Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge-Up NJ rebate program Phase 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery on Monday. The Charge Up NJ rebate was factored in to the final price. Now I'm waiting (like so many others) for the rebate program for the wall charger... For now I'm using the mobile charger with a 240 Nema outlet. Wishing everyone out there a fantastic delivery experience and good luck with your new Teslas. Enjoy!

Can someone share customer service email I can contact? I might be getting totally screwed. I placed order on 7/6 right after midnight at 12:16 AM thinking that it was the first day of the program and I wanted to get on the list. I noticed that my order did not include $2000 rebate but I figured that's ok should be sorted out later. Then I later checked the order email, on the actual attachment order form, the order date was listed as 7/5! Apparently Tesla used PST in their order. I did not receive any sign up email for rebate or seeing anything related to $2000 credit on the order. I think I'm totally out of luck here. Anyone in the same boat? Or knows someone I can reach out? Super bummed about this.

If we take delivery after Oct 15th is this form essentially meaningless? If so, I’m wondering if it would make sense to delay any Oct 16th (or later) delivery until hearing about the results of the Federal reconciliation process
From everything I've seen the October 15th deadline is the last day to submit paperwork for this round. Otherwise, the dollars are reserved irrespective of when the delivery happens.

Did anyone who sees the NJ charge up incentive on their account page NOT get the email to sign the document for it? Mine shows up in the account but I've received no email or communication from Tesla. I tried calling my SA in Springfield but I keep getting kicked to a call center hub somewhere else.

Yes, there are cheaper solutions, but you get what you pay for. After spending so much on a car why cheap out on an inferior solution? The one you linked to stresses the grill, blocks airflow, and has no theft protection. Quick bandit solves all of that.
That is true. I didn’t realize there was that much of a difference. I’ll be checking out better options. Thanks

Reactions: cgell
Yes, there are cheaper solutions, but you get what you pay for. After spending so much on a car why cheap out on an inferior solution? The one you linked to stresses the grill, blocks airflow, and has no theft protection. Quick bandit solves all of that.
LOL. Takes 2 seconds to steal your plate + $139 "Quick" bandit (thanks!). The cheap solution doesn't stress the grill anymore than the Quick bandit either. Air flow? Okay, maybe a slight reduction in airflow. But airflow, for what and does it really matter?

LOL. Takes 2 seconds to steal your plate + $139 "Quick" bandit (thanks!). The cheap solution doesn't stress the grill anymore than the Quick bandit either. Air flow? Okay, maybe a slight reduction in airflow. But airflow, for what and does it really matter?
One has a clamp and security screw. The other is made of cheap generic screws. One pulls on the thin parts of the grille. The other clamps to the thicker support areas. One blocks airflow. The other does not. Yes, airflow matters a lot. If $139 is a big deal then go ahead and cheap out, but it seems silly when you just bought a car for 55k.

Just got another email from Tesla about the rebates:
In order to begin the application process, you will receive a separate email to complete the Charge Up program Terms and Conditions Form via Adobe Sign. A clear image of your valid New Jersey driver's license must also be uploaded to your Tesla account, please take a moment to review program guidelines at https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/eligibility-guidelines.
I see nowhere to upload this on the Tesla account.
Guess, I'm sorta screwed.