and Conditions

Google can, and here it is

CCS Combo 1 Adapter​

Make sure this accessory is compatible with the vehicle in your Tesla account

Quantity
-1+
More information
Description:
Experience more fast charging options with the Tesla CCS Combo 1 adapter compatible with third-party charging networks.
Before using the CCS Combo 1 adapter with the CCS1 charging station, please refer to the support page for details including compatibility.
One purchase is allowed per account, and orders from an existing purchase account and orders of two or more may be canceled.
※Caution: Currently, this product is only applicable to Model 3 and Model Y.
Configuration:

1 x CCS Combo 1 Adapter
Model number:
1656565-10-A
Applicable vehicles:
Model 3, Model Y
KC Certification:
Yes (ZZ07011-20001)
Rated:
500 Vd.c, 300 Ad.c.
Release date of the same model:
2021/10
Manufacturer/Importer:
PEGATRON Corporation (Taoyunan Plant)/TESLA KOREA
Origin:
Taiwan
Size:
16(L) x 10(W) x 14(H)(cm)
Quality Assurance Standard:
In accordance with relevant laws and consumer dispute resolution regulations
Dangers and precautions due to product use: see
CCS Combo 1 adapter manual
A/S service entity and contact:
Tesla Customer Support (080-617-1399)
Information on the terms and conditions of the transaction:
1. Delivered quickly and safely through a logistics company designated by Tesla Korea, and you can receive the product within 3-5 days after payment.
2. Matters regarding the effect of order cancellation or contract termination:
Buyer simply changes his mind within 7 days of receipt of the product (Buyer pays return shipping cost)
[Specific reasons for non-cancellation]
  • Products with an opened box or products installed
  • If the tabs attached to the product and the product box are damaged/lost
  • If the product is lost or damaged due to the customer's cause
  • If the delivered product is damaged or contaminated
  • If 7 days have passed since delivery
  • For custom-ordered products (excluding product defects), return within 30 days of receipt of a product that is defective as indicated/advertised, or within 3 months of receipt of the product, or within 30 days of knowing that the product differs from the mark/advertisement. /Exchange is not allowed. (Seller bears the return shipping cost)
3. Conditions and procedures such as exchange, return, product warranty, refund and compensation for delay in refund:
  • Quality Assurance Standards: You can exchange/return products purchased for initial defects and defects.
  • A/S manager and phone number: Tesla Customer Support (080-617-1399)
  • Upon arrival of the returned product, we will issue a refund to the method you paid for in accordance with the Tesla return process.
  • 12 months warranty
4. Compensation for damages, handling complaints about goods, etc., and resolving disputes between consumers and businesses:
  • For complaints about product use and compensation for damages, please contact the manufacturer, importer, or seller. Contact our customer support team and we will assist you in resolving the issue in accordance with applicable laws and standards.
  • Almost all of Tesla Korea's products are imported and individual parts are not imported, so if you need A/S, you can substitute other parts for A/S.
5. Terms and Conditions of Transaction (including how to check details)
Refer to Tesla Korea Terms and Conditions

Darn, Owners Manual is in Korean! j/k ;)