Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good news! What are you doing in terms of financing? I used a local credit union which was great, and super fast. They have some restrictions/requirements (net paycheck needs to be direct deposited into the credit union account), but will do 1.99% for up to 84 months with no prepayment penalty.
I was going to check Tesla’s , and local financing. Don’t I need paperwork from Raleigh to be executed ? I doubt I’ll be able to get this all done in 48 business hours.

I am transferring a tag do , they give you a temporary tag .
Insurance , I need a vin or do you just do on the spot lol

I asked Them to please have an ISA contact me ... I have no payment portal & nothing else yet but the text - I will head to Charlotte to check ion the car later

I was going to check Tesla’s , and local financing. Don’t I need paperwork from Raleigh to be executed ? I doubt I’ll be able to get this all done in 48 business hours.

I am transferring a tag do , they give you a temporary tag .
Insurance , I need a vin or do you just do on the spot lol

I asked Them to please have an ISA contact me ... I have no payment portal & nothing else yet but the text - I will head to Charlotte to check ion the car later

Few things:
1. Figure out your financing ASAP. Tesla will likely be more than what you can find elsewhere, particularly with a credit union.
2. You should hear from someone in Vegas asking you to confirm payment method and if there is a trade in. Once that is confirmed and they have your details (financing details for instance), they can update the account and draw up the MVPA which shows all of the finance info.
3. They will have you make any down payment via the online portal, and will send you an MVPA electronically to sign.
4. They will e-mail you final paperwork, which includes MVPA, Power of Attorney form, SC DMV Title Application, Odometer disclosure statement, damage disclosure statement, certificate of title, plate registration/transfer, trade in (if applicable)
5. These forms will need to be completed by who ever will be on the title (me and my wife in my case), and there are certain forms that need to be notarized (so we both needed to be at the same place at the same time infront of the notary).
6. All of these documents are then fedex'd to Raleigh overnight
7. Final payment from your lender will also need to be ACH'd or fedexed overnight to Raleigh (can be together or separate from item 6 above).
8. Once Raleigh receives and confirms there are no errors, delivery can proceed.

They will give you a temporary tag. You should be able to call the Charlotte SC and ask them for your VIN. Tell them you need it for insurance and the financing company will need it too.

Few things:
1. Figure out your financing ASAP. Tesla will likely be more than what you can find elsewhere, particularly with a credit union.
2. You should hear from someone in Vegas asking you to confirm payment method and if there is a trade in. Once that is confirmed and they have your details (financing details for instance), they can update the account and draw up the MVPA which shows all of the finance info.
3. They will have you make any down payment via the online portal, and will send you an MVPA electronically to sign.
4. They will e-mail you final paperwork, which includes MVPA, Power of Attorney form, SC DMV Title Application, Odometer disclosure statement, damage disclosure statement, certificate of title, plate registration/transfer, trade in (if applicable)
5. These forms will need to be completed by who ever will be on the title (me and my wife in my case), and there are certain forms that need to be notarized (so we both needed to be at the same place at the same time infront of the notary).
6. All of these documents are then fedex'd to Raleigh overnight
7. Final payment from your lender will also need to be ACH'd or fedexed overnight to Raleigh (can be together or separate from item 6 above).
8. Once Raleigh receives and confirms there are no errors, delivery can proceed.

They will give you a temporary tag. You should be able to call the Charlotte SC and ask them for your VIN. Tell them you need it for insurance and the financing company will need it too.
Thank you Randy. Excellent help.

1) I have no trades but I recently sold two of our cars , and the loans haven't updated as paid closed on our credit yet ?
2) that’s a great rate ...how fast did the CU issue a check ?

Thank you Randy. Excellent help.

1) I have no trades but I recently sold two of our cars , and the loans haven't updated as paid closed on our credit yet ?
2) that’s a great rate ...how fast did the CU issue a check ?

