Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update, I have a tracking number :)

So, timeline for my order:
April 23 (this was on weekend) Placed order.
April 25 (Monday) Received emails in Korean that order had been placed.
April 29 (Friday) Received email with tracking number.
May 6 (Friday) is my projected delivery date.

Keith
April 30 package left Korea for US
May 1 package arrived at DHL hub, was processed and sent on to local DHL hub
May 2 package arrived at local hub, was processed and handed off to a "third party agent"

I am assuming this means they slapped a label on it and dropped it off at the post office for delivery. The post office around my area is actually pretty good... if they did give it to the post office I expect delivery before Friday.

Keith

Tesla really needs to release this in the US already.
For now this is not a priority in my book, only a few people with Teslas have access to CCS1 who purchased through Korea. When the adapter is available here there will be less choice due to the unbelievable number of Teslas showing up every day. They will be selling hundreds/day when this is released here and those more than convenient CCS stalls will be filling up more and more.

I think they should wait a few years. 😇

Reactions: Exelion
For now this is not a priority in my book, only a few people with Teslas have access to CCS1 who purchased through Korea. When the adapter is available here there will be less choice due to the unbelievable number of Teslas showing up every day. They will be selling hundreds/day when this is released here and those more than convenient CCS stalls will be filling up more and more.

I think they should wait a few years. 😇
As long as they don't open Tesla superchargers anytime soon I'll be happy. There are already enough Tesla's at them around me.

As long as they don't open Tesla superchargers anytime soon I'll be happy. There are already enough Tesla's at them around me.
Rather than open up Superchargers to other makes/models, the best (and cheapest) way forward would be to partner up and have that other company install CCS stalls at the supercharger, near the SC stalls.

Separate, but equal!

From what I read, the Model 3 shipped with a Gen 3 ECU assembly that did not have CCS capability, as well as a few other things... Then later a Gen 4 ECU came out with CCS capability, which came with the Y and newer 3. Then mid 2021, for a short while a revised Gen 4 came out missing CCS.... From what I gather, the Gen 4 ECU with CCS capability will only work as a drop in replacement for cars that came with a Gen 4 ECU, because the wiring harnass/pinout is different because the Gen 4 has sensors that aren't on the Gen 3.
My '21 July build SR+ Model 3 has CCS enabled FWIW.

Static partitioning of resources isn't a good thing if you're trying to ensure maximum availability.
Realistically I think the best option, is that only newly built Superchargers be open to all, that way the superchargers built to be open to all can be built with better logistics to deal with CCS cars with charging ports in different locations, etc... For example, set it up like some of the ones in Europe, where they are drive-thru style, instead of back in, etc..

Realistically I think the best option, is that only newly built Superchargers be open to all, that way the superchargers built to be open to all can be built with better logistics to deal with CCS cars with charging ports in different locations, etc... For example, set it up like some of the ones in Europe, where they are drive-thru style, instead of back in, etc..
Definitely an issue on this side of the pond. Barely enough cord to charge a Tesla on the ones we have now. No way can others charge and the lucky ones who could make the connection would take up an additional stall or 2 to get the cord to work.

In Europe stalls are set up differently however still a problem Non-Tesla EV Supercharging: Parking Issues Are A Significant Problem

Received the CCS1 adapter today, took one day less than estimated.

April 20 - Placed order through Harumio
April 21 - Harumio asks for backup password
April 21 - Backup password sent
-=Weekend in S. Korea=-
April 24 - Harumio's contractor places order
April 24 - Tesla Korea sends receipt
-=Tesla ships to Harumio, Harumio send via DHL (or FedEx)=-
April 28 - DHL issues tracking number
May 2 - Arrives Los Angeles Customs for processing
May 3 - Arrives Doorstep

Pay particular attention to the (Korean local time) weekend, as orders might not be placed and possibly work not done during that time. Also not that the shipping from Tesla Korea to Harumio is not tracked, so there will be a quiet period there too. Good advice would be to place the order on a Sunday or Monday, so to get the ball rolling during the week.

All in all, it was a very good experience. Even better than some domestic shippers I've had to deal with. I won't hesitate to buy anything from Harumio again. Only regret is they don't sell anything else I want.

Also not that the shipping from Tesla Korea to Harumio is not tracked, so there will be a quiet period there too.
I know the last time I went to Korea on a business trip, I was made aware that Korea has very strict data localization laws, such that a wide variety of data is not allowed to be stored or transfered to servers that are not housed within their national borders... It wouldn't surprise me if the shipment can be tracked, but only shows "unavailable" because you are connected from outside the country.

Special thanks to the guinea pigs pioneers that risked handing over their Tesla account info to receive the first shipments of adapters!
Realistically.. what's the absolute worst scenario for someone in Korea having my Tesla account information, while my Y is parked in my garage in the US? What damage could be done?

FYI.. Ordered mine last week.. DHL says it will be delivered in two days.

4/25 (Monday) - Inquiry email sent from Harumio
4/27 (Wednesday) - Invoice sent and immediately paid. Tesla account password is given. Order confirmation sent after. Hours later received two emails from Tesla Shop in Korean text. One email from Harumio acknowledging that I have turned off the 2FA 6-digit code on my Tesla account.
5/1 (Sunday) - Order shipment confirmation & tracking number from Harumio.
5/2 (Monday) - DHL confirmation & tracking number that package received and shipped.

Currently ETA 5/5 (Thursday) - delivery of package.

Last edited:
Reactions: kayak1
Received the CCS1 adapter today, took one day less than estimated.

April 20 - Placed order through Harumio
April 21 - Harumio asks for backup password
April 21 - Backup password sent
-=Weekend in S. Korea=-
April 24 - Harumio's contractor places order
April 24 - Tesla Korea sends receipt
-=Tesla ships to Harumio, Harumio send via DHL (or FedEx)=-
April 28 - DHL issues tracking number
May 2 - Arrives Los Angeles Customs for processing
May 3 - Arrives Doorstep

Pay particular attention to the (Korean local time) weekend, as orders might not be placed and possibly work not done during that time. Also not that the shipping from Tesla Korea to Harumio is not tracked, so there will be a quiet period there too. Good advice would be to place the order on a Sunday or Monday, so to get the ball rolling during the week.

All in all, it was a very good experience. Even better than some domestic shippers I've had to deal with. I won't hesitate to buy anything from Harumio again. Only regret is they don't sell anything else I want.
Ordered mine on a Monday, and it was delivered on Tuesday of the following week. I've had shipments from Tesla Direct here take longer to get to me.

Surprisingly heavy isn't it? Lots of copper or some sort of metal in that plastic shell for sure.

Funny, I thought the same thing, this thing is solid. I remember seeing the comments about the pin getting broken easily. Maybe if i drop it on the pin! It's very solidly built, my only concern is the torque applied on the part going into the car from the cable coming from the DC charger. If it last me 8 years I'll be happy. LOL