Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nokian is a tire brand. They make great winter tires. We used Barnsley for Nokian R2's on a model S and Nokian Hakka 8's studded on a Subaru Forester XT. Good shop and good tires I will be using again with my 3.

I've got a red model 3 ordered and also was thinking of going for Franz's model 3 look. I ordered the 19's with the intent to have them powder-coated similar to Franz's, but I also am searching for lighter weight 19's, so who knows what I'll end up with. I think chrome delete wraps need some minor maintenance as edges may curl over time here and there, but nearly two years into a chrome delete on an S and everything is holding up great save some minor lift on the inside of the door handles.

i dig what you did with your S roguenode, i plan to do the same to my 3 --- StormTrooper!

I had white ordered for my 3 until I saw all of the colors in person and fell for the red. The stormtrooper look is becoming a classic Tesla look and definitely gets attention. I'm pretty sure you'll love it on the 3. What wheels are you going with?

i’m powder coating the P3D 20s black, and i have a set of Tsportline 19s (turbine S wheels) in black for the winter

Reactions: roguenode
So after much deliberation decided to change my order from AWD to PAWD (without perf pkg) and downgraded color to basic black. The color change was to compromise a little on the upgrade price since I plan to PPF the whole thing anyways. Still kept black interior with Aero wheels. Already ordered the wheel cap kit (arriving Monday).
Interestingly when I changed my payment option this morning, the edit button is gone. Now the waiting starts!!!

I was looking at these:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...=Pilot+Alpin+PA4+N-Spec&partnum=335VR0PA4XLN0

They are a bit pricey. What do you think? At least they are the same size ... I was thinking of swapping them on my stock wheels.

I don't know I've only ever run Nokian or Blizzak's for Winter tires. Nokian's are noticeably better imo. I don't have firsthand experience with Ice-X's, but they do well in tests and I know people who swear by them. I've never heard of those Michelins.

With regard to local model 3's, does anyone know if there have been local deliveries of non-P AWD's?

Logan, are you going to sneak back into Littleton this Sunday to capture some spy shots like last weekend! i am hoping more P3D+ arrive!
Lol, I can definitely make that happen. I'll get there right at 6 am as I have a brunch I have to attend with some family in town. I'll stay away from the service bay doors though...When I did my 3 point turn the last time the door opened and I thought I was going to get arrested. Nobody locked anything up! The cars, the buildings, nothing. Freaked me out, lol.

Lol, I can definitely make that happen. I'll get there right at 6 am as I have a brunch I have to attend with some family in town. I'll stay away from the service bay doors though...When I did my 3 point turn the last time the door opened and I thought I was going to get arrested. Nobody locked anything up! The cars, the buildings, nothing. Freaked me out, lol.
I learned this first hand with my X being outside with the FWD cracked open at midnight...

To stay on topic, I might be joining y'all soon. Just some final discussions and if we decide to, we will be getting a loaded Performance model.

Do you mean you bought the tires from Tirerack and just had Barnsley install them? Also what are nokians?

Looking back at my history I bought the tires and wheels for my Teslas at a combination of tirerack, discount tire, and other online places and got Barnsley to install them. For some of those websites Barnsley is connected to so you can order online for delivery to Barnsley.

Looking at the model 3 however I am tempted to go for the Tesla solution with the aero wheels... I really appreciate any extra freeway range I can get in winter, and cheapest Tesla winter package is not that expensive compared to the model X.
Then one those tires get old I would switch to nokians.

For winter tires I recommend the nokian hakkapeliita R2.
If you aren't sure you want winter tires or don't have room to store spares them go for the nokian wrg3.

I did a bunch of research last year on this one, but my experience also matches.
I had a Tesla on factoryfact seasons slide down our driveway in the middle of the night while we were asleep.. so I don't recommend that.

Logan, did you succeed in your TopSecret mission?

For y’all discussing tires, one important thing to consider which no one does until they’re SOL. Tires like Nokians aren’t always stocked at tire shops or Tesla SC. If you get a flat and it can’t be patched, you’re looking at more money and trouble than it’s worth.

The best in stock options isn’t always bad, especially when it can get you in and out when weather is already a factor in the commute.

Logan, did you succeed in your TopSecret mission?
Did in fact! Had to hustle as my daughter didn't quite cooperate with getting out the door very early but I did see multiple Performance Model 3's as well as a new high VIN. No photos as my phone was plugged into the Bolt listening to the new episode of Ride the Lightning.

1 Blue Performance (VIN 75k)
3 MSM Performance (VINs mid 50k's and 70k)
1 MCR Performance (VIN 55K)
1 White Performance (VIN 60k)
**All Performance Model 3's had white interior**

Saw some LR Model 3 Solid Black with mid 70's VIN's with build date of 07/2018 so they are still pumping those out too with Aero wheels.

No Obsidian Black Metallic Model 3's at the Littleton, CO delivery center as of 08/05/2018

Now onto, Who is America, Sharp Objects and Big Brother (Please don't @ me on my television choices, LOL)