Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed and they offered the an aftermarket option. Nothing to urge. I'll wait to get another one once Tesla starts selling in the US.

CCS Combo 1 Adapter
Yup. Just got the same email response:

Thank you for your email.

We regret to inform you that, as for the latest update, we are unable to accept any new order for the Tesla CCS adapter. However, we should still be able to place an order for the CHAdemo adapter, let us know if you are interested. Please accept our sincerest apology for this unfortunate circumstance and thank you for your kind understanding.
You may also check out the OEM version for this adapter here:

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely ,
Harumio

Yup. Just got the same email response:

Thank you for your email.

We regret to inform you that, as for the latest update, we are unable to accept any new order for the Tesla CCS adapter. However, we should still be able to place an order for the CHAdemo adapter, let us know if you are interested. Please accept our sincerest apology for this unfortunate circumstance and thank you for your kind understanding.
You may also check out the OEM version for this adapter here:

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely ,
Harumio

I'm afraid that is not the correct use of the acronym OEM. My understanding is that "OEM" (original equipment manufacturer) refers to original equipment or accessories offered on a product by the manufacturer. In this case, Harumio probably should have said "aftermarket."

Reactions: DanDi58
Sadly, I fear Harumio is a waste of your time. On Aug 3 I placed an order through them. It took them 8 days to actually make the order with my Tesla account, which is annoying because I feared that all that would happen is what just did happen, Tesla Korea canceled the order. So a lot of wasted time, and I don't know why they let it take so long to figure that out.

I will say that in addition to being a car in the USA, my car is a 2018 that doesn't have CCS support, but I have also bought the gen4 adapter and bundle o'wires -- but that might be the reason Tesla canceled the order and not because my car is not in Korea.

Sadly, I fear Harumio is a waste of your time. On Aug 3 I placed an order through them. It took them 8 days to actually make the order with my Tesla account, which is annoying because I feared that all that would happen is what just did happen, Tesla Korea canceled the order. So a lot of wasted time, and I don't know why they let it take so long to figure that out.

I will say that in addition to being a car in the USA, my car is a 2018 that doesn't have CCS support, but I have also bought the gen4 adapter and bundle o'wires -- but that might be the reason Tesla canceled the order and not because my car is not in Korea.

Oh, too bad (to you and to everyone trying to purchase the genuine Tesla adapter). But all is not lost. First, you can get your car ready for eventual CCS adapter by installing the ECU and updating the software in a relaxed manner. No rush, so take your time and do it (or have it done) properly and carefully. Second, I suspect that a genuine Tesla CCS1 adapter will be available to you (and others) soon (e.g., this year), either through Tesla directly or through other businesses.

Oh, too bad (to you and to everyone trying to purchase the genuine Tesla adapter). But all is not lost. First, you can get your car ready for eventual CCS adapter by installing the ECU and updating the software in a relaxed manner. No rush, so take your time and do it (or have it done) properly and carefully. Second, I suspect that a genuine Tesla CCS1 adapter will be available to you (and others) soon (e.g., this year), either through Tesla directly or through other businesses.
Clones of the genuine one, with locking pins, are coming, though they will take a few months.

But it's road trip season now.

Also, I was waiting to install the new controller because there is a slight risk it can interfere with charging at existing SC and other chargers because of the more conservative resistor setting in the bundle o'wires that will trigger heat alerts. Or possible other problems. So if I do it in advance, I will wait until I am home for a while but also testing charging in various places -- which is a contradiction because when I am home I never charge anywhere else.

• Informative
Reactions: tps5352
I think I can wait for the adapter to hopefully come out... My car has a stripped ECU and so back when Harumio had stock, I had thought that even if I get the adapter I would never be able to use it since I don't have the correct ECU and didn't think at the time it was worth bringing in my car to get it retrofitted but recently I saw people were actually able to get the ECU from part and so I decided to try to upgrade it but it was already too late as you couldn't get the adapter anymore.. Hopefully there is a way to get the OEM one soon, I rather get an OEM one.

Not sure why everyone is so hyped up on buying the CCS1 adapter.
Most people charge at home and Not many people take long road trips every week. Not many people have no access to Superchargers along their routes. Not having the CCS1 adapter impacts almost nobody negatively.
This looks like the same toilet paper craziness thing during the beginning of the pandemic that people bought those TPs crazy saying "just in case" and that "just in case" never happened.

Most people charge at home and Not many people take long road trips every week. Not many people have no access to Superchargers along their routes. Not having the CCS1 adapter impacts almost nobody negatively.
This looks like the same toilet paper craziness thing during the beginning of the pandemic that people bought those TPs crazy saying "just in case" and that "just in case" never happened.
Not True, In my particular case I was taking a trip to Oregon, in the particular spot I was staying the nearest supercharger was 40 miles away. However there is an EA station in the very same town as I was in. The CCS adapter came in very handy and saved me a bunch of time. The supercharger network is fantastic, but it's not "Everywhere".

Not True, In my particular case I was taking a trip to Oregon, in the particular spot I was staying the nearest supercharger was 40 miles away. However there is an EA station in the very same town as I was in. The CCS adapter came in very handy and saved me a bunch of time. The supercharger network is fantastic, but it's not "Everywhere".
Not true? HOW?
Especially when I said "almost", "not many people" "most people" which means the CCS1 can be "helpful" "handy" for very few, including yourself. But even for those few, it is not critical or essential to have one (as you mentioned, it is "handy").

Not true? HOW?
Especially when I said "almost", "not many people" "most people" which means the CCS1 can be "helpful" "handy" for very few, including yourself. But even for those few, it is not critical or essential to have one (as you mentioned, it is "handy").
Geee, Did you forget about this statement..... "This looks like the same toilet paper craziness thing during the beginning of the pandemic that people bought those TPs crazy saying "just in case" and that "just in case" never happened.
Cherry Pick Much......:rolleyes:

Reactions: spokey
Well, I guess I (and anyone who travels on Vancouver island or the kootenays) is the exception. We leave on another camping trip up island with our car trailer combo. That would be a no go without either our Chademo or CCS adapter.

To each his own.

Cheers.

Different areas have different coverage. There are sections of Arizona and New Mexico that are pretty sparse on the supercharger map with some "coming soon" that have been that way for several years. Some of the national parks and other tourist attractions are difficult or impossible to get to with enough remaining charge to get back.

Reactions: 804son

Everything you said is correct. “Most” just means over 50%. The other 50% of Tesla owners is still 500,000 people. That’s a lot of demand.

Maybe not where you are but around here, you couldn't buy TP or paper towels. So just in case did actually happen. Maybe because of over buying. Never the less the shelves were empty