Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Bolt - 200 mile range for $30k base price (after incentive)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite my indifference to the seats, I think a seat tweak and standard DCFC should be 2 changes made to the 2018 version. ACC wouldn't be bad either.

Someone in Hawaii might not want to pay for the DCFC. But it seems like anywhere else in the U.S. should have it by default - with a "DCFC delete" option available for special cases when it won't be needed.

The GM part number for the seat cushion in LT vs Premier is identical. The only part number differences are the covers themselves due to color. Stripped LTs wouldn't have the seat heater elements either.

When I test drove a Bolt EV, I did notice the narrower seat width. But it wasn't uncomfortable. It is pretty typical of GM to build a car that is 95% great, then cheap out on the last 5% though. I recall a Japanese auto exec making similar statements decades ago - as they were grabbing a huge chunk of the U.S. auto market from GM/Ford/Chrysler...

Article about autocrossing a Bolt EV: Can a Chevrolet Bolt EV Electrify on Track? We Autocross One to Find Out - HybridCars.com

From personal autocrossing experience (see my blog about that), the stock tires suuuuuuuuuuck (driver wasn't much better though). I'd be interested to go back with some performance tires on the Bolt and see what I could do.

Yes, the factory tires are not intended for max effort cornering. If I were going to run a Bolt for fun, I'd find 2016-18 Volt take-offs or similar, then put summer performance street tires on it. On the Volts, you must disable the TC/SC to get the best lap times. It makes a big difference.

Fred from Electrek was also there:
The car is so solid on its wheels that you have no fear to push it hard on turns and slalom....
Overall, it was a great experience and an interesting way to get familiarize with the Bolt EV. Count me in as a fan of the driving experience.
Chevy Bolt EV surprises against VW Golf GTI at autocross event

Sidebar, GM Hurricane Programs -

"GM Financial is helping out by arranging special deferred payments and by waiving certain associated fees. If you are replacing a car, there's an option to qualify for a 90-day deferral on the first payment. GM is also waiving all charges for owners of vehicles equipped with OnStar for the immediate future, which will give free access to emergency services and Wi-Fi to 1 million customers in Texas and Louisiana."

This will also apply to Florida and other areas affected by Irma.

Depends on the lease rates. If they can keep the price in the low 200s/mo for a base one that'll offer a compelling savings over the Chevy.

$159/m at our local Chevy dealer on a 2017 Bolt.

However, the interesting news is something I pondered about >10 months ago. The 2017 Bolt seemed to be a premature release.

Now, a leading GM Blog is perhaps agreeing with me. Dealers still cannot order a 2018 Bolt yet. They CAN order all other GM 2018 models though, including the Volt.

What’s In Store For The 2018 Chevy Bolt EV?

Did GM leave something unfinished on the 2017 rapid release? Stay tuned.

Also, now Bolts are shipping to all 50 states apparently, on schedule.

These folk have always honored their advertised pricing with no games for us. They have 5 Bolts @ $159/m + tax, 36m x 10k mi, $3,420 due at signing includes taxes, fees, and first payment. So drop it to ~$3200 spread over the 36m is actually $260/m out of pocket for 36m.

New Chevrolet Dealer | Rydell Chevrolet

Doing the math another way. $3420 + 35m x 159*1.08tax = $9430 total of payments. Roughly $0.31 per mile.

• Informative
Reactions: twonius
These folk have always honored their advertised pricing with no games for us. They have 5 Bolts @ $159/m + tax, 36m x 10k mi, $3,420 due at signing includes taxes, fees, and first payment. So drop it to ~$3200 spread over the 36m is actually $260/m out of pocket for 36m.

New Chevrolet Dealer | Rydell Chevrolet

Doing the math another way. $3420 + 35m x 159*1.08tax = $9430 total of payments. Roughly $0.31 per mile.

Just to add to this for those who aren't familiar. Rydell is well known to Volt owners. They have no-haggle pricing with significant discounts from MSRP and don't pile on the dealer moneymakers.

Interesting article. Though it doesn’t appear to be a regular car with all that extra gear on top. Looking forward to reading about folks time behind the wheel (so to speak) in the near future.

This may be the most important line from the article:

So, today, we’re unveiling the world’s first mass-producible car designed to operate without a driver. This isn’t just a concept design — it has airbags, crumple zones, and comfortable seats.