Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So can I charge my MYLR using electrify Americas 350kwh?
On out of spec reviews, he was saying someone used the CCS adapter on their model 3 driving across the country using EA, and was able to get > 200kwh. He was saying he preferred to use EA when there were only v2 superchargers available, because he could charge faster on EA than a v2 SC.

On out of spec reviews, he was saying someone used the CCS adapter on their model 3 driving across the country using EA, and was able to get > 200kwh. He was saying he preferred to use EA when there were only v2 superchargers available, because he could charge faster on EA than a v2 SC.

Actually it was a refresh Model S they were talking about. They were just filming it on a Model 3.

This must be the video.

So can I charge my MYLR using electrify Americas 350kwh?
Yes, but you will not get 350 KW. The EA stations are high voltage stations capable of charging a high voltage battery at 350 KW. A low voltage battery like ours will top out at or near 200 KW. If you have a choice between a V2 supercharger or an EA station the EA would be better, but for us a V3 would be better than an EA station.

Keith

Tesla CCS adapter arrived at LAX Gateway today, clearing customs…

Have you been asked to pay any additional customs or other fees?

I have ordered one also--just got confirmation of the order from Tesla in Korea.

Midnightsun (see Post #59, above) had to pay extra, but maybe that's just in Canada?

Last edited:
Has anyone thought about a case for this adapter?
I am worried about the long protruding stick being damaged by accident.
Hard shell EVA case might be great for its protection.

Agreed. Yes I have. I was going to wait until I actually had one in hand; do some measuring. But I was thinking of something like this combo:
So in other words, some sort of plain black nylon zippered case and some cubed foam. Build something like the Tesla case that holds the Model X receiver hitch adapter. Those are nice because of the high-friction-base that prevents sliding around on trunk carpet.

A hard-shell case with foam might be good, also.

But leaving the adapter to knock around in the trunk is asking for trouble, imo.

Have you been asked to pay any additional customs or other fees?

I have ordered one also--just got confirmation of the order from Tesla in Korea.

Midnightsun (see Post #59, above) had to pay extra, but maybe that's just in Canada?
No customs or import fees in the USA.
Agreed. Yes I have. I was going to wait until I actually had one in hand; do some measuring. But I was thinking of something like this combo:
So in other words, some sort of plain black nylon zippered case and some cubed foam. Build something like the Tesla case that holds the Model X receiver hitch adapter. Those are nice because of the high-friction-base that prevents sliding around on trunk carpet.

A hard-shell case with foam might be good, also.

But leaving the adapter to knock around in the trunk is asking for trouble, imo.
I was thinking about something to keep mine in, and for now I keep it in the Tesla box that it came it. It's nice and the top flap has sticky adhesive that allows you to open and close the box multiple times. I might have to measure the adapter dimensions and find a nice padded zipper case for it (I'm pretty sure the one you linked to on Amazon is too small).

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352
Yes, but you will not get 350 KW. The EA stations are high voltage stations capable of charging a high voltage battery at 350 KW. A low voltage battery like ours will top out at or near 200 KW. If you have a choice between a V2 supercharger or an EA station the EA would be better, but for us a V3 would be better than an EA station.

Keith

I'll have to get this before my next trip to Mississippi. I checked and there are EA chargers in both Greenville, AL and Mobile, AL near the 150 KW Tesla chargers. I can set my destination to the super chargers to get the preconditioning and try the faster EA ones first.

Question is wait for the US release or order from Korea. Anyone think there is a chance Tesla will block the ones from Korea when they release in the US? Or am I just being paranoid?

...Question is wait for the US release or order from Korea. Anyone think there is a chance Tesla will block the ones from Korea when they release in the US? Or am I just being paranoid?

Not to put words in your mouth, but I think the question you might have meant is:

Will Tesla somehow block the sale of Korean CCS1 adapters to North American buyers well before it eventually releases its adapter directly for sale to buyers in North America?

(Once the CCS1 adapter goes on sale in North America, importing from Korea becomes mostly a moot point (unless the Korean adapter remains, somehow better than the North American version. And why would that be? Unlikely.)

There are other interesting (scary, for early buyers like me) questions, like:

Will any eventual Tesla CCS1 adapter released for sale directly in North America be exactly the same, or will it be somehow better for NA cars than the Korean version?

"Better" could mean any number of things--e.g.:
  1. re-designed (to reduce vulnerability of that "pin");
  2. significantly less expensive;
  3. smaller;
  4. available in variants that somehow better match the car model;
  5. with internal safety features (required by Canadian or American regulations);
and so forth. Of these, perhaps Number 2 seems most likely.

Here's hoping that (a) all North American Tesla drivers get access to its CCS1 adapter soon and (b) early buyers of the Korean version (like me) don't get hosed too badly in the process. (IMO, buyers who pay huge amounts on eBay, for example, are the ones taking the biggest risk.)

Last edited:
Reactions: chadol
hummm, we ordered on the same date. On Tesla shop it says "order completed" as of April 21. I've heard nothing from harumio yet. No tracking or shipping as of today. East coast US here.

Did you ever get any email form Harumio? (You must have at some point, correct?) Nevertheless, check your email system's spam and trash folders and security settings to make sure you are not missing communications from them. Try adding the Harumio email [email protected] your saved email addresses so that messages from that address won't be automatically disposed of by your email system.

I was reassured by the number of professional messages and the rapidity of their responses (subject to understandable delays due to the time and date differences).

Check against my (over-long) list of steps I experienced here, and see if you are missing any likely communications from Harumio. You can always write directly to them, provide your order number if you have that, and just politely inquire. I found them appropriately responsive.

Oh, and Harumio opened up a TMC membership (see their first post). Their username is, no surprise, "harumio."

Reactions: kylinblue
Got a pleasant surprise minutes ago from DHL, so it actually only took 6 days from order day to my door. Maybe I lucked out?

IMG_0005.jpg

Did you ever get any email form Harumio? (You must have at some point, correct?) Nevertheless, check your email system's spam and trash folders and security settings to make sure you are not missing communications from them. Try adding the Harumio email [email protected] your saved email addresses so that messages from that address won't be automatically disposed of by your email system.

I was reassured by the number of professional messages and the rapidity of their responses (subject to understandable delays due to the time and date differences).

Check against my (over-long) list of steps I experienced here, and see if you are missing any likely communications from Harumio. You can always write directly to them, provide your order number if you have that, and just politely inquire. I found them appropriately responsive.

Oh, and Harumio opened up a TMC membership (see their first post). Their username is, no surprise, "harumio."
Not complaining. Just really want mine to get here.
Thanks for the tips I’ll try to make contact with them.

Got a pleasant surprise minutes ago from DHL, so it actually only took 6 days from order day to my door. Maybe I lucked out?

View attachment 797373
🤣
How funny. (Since I read Chinese). It says genuine parts for Tesla, originally produced in Taiwan, imported to Beijing, China. And we are buying it from South Korea to North America.