Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge door not opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same, SC don't work either. Like I said was told the module needs rebooted every now and then which happens only after a SW update. Said "fix" coming but that was about 6 mo ago.
I can confirm it's a hardware issue not a software one. Here is the bad part:

1758309-10-A

Bluetooth Low Energy 315MHz UHF receiver

s-l1600.jpg

Hi All,

Mine rarely worked until Software 2023.7.30
Then it worked well for a long time.
It failed yesterday.
I used the Service Menu to reinstall software 2023.7.30
Now it works again...
????

Shawn
That seems to be how it goes, software upset resets the module which works until it doesn't. But that isn't a long term fix and sounds like there is a part that should be replaced.

Hi All,

I FOUND THE ANSWER...!!!

It was the dreaded "Customer Education."
They have relocated the antenna for the charge port.
In my 2018 Model X the antenna was roughly 13 inches ABOVE the charge port.
I think it was actually in the liftgate.

For my 2022 Model X the charge port antenna is 8 inches BELOW the charge port door
and 8 inches forward of the front of the charge port door.
So, it is roughly 9 inches diagonal (or southwest) of the front of the charge port door.

I have been aiming the "wand" at this area about 1 inch from the car body.
I have a 100% success rate with the wand at this location!!!

Finally!!!

Shawn

Reactions: hiroshiy
Hi All,

I FOUND THE ANSWER...!!!

It was the dreaded "Customer Education."
They have relocated the antenna for the charge port.
In my 2018 Model X the antenna was roughly 13 inches ABOVE the charge port.
I think it was actually in the liftgate.

For my 2022 Model X the charge port antenna is 8 inches BELOW the charge port door
and 8 inches forward of the front of the charge port door.
So, it is roughly 9 inches diagonal (or southwest) of the front of the charge port door.

I have been aiming the "wand" at this area about 1 inch from the car body.
I have a 100% success rate with the wand at this location!!!

Finally!!!

Shawn
Why would it work for a while then not work unless in the "right spot" though? Seems the receiver or something isn't using the power it should to keep a strong signal.

Why would it work for a while then not work unless in the "right spot" though? Seems the receiver or something isn't using the power it should to keep a strong signal.
Is your car locked? It is not supposed to work when it is locked. Sometimes it is a timing thing, door won't open for a few seconds, I have no idea why, CPU in the car overbooked? beats me.

Recently (through the past few updates) mine has not failed, in fact it receives well enough that the wand from my second wall connector operates it, and it is roughly twenty feet away (my X is generally unlocked in my garage). But there were several software revs last year where it did not work at all, or worked for a while and stopped. I had to press on the door to open it. Currently I am on 2023.27.6, which has been very solid.

I just tried it all over the side of the car and no go for me.
It's been to the service center 3 times for this issue. They 've replaced the charge door, the whole assembly and then the computer.
The last time they gave up and said wait for a software update.

It always worked after an update then would stop after several days.
Then an update several months ago fixed it. Worked great for months.
2 or 3 updates later it still worked.

Then 3 days ago I got update 2023.32.7 and it stopped working.
I just tried ShawnA solution that worked for him and nope, doesn't work for me.

Is your car locked? It is not supposed to work when it is locked. Sometimes it is a timing thing, door won't open for a few seconds, I have no idea why, CPU in the car overbooked? beats me.

Recently (through the past few updates) mine has not failed, in fact it receives well enough that the wand from my second wall connector operates it, and it is roughly twenty feet away (my X is generally unlocked in my garage). But there were several software revs last year where it did not work at all, or worked for a while and stopped. I had to press on the door to open it. Currently I am on 2023.27.6, which has been very solid.
No set to not lock at home as it's always in my locked garage. Definitely not a timing thing very consistent about 2-3 weeks after an update stops working. They have looked at it 2x for this issue said it's a SW update needed but that was literally a year ago.

I have this issue from time to time. Wheel swap reboot brings it back. It's definitely software. A few months after I bought the car it happened and I took it in for service. They did some diagnostics, rebooted the car, and it started working. So now I just reboot when it happens. More fantastic Tesla Software QA.