Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Bolt - 200 mile range for $30k base price (after incentive)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To put the article in context...
I don't see any evidence that GM is making a few hundred Bolt EVs now and will then stop or slow down production until spring or anything like that. I think they are just setting expectations around the fact that the factory will be busy filling orders from initial rollout states and it will be awhile before they are able to fill orders from all nationwide dealers reasonably along with Europe, Canada, and South Korea.
Opel Norway has confirmed that the first Ampera-e custom cars here in Norway will get delivered around June-July next year.
.... but they are probably already "outsold" on everything they can deliver/are allocated out 2017... (The dealers are taking some kind of pre-orders)

It will be shown in Oslo next week.

Here's a neat Google overlay map someone put together that shows DC charger locations in California being funded by the California Energy Commission. Some of these stations may already exist but most of them will be installed over the next couple of years.

This map does not include 50 chargers being installed by March, 2017 between Monterey and Lake Tahoe under another collaboration.

CEC DC Fast Charge Sites

IMG_1573.jpg

Here's a neat Google overlay map someone put together that shows DC charger locations in California being funded by the California Energy Commission. Some of these stations may already exist but most of them will be installed over the next couple of years.

This map does not include 50 chargers being installed by March, 2017 between Monterey and Lake Tahoe under another collaboration.

CEC DC Fast Charge Sites
And a map of the DC fast charge stations available to people not in California:
.... nevermind, there aren't enough to bother mapping.

Many Model 3 reservation holders are in for a similar surprise. Especially those wanting a "$35k" 3.

Sometimes the best way to get out of a deep hole is to stop digging, or at least stop making bad predictions based on GM propaganda. YMMV... ;)

Once GM dots the i's and crosses the t's and works out the kinks with the production process, they will begin taking orders in the other 48 states and ramp up production.

Back on topic, what was interesting about the AmperaE video was that the NAV was functioning. It knew the speed limits. However, GM does not list NAV as standard or optional equipment for the Bolt. Nor is there any reference to the social networking app tied into it.

Best guess is the infotainment stack software is late. This was also true in 2016, when the Volt was sold without Android Auto, and you had to go back and get a reflash to add it. The 2016 was only sold in a few states, and it was a very short run, like 7 months?

I think they are going to push a perfectly good driving car out the door before finishing the info stack software.