Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P3D
Reserved 4/1/2016
Configured 6/27/2018
Not Current Owner
Red
Prem Black interior
EAP
FSD
18" wheels
Located in Denver

Estimate was Aug-Oct
Got the call 7/20
Pickup scheduled 7/31

Very excited for tomorrow but haven't gotten contract/ACH directions yet, so starting to get mildly concerned.
Ryan from Ride the Lightning had this exact same issue. You need to call and they can force push the ACH deposit code to your Summary page. Check out the podcasts latest episode for his explanation.

The reports on this site and the Tesla forum seem to indicate that AWD non-performance, and AWD P3 are now being produced simultaneously. The delivery reports on the Tesla forum show a strong delivery correlation to reservation date with almost all non-P AWD cars going to 3/31/2016, and 4/1/2016 reservations so far.

Makes sense they are producing them simultaneously, there appears to be little to no difference between them in terms of hardware. Hopefully that I will see my AWD edit button disappears soon!

I'll check in here... fwiw

Ordered 7/29/18
Build Details:
  • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium Black
No previous reservation. (not a line-waiter)
Est Delivery Sept '18 - Nov '18

Ryan from Ride the Lightning had this exact same issue. You need to call and they can force push the ACH deposit code to your Summary page. Check out the podcasts latest episode for his explanation.

Yeah, I emailed my ISA yesterday and she said:
"Due to a system error over the weekend our contracts team is a little backed up. However I can assure you that our contracts will be sent out to your prior to scheduled pick"

The Make Payment button showed up shortly after and I am set for this afternoon.

Reactions: loganthefirst
Yeah, I emailed my ISA yesterday and she said:
"Due to a system error over the weekend our contracts team is a little backed up. However I can assure you that our contracts will be sent out to your prior to scheduled pick"

The Make Payment button showed up shortly after and I am set for this afternoon.

Mike how did the pickup go for your P3D? I haven't been to the Littleton service center yet, but I have heard only good things.

Guys, a bit offtopic, but since this is a delivery "related" thread,
1. Do you upload "proof of insurance" with or without M3 showing on it? Wondering if having everything completed would speed up things, but to include M3 would have to get VIN first...
2. Does anyone have good idea on total "fees & taxes" added? My config is $60k including delivery; Tesla page shows $2.4k sales tax to be paid at delivery, which is 4% and I think it's supposed to be state sales tax...so, if I'm looking at this
Screenshot_20180801-113639_Drive~2.jpg

Do I understand correctly that at the time of registration I will still owe 4% of County+City tax($2400) and then 2.1% of 85% of $60k MSRP ownership tax, like
60k*.85*.021=$1071 and maybe some $100 of license plates/road maintenance fees, i.e. around $3.6k?

Guys, a bit offtopic, but since this is a delivery "related" thread,
1. Do you upload "proof of insurance" with or without M3 showing on it? Wondering if having everything completed would speed up things, but to include M3 would have to get VIN first...
2. Does anyone have good idea on total "fees & taxes" added? My config is $60k including delivery; Tesla page shows $2.4k sales tax to be paid at delivery, which is 4% and I think it's supposed to be state sales tax...so, if I'm looking at this
View attachment 322184
Do I understand correctly that at the time of registration I will still owe 4% of County+City tax($2400) and then 2.1% of 85% of $60k MSRP ownership tax, like
60k*.85*.021=$1071 and maybe some $100 of license plates/road maintenance fees, i.e. around $3.6k?
1. You can just upload any proof of insurance.
2. I think your calculations are correct. At delivery, you just pay the state taxes. At registration, you would then pay county/city taxes and then the registration fees.

• Helpful
Reactions: Moderatefan
Hello forum members. Just found out about this forum. I live in Boulder, Colorado. I am excitingly awaiting my new Tesla, which is in no hurry getting here. I am spending my time lurking in forums and getting things ready. I have a new NEMA 14-50 plug, I bought new iPhone 10. I gave my 30 year old Mazda MX6 to NPR. Cash is ready to put in the bank. Still figuring what to do about winter tires. Oh, and I bought a mini thumb drive and put some music files on it.

