Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CH/DE/AU Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you order a Tesla from Romania, you can wait a lifetime for the car, as the order is not considered "booked" until you make the subsidy arrangements or you declare to Tesla Romania that you will buy the car without the EV subsidy.

A lot of people are waiting for their Teslas, without knowing this catch and there is no info on the Tesla site!
Only the classic "We will contact you when the car arrives".
Wow didn't know that.

Very interesting, thanks @remsta - just curious, how was everything paid off before you got a VIN? For me I did not receive a final invoice yet so would not have been able to pay off everything yet.
I transferred the remaining balance via Bank Transfer. You can call up Tesla, ask them for the final invoice and then you can go ahead and do a bank transfer which then completes the payment step.

I've received VIN and invoice. Order since August 18 2021 - Red/White MY LR.
My order still had the possibility to be edited until the last day, so I was expecting it in Q3.

From what I see on the Whatsapp channel, there are very few with VIN
Glovis Splendor will stop at Koeper to unload the cars for Austria, Hungary, Bulgaria, and Romania.
WhatsApp channel?

I transferred the remaining balance via Bank Transfer. You can call up Tesla, ask them for the final invoice and then you can go ahead and do a bank transfer which then completes the payment step.
Why do you pay in full when it is only required when you have a delivery time and a VIN number? Outside the fact that you want to park your money on Tesla account? :)

Why do you pay in full when it is only required when you have a delivery time and a VIN number? Outside the fact that you want to park your money on Tesla account? :)
The Telsa advisors said that when Tesla assign VIN's and cars they first assign to people who have completed all tasks including payment. i.e. if someone has not finalised their Leasing or Transferred the payment etc.. then they will pick someone else as they want to process the cars as quickly as possible. Another example, if someone wants to change their delivery date, then the car goes to someone who has completed all steps.

Not sure if it is true but would rather that than wait until November

The Telsa advisors said that when Tesla assign VIN's and cars they first assign to people who have completed all tasks including payment. i.e. if someone has not finalised their Leasing or Transferred the payment etc.. then they will pick someone else as they want to process the cars as quickly as possible. Another example, if someone wants to change their delivery date, then the car goes to someone who has completed all steps.

Not sure if it is true but would rather that than wait until November
Ha, just as I was writing this I got an update!

First I saw this email and I thought.. haha well done Tesla - I have already paid and obviously they don't know what is going on
Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 14.39.47.png

Then I refreshed and now its June - that settled. No VIN yet through.

Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 14.41.47.png

I know it is super close, probably that is the reason every day is more and more difficult to wait :)

I got my VIN, and have the Estimated delivery: June 14 - June 28 a few days ago in the system, my trade-in was accepted and just waiting for the next step. Does anyone know how many days before the actual delivery day they change from 2 weeks time frame to something more concrete?