Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge place scotland since takeover - all fine?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to close this off, finally got some time to test everything. Plugged in at an Edinburgh CPC location that charges, old CPC RFID card has kicked off a session, despite the new system not knowing about my bank or RFID card.

So I'm happy it's working, but sounds like it's pretty hit or miss for others.

Now off to unplug as this is costing me a fortune (relatively) and not charging all that fast any way (again, relatively at 30kw).

We have 2 CPScotand cards/accounts…one I’ve had for 5 years when the chargers were branded Charge Your Car, the other when we got the Tesla last year. The first one I’ve not been asked to transfer my account (thanks for the reminder) but card still worked last I checked earlier in the month. The newer one was promoted to change password to access the new website and app. Not had any issues with that card either - last used yesterday- since new operator took over plus the new phone app works fine for starting and stopping charging incase I find the older card on the other account (which is in my i3) decides to not work anymore. So if you have access to the new website you’ll be fine, if not then you should be fine but might want to create a new account so have app access as a plan B…you no longer have to get a card (£10 if want one) so free to set up account if using app only.
Just to update on the above. The older card I have is no longer working, not yet tested the newer one— thankfully was able to charge using the app with the newer account. Turns out CPS have recently tweeted about some cards no longer being active but no email notification nor website update which is pretty poor given not everyone uses Twitter.

We have had a Leaf for a few years and I ordered a second card for my Tesla , Been charging OK since January , then when I needed it most the app and card stopped working. It seems ordering the second card broke something and they had not been taking Direct Debits , they would not enable it until I paid my outstanding £24 (Not possible form my bank app) , luckily I found some other charge points and then got to Aviemore for a SC

I have charged up at CPS chargers more than 1500 times over the last 4.5 years/115k miles and the reliability of the system has got substantially worse since the change of ownership but this may be partly due to a lot of the chargers getting old and far more people using them.

Reactions: ArunG
Tried charging tonight at the chargers in balmaha. Couldn't start with the app. Phoned them and they started for me but the tesla still didn't like it. Just kept saying no power and disabling the cable..gave up, will try at Balloch tomorrow.

Tried charging tonight at the chargers in balmaha. Couldn't start with the app. Phoned them and they started for me but the tesla still didn't like it. Just kept saying no power and disabling the cable..gave up, will try at Balloch tomorrow.
If this is a CCS charger then one thing to try is to holdthe charger plug up while the car and charger are negotiating the connection. A CPS agent told me sometimes the plugs can be a bit loose in Tesla charge ports when I was trying to get a charge at Hampden. Worked a treat when I lifted it up. IIRC the communication pins are at the top of the plug and on some well worn plugs they can sometimes not make a good connection. Once the charge has started it's less of an issue.

• Informative
Reactions: NewbieT and Brian G
So tried Loch lomond shores as well with no luck. I just don't think the MY likes the old e volt chargers.
Did manage to get a charge at the Balloch car park which is an old tethered evolt but I did have to phone to get them to initiate the charge as it isn't compatible with the app apparently. Also the ccs was broken so was the AC I used but was a 22kw I think as it was pushing in about 45m/h.

These blue/white CCS/CHADEMO/AC "rapid" chargers they have are a PITA - they will randomly work no problem, then the exact same charger on a different day will refuse to start the charge; I gave up reporting issues with them after getting a wonderful response from CPS basically saying "some cars have problems with their implementation of the CCS standard which causes charging issues with these chargers" - I snarkily replied that if the most popular car models all have problems with the "Standard" then it isn't the cars (it's not just Tesla theres a bunch of brands who's owners have issues with them), it's whoever wrote the crap software for the chargers - never heard back from them.

I gave up reporting issues with them after getting a wonderful response from CPS
I had a big issue with one of the chargers in Dundee - the only rapid which is near to the museums is CHAdeMO, not CCS. The app shows CCS, and still does! Plenty of 22/7kws in the same carpark, and I'd have stopped at the SC on the way in to the city if the info had been correct.

Timely email:

Quite phenomenal growth in weekly charging sessions too. From 22505 at the start of the year to 38414 in July.
Lots of weird numbers in that report. On average every member makes over 2 phone calls to CPS, but only 2% need a fault raised despite 4% network downtime.

4% is a huge figure for network downtime, people normally work in terms of how many 9s on uptime (99.99 etc). Over the three months they state it will have been down for nearly 4 days.