Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

China Market situation and outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla China announced mobile charging station for Chinese market:

ÌØ˹À­ÎªÖйúÐÂÀϳµÖ÷±êÅä¡°Òƶ¯³äµçÕ¾¡±_Æû³µ_ÌÚѶÍø

[Abstract] To implement the "rapid response to market needs, enhance the user experience and provide more services to the Chinese localization owners", Tesla announced that for the old and new owners to provide free Chinese new universal mobile charger, car owners to further enhance the Model S charge and travel convenience.

Further enhance the Model S owners charge and travel convenience, March 11, Tesla Motors (Tesla) announced that for the old and new owners to provide free Chinese new universal mobile charger. This is the 2015 onwards, following the standard being implemented for the Chinese car owners a free home charging piles and installation services, start the "replacement" business in South China, a comprehensive upgrade service and other initiatives, Tesla China to implement "quick response market demand and improve the user experience and provide more services to Chinese owners localization "2015 China strategy cite another force.

Future, become the standard of "home charging pile" and "Universal Mobile Charger", along with "destination charge pile" and free of charge "super charging station," is designed for the Chinese custom Tesla comprehensive charging solution to help Chinese car owners realize the charge "anytime, anywhere" and "charging worry."

Tesla owners of old and new standard for Chinese "mobile charging station"

Tesla

It is understood that Tesla universal mobile charger without having to install, compact, easy to carry, is a flexible emergency charging. It is equipped with a red adapter and a home adapter, Model S owners can easily take advantage of the industrial or household outlet for charging socket: where industrial socket is widely used in offices, shopping malls and hotels; universal mobile charger Tesla standard 220V household charging socket on the phone is charging exactly the same way. Tesla old and new owners can experience the center or call your local 24-hour service hotline at 400-910-0707 to find out about and advice. There is a demand for the old Tesla owners can send mail to [email protected], while providing chassis number, telephone number, delivery address proof along with the owner, in order to follow up the staff. Taking into account the customs declaration process and logistics and other factors, is expected this part of the old owners of the universal mobile charger in to the shop this summer.

Thus, in response to widespread Chinese owners "charge anxiety" Tesla has been provided for Chinese owners' home charging to the main pile, super charging piles and piles destination charge, giving the universal mobile charger emergency use " The most complete charging solutions to help Chinese car owners realize the charge "anytime, anywhere" and "charge" experience: Tesla is now home charging installation services to help more than 90% of the Model S owners realized every day at home charging and power. " full grid out "; super charging pile is the world's fastest charging equipment; destination charge is in addition to home charging pile pile, the most widely distributed of a charging mode, are found in shopping malls across the country, office buildings, Hotels, Banking Department, Unicom, cafes, restaurants and even washing line and other places; Tesla universal mobile charger is a good helper for emergency charging.

Tesla owners of old and new standard for Chinese "mobile charging station"

Tesla

Tesla Xiaotong Zhu, general manager of China, said: "Tesla's full range of charging solutions combine industry-leading long Model S Mileage (see feature, pictures, inquiry), can completely dispel widespread Chinese consumers charging and range anxiety. Tesla owners are a group of the most beautiful people, is our most prized possession and wealth for the convenience provided by the old and new owners, is our commitment to honor the Chinese owners, but also implement the 2015 Tesla .2015 part of China's strategic efforts, Tesla will uphold its commitment to the Chinese market in China to introduce more new initiatives, continue to promote the establishment and development of China's new energy automotive industry and the ecosystem. We are confident in the Chinese market and will remain, Tesla owners continue to work for the Chinese transportation towards sustainable development and environmental protection efforts. "

Furthermore, on the basis of more than 90% of home and mobile charging charge coverage ratio of above 100%, Tesla still in China continue to fully carry out the construction of the charging infrastructure. Entered China in less than a year, Tesla has installed more than 200 super-charging piles and more than 1000 destinations in the country charging pile, more than 80 cities throughout China (see feature, pictures, inquiry) and regional complete coverage from a variety of public areas, business centers, office buildings to residential communities. Tesla is actively act to accelerate the popularity of electric vehicles in China, and promote the sustainable development of China's traffic. Returns Tencent Home >>
Text has ended, you can press alt + 4 comments

Tesla China has a Record Unsold Inventory of 2301 cars | CarNewsChina.com - China Auto News

Anybody know how true this is? I just have a hard time believing it due to the whole timing of customs vs registrations

That number is not believable, simply due to the amount of revenue posted by Tesla in their SEC filings. I'm guessing between 4,100 and 4,400 vehicle *must* have been delivered in China in 2014.

Can someone please verify that the Chinese prices posted are including taxes and therefore the actual revenue number per vehicle is far lower? Does anyone have the right calculation for taxes?

