Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clarkson Model X Test Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This review was viewed somewhat negatively by our US forum friends, but I though it was pretty positive. Yes there was the usual tiresome schoolboy humour that Clarkson has been trotting out for years, but I think it he was generally blown away by the Model X

Edited to add .. the one thing that did bother me was the conversation at the end about the fire hazard of lithium batteries in an accident. How about the fire hazard of towing around 100Litres of flammable petrol..?

Last edited:
I guess we all need to keep in mind Clarkson is a comedian first, car reviewer a distance second (or maybe moron second?)....

-ECIT
Like i teach my kids: no-one is all-good or all-bad. I find Clarkson on tele very entertaining- his gift for hyperbolic metaphor is fabulous. Top Gear was great fun for a long time.
Sadly, he also seems to do things off-camera which a re totally unacceptable .....

Likewise saw the review as positive with genuine awe during the straight-line run. The backseat lawyers as a post-roadster dig was vintage Clarkson. Our X100D arrives in 3 weeks and this review just made me more impatient :)