Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CH/DE/AU Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Basel Land, the process for licence plate was super easy. Once I received the 13.20a document in 2 minutes I finished the insurance registration and a minute later I received an email that they informed the Basel Land Motor office. The following day I was there and in 5 minutes I walked out with my licence plate.
I even received some discount in this canton for the yearly tax due the car is electric. :)

Btw, I started to receive a lot of text messages from tesla :) They informed me how I can collect my car, to wear proper clothing due to the car will be outside, and they also mentioned that the vehicle will be charged around 30%. So far everything is good.
Tomorrow (or actually it is already today) is the big DAY!
Good luck for tomorrow :)

In Basel Land, the process for licence plate was super easy. Once I received the 13.20a document in 2 minutes I finished the insurance registration and a minute later I received an email that they informed the Basel Land Motor office. The following day I was there and in 5 minutes I walked out with my licence plate.
I even received some discount in this canton for the yearly tax due the car is electric. :)

Btw, I started to receive a lot of text messages from tesla :) They informed me how I can collect my car, to wear proper clothing due to the car will be outside, and they also mentioned that the vehicle will be charged around 30%. So far everything is good.
Tomorrow (or actually it is already today) is the big DAY!
Send Photos!!!

I just got my number plates to - apart from Number plates + Vehicle Registation document and ID, is there anything else you guys needed? Did you use a checklist to check the car? How was the quality, i.e. paint, panel gaps etc? I got this.

Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 14.50.14.png

Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 14.50.00.png

Send Photos!!!

I just got my number plates to - apart from Number plates + Vehicle Registation document and ID, is there anything else you guys needed? Did you use a checklist to check the car? How was the quality, i.e. paint, panel gaps etc? I got this.
My car had no issues at all. Number plates, registration document and that is it.

I did not use a checklist in place, just watched a few videos. Checked the panel gaps, paint, glasses, lamps, tyres, and rooftop. Opened all doors, windows, trunk and frunk. Checked the emergency door (lower the window first to not damage the paint). Inside, check the ceiling, seats, glove box, and a few minor things (seat/horn/steering wheel). That's it. If you forget something, you still can report it.

You have a lot of time, no one is hurrying you, so go with the solution which is best for you. Eventually, it should be a great experience :D

Mines also has some misalignment in the back - where you showed.. probably by design. And had few fingers on the sun shade.. but nothing major!
Yeah, I actually don't think I am going to get it done - I submitted a ticket and it came back at 0.00.- but I am worries that if they adjust it - undo the screws its going to loosen the paint and cause more problems that it will fix.

One thing I did notice today is under the bonnet at the front, the entire front liner is a little to the left (when looking at the car) and on the right top near the orange tap I have water residue from the rain but on the left nothing. Anyone else have this? Assuming there shouldn't be any water in there.

Hi all. I am still waiting my delivery from Vienna (expected sep - Oct, no Vin) and I got the following SMS today:

Liebe Tesla-Kundin, lieber Tesla-Kunde! Sie haben uns bekanntgegeben, dass Sie ab sofort für eine Fahrzeugübernahme bereit wären. Bitte antworten Sie mit JA, sofern diese Daten aktuell sind. Bitte antworten Sie mit NEIN, sofern eine Übernahme erst zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt erfolgen soll. Beachten Sie, dass wir keine fixe Zuteilung eines Fahrzeuges garantieren können. Um die SMS abzubestellen, antworten Sie mit STOP.

Can anyone tell me if they have gotten the same SMS in the past and if so, how was that related to the deliver date? Looking at the shipping thread in the UK forums, currently there are no Tesla ships inbound to Europe.

Hi all. I am still waiting my delivery from Vienna (expected sep - Oct, no Vin) and I got the following SMS today:

Liebe Tesla-Kundin, lieber Tesla-Kunde! Sie haben uns bekanntgegeben, dass Sie ab sofort für eine Fahrzeugübernahme bereit wären. Bitte antworten Sie mit JA, sofern diese Daten aktuell sind. Bitte antworten Sie mit NEIN, sofern eine Übernahme erst zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt erfolgen soll. Beachten Sie, dass wir keine fixe Zuteilung eines Fahrzeuges garantieren können. Um die SMS abzubestellen, antworten Sie mit STOP.

Can anyone tell me if they have gotten the same SMS in the past and if so, how was that related to the deliver date? Looking at the shipping thread in the UK forums, currently there are no Tesla ships inbound to Europe.
This usually happens if there is a delivery and someone can’t pay on time, their financing has failed or they cannot pick the car up on the day. So they will find someone else in the queue to give the car to, in this case you. Hope you answered with yea.

As far as I can see VINs are showing only for Norway and part of UK. In the german forum there is no info about them or Austria..
Thanks for the heads up. When I spoke with Tesla Vienna they said I should expect delivery in the middle of September, but honestly I am not sure if dealerships have more info than us. Possibly they have expected number of cars planned for different calendar weeks, and they have all the order list for the dealership, so they can do the math and give some estimate.

Thanks for the heads up. When I spoke with Tesla Vienna they said I should expect delivery in the middle of September, but honestly I am not sure if dealerships have more info than us. Possibly they have expected number of cars planned for different calendar weeks, and they have all the order list for the dealership, so they can do the math and give some estimate.
Well if you follow the shipping thread you'll see they start getting cars from Aug up to the end of Sept.. so, fingers crossed your will be in this quarter. As for numbers - you can check Uverso - they have an office very close to the delivery center in Vienna - only cash payment though :)

6 ships are on the way for Q3 to deliver Tesla cars for the European market. Hope the best that your is on one of that.

Reactions: E_had
I am religiously following the shipping thread, as very soon I will sell my current car and will be car-less. What actually bothers me is that my edd is still quite wide, 16 Sep - 31 Oct, and also falls both in Q3 and Q4.

My order is white/black/19 and I'm wondering if giga berlin won't come into the picture too. As far as I know, they started making white/black cars recently, as well as there were pictures of 19inch cars in their parking lots, so maybe the MYP exclusivity has ended.

I am religiously following the shipping thread, as very soon I will sell my current car and will be car-less. What actually bothers me is that my edd is still quite wide, 16 Sep - 31 Oct, and also falls both in Q3 and Q4.

My order is white/black/19 and I'm wondering if giga berlin won't come into the picture too. As far as I know, they started making white/black cars recently, as well as there were pictures of 19inch cars in their parking lots, so maybe the MYP exclusivity has ended.
Giga Berlin will produce Model Y performance only for a very long time. Wouldn’t expect else from that factory in 2022.