Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That said, if you figure their full-time business is a proxy service so they are hopefully processing hundreds of items for shipment to other countries daily, possibly even hourly. I imagine if the proxy costs get too expensive.. people will simply find another vendor providing the same services.

I looked at other proxies.. and chose them more due to their reputation than anything. Seems a lot of people had great service and that was more important to me than price.
YEah, you'd be surprised at how much makeup people order this way... My wife pointed out to me that a lot of the Korean beauty products that she uses, she buys direct from Korea, because the ones she bought in the US were completely different ingredients wise to the ones I brought back from Korea, even tho they were the same brand, etc.

Reactions: Daekwan
So it begins. Lol

So it begins. Lol
Just venting, but damn it pisses me off.

That is odd that they would allow scalping on here. Especially with so many threads with people helping get them from Korea.
I don't see it as scalping, it's more like arbitrage.

The seller took a risk (maybe small, but a risk) in giving up their account password and wiring money to Korea to buy what is, for now, a grey market item.

Some folks may want the adaptor, but don't want to take that much risk. So they're willing to pay someone else who's done it.

Seller sold it for $950 so there's definitely demand for their services.

IMHO, YMMV, etc.

I don't see it as scalping, it's more like arbitrage.

The seller took a risk (maybe small, but a risk) in giving up their account password and wiring money to Korea to buy what is, for now, a grey market item.

Some folks may want the adaptor, but don't want to take that much risk. So they're willing to pay someone else who's done it.

Seller sold it for $950 so there's definitely demand for their services.

IMHO, YMMV, etc.
Considering the exact same adapter has been seen selling for as much as $1,900 on Ebay, $950 is a relative steal.

Reactions: JonB65 and Daekwan
They're making $50 off the charger. convert W299 000 to dollars.
The guy responded earlier saying that you can't just use the exchange rate that google gives you, because he said it was significantly different than the one actually used thru the payment processor. I know when I travel abroad on business, it was the same way. Either way tho, with how painless/easy it was, I'm ok with them making that.

When sold on eBay, the auction prices will bid up to about that much anyway. $800 - $1000. So it doesn't really matter if it sells on eBay or here for that much, the price is about the same - there's that much demand for this and people are willing to pay around 3x the cost to get it sooner, from the US, and not go through a S. Korean proxy, no matter how good their customer service is.

There's the same amount of demand for the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter too, as the prices on eBay for that are almost as high.

When sold on eBay, the auction prices will bid up to about that much anyway. $800 - $1000. So it doesn't really matter if it sells on eBay or here for that much, the price is about the same - there's that much demand for this and people are willing to pay around 3x the cost to get it sooner, from the US, and not go through a S. Korean proxy, no matter how good their customer service is.

There's the same amount of demand for the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter too, as the prices on eBay for that are almost as high.
Well I'm glad some people on here were nice enough to share the information and not keep it to themselves for their own gain.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
Still waiting to receive mine (scheduled delivery tomorrow). But I took was a bit surprised at the $5 charge for everything involved, seems a bit too good to be true.. That said, if you figure their full-time business is a proxy service so they are hopefully processing hundreds of items for shipment to other countries daily, possibly even hourly. I imagine if the proxy costs get too expensive.. people will simply find another vendor providing the same services.

I looked at other proxies.. and chose them more due to their reputation than anything. Seems a lot of people had great service and that was more important to me than price.

The item cost $240 (at the exchange rate I checked a few days ago) we are charged $274.50 plus shipping and the 5 dollar fee. You are all discounting the item markup. I don't begrudge them this, all middle men have a price markup on parts... I am just surprised people using this site don't realize it. A small amount is eaten up by currency exchange (bank is the middle man in that transaction and takes their cut) They make around $30.00 to $35.00 on each sale, not $5.00

Keith

Last edited:
Received it and here are the results!!!

I received my CCS1 through Harumio today (thank you Hurumio guys, you are the best), decided to test it and post the results here.

I Live i Southwest Ontario, Canada and the first testing location was ON Route (Cambridge eastbound)at Ivy network. It took me a few minutes to download the app. signup with them and add the CC information. Then the first try failed (probably because it was plugged in for a long time while I was signing up). The 2nd try was successful. I came with 59% SOC and wanted to charge it for a few minutes just to test it. It started and kept 72kW. It may go up if I waited a little longer.

Then I drove to Petro-Canada off hwy 401 eastbound (Steels Ave. S. in Milton, ON). Came there with 50% SOC, the charge started at the first try and I got 124kW there.