The loans for the sold cars might impact your credit, but otherwise shouldn't come into play with Tesla (the credit union I used gives 1.99 for a credit score of 870 or above provided your net paycheck from your employer is direct deposited). Regarding the credit union, it took a few days to open the account (would have been quicker if I could go to the credit union physically to do it rather than doing it via mail). The actual loan application was done in a day. My best guess is, if you had all of the documents needed to actually get a check cut for the loan, you could do the credit union application, and loan document in one day, and have a check cut the following day (if you are able to physically go to the credit union).

Reactions: Sg911
The loans for the sold cars might impact your credit, but otherwise shouldn't come into play with Tesla (the credit union I used gives 1.99 for a credit score of 870 or above provided your net paycheck from your employer is direct deposited). Regarding the credit union, it took a few days to open the account (would have been quicker if I could go to the credit union physically to do it rather than doing it via mail). The actual loan application was done in a day. My best guess is, if you had all of the documents needed to actually get a check cut for the loan, you could do the credit union application, and loan document in one day, and have a check cut the following day (if you are able to physically go to the credit union).
Ok thx. It looks like logistically I won’t be able to execute all this by Friday. My wife is co-signing , and leaving on Friday мσяиιиg for 6 days to her parents in NYC for their 60тн αииινєяѕαяу ραяту тнιѕ ωєєкєи∂! That was planned long ago...so this timing isn’t flowing and I’ll have to push it to next availability , and start getting all the ducks in a receptive row:oops:

Ok thx. It looks like logistically I won’t be able to execute all this by Friday. My wife is co-signing , and leaving on Friday мσяиιиg for 6 days to her parents in NYC for their 60тн αииινєяѕαяу ραяту тнιѕ ωєєкєи∂! That was planned long ago...so this timing isn’t flowing and I’ll have to push it to next availability , and start getting all the ducks in a receptive row:oops:
It would be nice to have the car during the six days your wife is travelling so you have something to play with.

Get your financing done ASAP as Tesla will need these details to push paperwork to you.

• Funny
It would be nice to have the car during the six days your wife is travelling so you have something to play with.

Get your financing done ASAP as Tesla will need these details to push paperwork to you.
True but she says she doesn’t want to drive it anyway lol- she has her Jeep GC

I am stuck at Safelite In Rock hill for next 2 1/2 hours as the windshield repair on our Genesis didn’t hold and the windshield developed a big crack - o lord

Paid in full last week, first delivery canceled due to transport delays. New delivery scheduled for tomorrow, when I asked if this was happening I get no response... website still says delivery center appointment despite being told repeatedly that home delivery is the only option.....

This is getting annoying.....

• Informative
I paid in full last week and my previously responsive ISA has ignored me ever since (was told my VIN was in Charlotte and delivery would be this week as long as I paid in full). The cynic in me is starting to wonder if there is an employee kick-back for any payments received before the end of September.

• Informative
I paid in full last week and my previously responsive ISA has ignored me ever since (was told my VIN was in Charlotte and delivery would be this week as long as I paid in full). The cynic in me is starting to wonder if there is an employee kick-back for any payments received before the end of September.

I also paid in full last week in order to receive a home delivery (I was told this is the only way in NC now) and the ISA has ghosted me ever since. I think cynicism is warranted.

• Informative
End of the quarter bonuses - sounds highly plausible with Elon so bent on changing Tesla financial perceptions

Paid in full last week, first delivery canceled due to transport delays. New delivery scheduled for tomorrow, when I asked if this was happening I get no response... website still says delivery center appointment despite being told repeatedly that home delivery is the only option.....

This is getting annoying.....
My delivery was at the service center in Charlotte even though they were doing home delivery.

I received the text today as well. After replying, I got a response about 3 hours later stating they will contact me shortly with a firm date from the logistics team.
I was just at Tesla’s Charlotte SC. Basically they said that text message was a mass message , and to disregard!! They had a ton ton of deliveries scheduled already - once a vin or delivery advisor contacts you it’s the REAL DEAL!

Sadly, My car hasn’t arrived yet !! Plenty of black but no Performance models

Status
Not open for further replies.