Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collection Day “Gifts”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My fabulous 2 month old M3P is the first car that I’ve leased, my previous cars being bought/financed direct with a franchised dealer. On handover day from the dealer they usually threw in something like a bottle of champagne, a bunch of flowers for the wife, an invite to a golf day or something equally naff.

I was just wondering, for those of you who bought/financed direct with Tesla, did you get anything like that? I seem to remember reading that some people got a small model car but maybe that was for early orders.

My fabulous 2 month old M3P is the first car that I’ve leased, my previous cars being bought/financed direct with a franchised dealer. On handover day from the dealer they usually threw in something like a bottle of champagne, a bunch of flowers for the wife, an invite to a golf day or something equally naff.

I was just wondering, for those of you who bought/financed direct with Tesla, did you get anything like that? I seem to remember reading that some people got a small model car but maybe that was for early orders.
If there was anything like that it would’ve been for early adopters (read: years ago). Definitely nothing like that now, and in these COVID times it’s even less likely.

:(

Reactions: Keithmt

Tesla now do a contactless delivery.
You place an order and there is no contact until a week before delivery, which could be many months away.
On delivery day, the contactless experience continues...

I think they begrudge giving you the little cardboard wallet the keycards come in.

I used to get flowers for the wife etc a few cars ago, but I think the last time was about 2005. Perhaps I use the wrong makes or dealers!

As for the model car, that was a gift for first day reservation buyers, but only in the USA for some reason.

Most of us were just thankful to get a car, whatever state it might have been in! :D

4 years ago they gave us a rather swish Tesla branded umbrella and a coffee mug when they handed over our Model S. Which was a nice touch.

They also accidentally gave us a CHADeMO adapter.... but called up a week later to take payment as they forgot on the day

The car before the last one, I was given an umbrella and a mug and all the coffee I could drink during the tedious and long winded hand over process (which was a LOT of coffee)

The time before I got bags, another brolly, a mug and (randomly posts with no explanation a month later) the tackiest faux gold key ring you could imagine .

I understand this lot don't even give you the blummin car keys :D

I know that my dad was an expert in getting 'free things' to the point of saying he wouldn't sign for the car if he didn't get a bunch of flowers for my mother and some mats, I suppose it was because he was spending so much on a new car that they would bend to his will - anything for commission. Now though with companies using the online ordering model (especially Tesla) there is going to be less haggling over the price and less chance of freebies. I'm sometimes cheeky and if i'm signing for paperwork etc i'll ask to keep the pen if it's branded or try to get a keyring or something. Personally i'd love a tesla mug or brolly even a keyring or pen, but that's because i'm a bit of a saddo! he he!! Definitely something I can get from ebay or amazon though!!