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust the number, but it states a fact that a large batch of inventory cars sitting in China with discouted price now. Not going to give more specific evidence, but easily to feel and sense from chinese tesla forum. It's mainly due to the order cancellation from either scalpers or customers switching to D models in Q4. Good or bad? The bad thing is in Q1, Tesla won't see many net new orders from China because many demands will be used to digest inventory cars at first, so China "demand" issue will stay there for a while. Good thing is those inventory cars will be counted as "surprise" delivery to Q1 ER, I believe sort of similar situation could happen for NA and EU. It's hard for TM to make guidance in shareholder letter for those inventory cars because they have no orders backed on them, so they become a wildcard for Q1 ER and I bet it's a good card.

Tesla China has a Record Unsold Inventory of 2301 cars | CarNewsChina.com - China Auto News

Anybody know how true this is? I just have a hard time believing it due to the whole timing of customs vs registrations

Im very bearish on Tesla in China but the number doesnt make any sense, look at imported cars and recognized revenues, i think its 1000 cars at most, maybe they include cars sold to resellers that they in turn cant sell to end consumer, but there is no way 2000 cars are sitting in China. Assume Tesla sold sold. ca 3600-4000 in China in 2014, and ca. 5000 were imported (there is a gap between import and buyer receiving car so 100-200 were on the way to buyer).
On the other hand i would guess that more then 2/3 cancelled cars were from scalpers not customers switched to D, scalpers ordered second batch before receiving first ones expecting sell them in no time, as sales didnt go as expected they didnt pick up second wave

Tesla can do well in China particularly if there is a Model 3 soon. Knowing China well, this article rings true to me. Having the lasest vehicle is critical to those buying it right now. Once the D was announced I guarantee 80% of orders would have been canceled for it. It's all about how good you look in the latest car...

I am also sure that Tesla has as much to learn about doing business with Chinese consumers as Chinese consumers have to learn about business that have principles beyond money.

D model cannibalizing standard model in Q4, and I believe similar thing might happen in Q3 when model X come out. China market is particularly appealing to SUV, and so does NA at least (not sure EU). I think one of the reasons not to reveal model X before delivery is to avoid the situation post D model reveal.

Im very bearish on Tesla in China but the number doesnt make any sense, look at imported cars and recognized revenues, i think its 1000 cars at most, maybe they include cars sold to resellers that they in turn cant sell to end consumer, but there is no way 2000 cars are sitting in China. Assume Tesla sold sold. ca 3600-4000 in China in 2014, and ca. 5000 were imported (there is a gap between import and buyer receiving car so 100-200 were on the way to buyer).
On the other hand i would guess that more then 2/3 cancelled cars were from scalpers not customers switched to D, scalpers ordered second batch before receiving first ones expecting sell them in no time, as sales didnt go as expected they didnt pick up second wave

Just to further chime in on the 2k number being totally unbelievable consider the deliveries vs production numbers at the end of Q4. Tesla stated year end deliveries of 31,655 with total production being 35k. That leaves 3,345 in "inventory" at the end of the year. Subtract out the 1,400 that couldn't make it in time and that leaves 1,945. There is what? 200 total stores/service centers around the globe now? And lets just take a WAG and assume that the average across the board is 4 cars (more like 2 per store, but the SCs have like 10-20 cars for loaners... so I think 4 is a fair low-ish number). That's another 800 cars for the purpose of loaner/demo/test. So the number is now down to 1,145 "stranded" cars *somewhere* around the globe. And that is pretty much at a worst case scenerio. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of fleet cars is much higher, but you can see it is *very* easy to shoot holes all through the 2k theory.

edit: The 1,145 "stranded" even if remotely true would include the entire globe... at any given time there is bound to be cars that were built and canceled at the last minute at more places than just China... so I am not even inclined to think that the number of "stranded" cars in China is even at 1k... But, either way, as I said, 2k is just silly.

Just to further chime in on the 2k number being totally unbelievable consider the deliveries vs production numbers at the end of Q4. Tesla stated year end deliveries of 31,655 with total production being 35k. That leaves 3,345 in "inventory" at the end of the year. Subtract out the 1,400 that couldn't make it in time and that leaves 1,945. There is what? 200 total stores/service centers around the globe now? And lets just take a WAG and assume that the average across the board is 4 cars (more like 2 per store, but the SCs have like 10-20 cars for loaners... so I think 4 is a fair low-ish number). That's another 800 cars for the purpose of loaner/demo/test. So the number is now down to 1,145 "stranded" cars *somewhere* around the globe. And that is pretty much at a worst case scenerio. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of fleet cars is much higher, but you can see it is *very* easy to shoot holes all through the 2k theory.

edit: The 1,145 "stranded" even if remotely true would include the entire globe... at any given time there is bound to be cars that were built and canceled at the last minute at more places than just China... so I am not even inclined to think that the number of "stranded" cars in China is even at 1k... But, either way, as I said, 2k is just silly.

+1

and what about cars in the "pipeline" en-route to delivery?

tesla 23.jpg

Just a photo I wanted to share.

D model cannibalizing standard model in Q4, and I believe similar thing might happen in Q3 when model X come out. China market is particularly appealing to SUV, and so does NA at least (not sure EU). I think one of the reasons not to reveal model X before delivery is to avoid the situation post D model reveal.

maoing, do you see improvements in the awareness of Tesla now that the D is out? Is it mentioned in the media?

Thanks