I was going to go to test it at Electrify Canada (at Toronto Premium Outlets) but since my phone rang I had to postpone it for some other time.
Wanted to test high-speed chargers along the main hwy 401, didn't bother testing those in the city as I don't need to charge while I am close to home.

Hope this helps.
Thank you HURAMIO!!!

Others please post your experiences.

Attachments

• 20220504_125721.jpg
    20220504_125721.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 20220504_145451.jpg
    20220504_145451.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20220504_145532.jpg
    20220504_145532.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220504_152537.jpg
    20220504_152537.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20220504-152518_Petro-Canada EV.jpg
    Screenshot_20220504-152518_Petro-Canada EV.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 56
I have the adapter in my grubby little hand! You all know what they look like, no need to post another picture. It arrived well packaged and in perfect condition.

So, full timeline for my order:

April 23 (this was on weekend) Placed order.
April 25 (Monday) Received emails in Korean that order had been placed.
April 29 (Friday) Received email with tracking number.
May 6 (Friday) is my projected delivery date.
April 30 package left Korea for US
May 1 package arrived at DHL hub, was processed and sent on to local DHL hub
May 2 package arrived at local hub, was processed and handed off to a "third party
May 4 mid morning, arrived at my front door. Two days ahead of predicted delivery.

So, ordering on a weekend which delays processing about 2 days it was still only 12 days from order to delivery. Amazing what you can get done in less than 2 weeks with the help of the TMC forum :)

Keith

PS: Next day off is Friday, I will do a near zero to near full charge at an Electrify America station and post up charts comparing it to V2 and V3 supercharging.

Received it and here are the results!!!

I received my CCS1 through Harumio today (thank you Hurumio guys, you are the best), decided to test it and post the results here.

I Live i Southwest Ontario, Canada and the first testing location was ON Route (Cambridge eastbound)at Ivy network. It took me a few minutes to download the app. signup with them and add the CC information. Then the first try failed (probably because it was plugged in for a long time while I was signing up). The 2nd try was successful. I came with 59% SOC and wanted to charge it for a few minutes just to test it. It started and kept 72kW. It may go up if I waited a little longer.

Then I drove to Petro-Canada off hwy 401 eastbound (Steels Ave. S. in Milton, ON). Came there with 50% SOC, the charge started at the first try and I got 124kW there.

I was going to go to test it at Electrify Canada (at Toronto Premium Outlets) but since my phone rang I had to postpone it for some other time.
Wanted to test high-speed chargers along the main hwy 401, didn't bother testing those in the city as I don't need to charge while I am close to home.

Hope this helps.
Thank you HURAMIO!!!

Others please post your experiences.
Also thank you all from this discussing forum group who shared, for many of us, useful information.

The guy responded earlier saying that you can't just use the exchange rate that google gives you, because he said it was significantly different than the one actually used thru the payment processor. I know when I travel abroad on business, it was the same way. Either way tho, with how painless/easy it was, I'm ok with them making that.
It's not much different. I got mine through delivered.co.kr. With that site I purchased it myself on tesla's Korean website and had it shipped to them and they forwarded to me. I was charged $242 from Tesla. Paid Delivered.co.kr $43 for shipping plus their fee for a total of $285.

The guy responded earlier saying that you can't just use the exchange rate that google gives you, because he said it was significantly different than the one actually used thru the payment processor.

Still waiting to receive mine (scheduled delivery tomorrow). But I took was a bit surprised at the $5 charge for everything involved, seems a bit too good to be true.. That said, if you figure their full-time business is a proxy service so they are hopefully processing hundreds of items for shipment to other countries daily, possibly even hourly. I imagine if the proxy costs get too expensive.. people will simply find another vendor providing the same services.

If the whole exchange range thing is point of contusion, they should allow us to pay directly in Korean Won, and have the buyer pay the exchange costs. But they explicitly say only USD is allowed. They're obviously making some amount of money from the currency conversion.

299k won = $239 as of today, 5/4/22.
So if sold at $275, they make $36 (15%) via the exchange, plus the $5 "processing fee" for a total of $41 (17%) in profit per adapter. Shipping cost is actual cost to the buyer.

My point is that the middle man (Harumio) can make money, but at least be transparent about it. Accept money in Won and charge the flat $40 processing fee. By only charging only a "$5" fee, they make it seem like they are the poor guy. Ultimately, its up to the buyer to act or not.

Last edited: