Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge door not opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My charge port opens with my home charger button after the update - 2023.38.9. Just point it near the tail light and click
2023.38.9 not going to fix this issue. It'll come back. Service center update my X to this version try to fix this issue, but issue came back when I pickup my car.

Concern: Customer states: Charge port door does not open when pressing the charger handle
button. Had tried mobile connector, wall connector and supercharger, none of them work.

Repair Notes: Verified customer's concern. Installed latest firmware update and rechecked. Verified charge port door opens when using charge cable handle.
Correction: Diagnosis: Low Voltage Circuit Integrity Check

Latest reply from service center:
Good morning, the charge port issue needs to be investigated further. We will create a follow up. Currently we do not have solution and will follow up once we determine the root cause. We were able to get the button to work after updating the software. Now we understand the issue still remains. Our virtual team will start the review process. Thank you.

My post from another thread on this same issue. Its firmware related. I just updated to 2023.38.9 and the door worked for 1 day before going back to not opening with the charger wand button:

1701781998285.png

Ok, so this happened to me on my Nov made 2023 MXP so searching brought me here. Both my mobile and Tesla wall charger won’t open the X’s charge port no matter how i position them or how I press the charge wand button. My model Y works fine so the charge wands are ok. I’m on 2023.38.9 and this is the 2nd firmware pushed right after purchase and the charge port never worked regardless of firmware. What the heck is going on, how can such a simple issue be so wide spread?

I have service next Tue so will verbally raise it. The app is not allowing to add additional issues to an existing service without that forcing a reschedule. Such a customer friendly feature indeed

Ok, so this happened to me on my Nov made 2023 MXP so searching brought me here. Both my mobile and Tesla wall charger won’t open the X’s charge port no matter how i position them or how I press the charge wand button. My model Y works fine so the charge wands are ok. I’m on 2023.38.9 and this is the 2nd firmware pushed right after purchase and the charge port never worked regardless of firmware. What the heck is going on, how can such a simple issue be so wide spread?

I have service next Tue so will verbally raise it. The app is not allowing to add additional issues to an existing service without that forcing a reschedule. Such a customer friendly feature indeed
Send message for any additional issues to service center SA under Tesla App Upcoming appointment --> Messages. Service advisor can add them for you without reschedule.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Stopped working again after working for 1 day post software upgrade. Car’s in service for some other delivery issues and added to the list. Will see what comes out of it.
Did you get a loaner vehicle? I have 4-5 things to get looked at (1st appt) after taking delivery and they told me they will let me know when I bring it in if they will keep the vehicle etc to fix the problems. I know it will take at least 1-2 days to get it fixed. Problem is I live 90 mins away so it’s kind of a pain not knowing and will have to make my wife drive separately in case they don’t give me a car. Really frustrating since I never had an issue getting a loaner vehicle when my MYP was in service in the past. I asked two times if they would just give me a car and if it’s fixed the same day I will bring it back the same day.

Did you get a loaner vehicle? I have 4-5 things to get looked at (1st appt) after taking delivery and they told me they will let me know when I bring it in if they will keep the vehicle etc to fix the problems. I know it will take at least 1-2 days to get it fixed. Problem is I live 90 mins away so it’s kind of a pain not knowing and will have to make my wife drive separately in case they don’t give me a car. Really frustrating since I never had an issue getting a loaner vehicle when my MYP was in service in the past. I asked two times if they would just give me a car and if it’s fixed the same day I will bring it back the same day.
The service center is only 4 miles from me, so I opted out from a loaner. But you should ask for one. They used to give Uber credits as alternative till last year but some narrow minded beancounter axed that. Don’t take no as an answer.

The service center is only 4 miles from me, so I opted out from a loaner. But you should ask for one. They used to give Uber credits as alternative till last year but some narrow minded beancounter axed that. Don’t take no as an answer.
Yeah I wish I was closer. Both service centers are 90 minutes away and they must have loaners if he said they would determine on site. Seems silly. I will have my kids with me so I’ll try and get a car before my wife arrives.