I have yet to have any contact with Tesla since the confirm information page showed up (lost my edit button) and I spoke to a Tesla rep about changing my order (to 20" tire package). She had no idea if this would set me back but "maybe not much since you don't have a VIN yet."

Dual motor AWD Performance
20" tires (Performance Package)
Blue
White interior
EAP
no FSD
Reserved mid 2017
Ordered 6/28/18
Changed configuration 7/17/18
Projected delivery date Aug-Oct (this did not change when I changed the configuration).

I just found out I will definitely have to swap out the summer tires to either winter tires or all season (no season?) tires. I might not have ordered the 20" tires if I had know that ... guess I will just have to enjoy them. :)

Hello forum members. Just found out about this forum. I live in Boulder, Colorado. I am excitingly awaiting my new Tesla, which is in no hurry getting here. I am spending my time lurking in forums and getting things ready. I have a new NEMA 14-50 plug, I bought new iPhone 10. I gave my 30 year old Mazda MX6 to NPR. Cash is ready to put in the bank. Still figuring what to do about winter tires. Oh, and I bought a mini thumb drive and put some music files on it.

I have yet to have any contact with Tesla since the confirm information page showed up (lost my edit button) and I spoke to a Tesla rep about changing my order (to 20" tire package). She had no idea if this would set me back but "maybe not much since you don't have a VIN yet."

Dual motor AWD Performance
20" tires (Performance Package)
Blue
White interior
EAP
no FSD
Reserved mid 2017
Ordered 6/28/18
Changed configuration 7/17/18
Projected delivery date Aug-Oct (this did not change when I changed the configuration).

I just found out I will definitely have to swap out the summer tires to either winter tires or all season (no season?) tires. I might not have ordered the 20" tires if I had know that ... guess I will just have to enjoy them. :)
Welcome. If you think you're all done, you can check here for more ideas on how to spend idle time:
My Tesla model 3 Garage is ready and waiting

Mike how did the pickup go for your P3D? I haven't been to the Littleton service center yet, but I have heard only good things.

Generally pretty good but with one hiccup. The people who took me through the walkaround and paperwork were very friendly/helpful. The issue was that I had ordered my car with FSD and EAP, both of which were reflected on my MVPA, but neither was installed or on the Monroney.

The result was an hour wait while they took the car back over to service and pushed (but did not install) the software update. I then pushed the install last night.

This put a pretty big snag in what would have otherwise been a very painless process. Sort of seems like they should have confirmed the installed config matched what was ordered as part of the prep process, but I guess that is not part of the review.

The good news is that the car is phenomenal...so blown away by everything about it, from the performance to the interface to the interior. The best way I can describe the acceleration is that you just think about what speed you want to be going and instantly that's how fast you are going.

Adding mine in here!

P3D
Reserved 7/2/2018
Configured 7/6/2018 (change to P3D on 7/8/2018)
Non-Owner
Pearl White
White Interior
EAP
No FSD
18" Aero
Located in Littleton

Currently have the edit button. Excited about getting free unlimited Supercharging now!

Oh, and I bought a mini thumb drive and put some music files on it.

Same! Got this one loaded up with some tunes:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BGTG2A0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As far as winter tires go, tirerack.com does list a couple different option on the 20's. One Michelin set and one Pirelli.

My plan (at least for the first winter) is to just have a tire place replace the summer tires with one of those on the existing rims. Maybe later I'll pick up another set of wheels to make swapping back and forth easier.

I've read that you don't even want to *store* the summer tires that come on the 20's in cold temperatures.

Another thing with winter not all that far off: Elon mentioned that they'll sell official Tesla all-weather floor mats by the time the snow falls. Right now, they only have cargo mats for the Model 3.

For winter tires your best bet is likely tirerack + Barnsley tires, with some nice nokians.
Most Tesla owners in Boulder go to Barnsley so they shouldn't make mistakes with the setup.
We went that method for our Teslas last winter (don't ask how many) and we're happy.