Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the email, too. I have responded, but I don't have a confirmation yet.

Who received their email from Diego?

Still no confirmation here either, I’m sure they are working through a long inbox of eager responses. I received my email from an Adam in Fremont. Interesting because I thought we would hear from someone more local concerning delivery scheduling.

Surprisingly I still have an edit button and no change to my Tesla page.

I took delivery of my Model 3 Performance (PUP, EAP, FSD, Multicoat Red) today at Littleton. It went pretty smoothly. The only defect I noticed was a very tiny scratch on the left passenger door, near the door handle. The panel gaps all looked just fine to me. The car was very clean. So much for the delivery horror stories we sometimes hear about.

As expected, it does not have the carbon fiber spoiler or dual motor badge yet. One small snag was insurance-related. Since I financed through Tesla\Chase, I had to actually have VIN-specific coverage on the new car before they would let me leave. I was able to call USAA and get the car added, and get an email with proof of insurance in just a few minutes (USAA rocks!).

I had previously scanned and uploaded the proof of insurance on my old Tesla Model S on the Tesla web site. It would have been better if Tesla had told me in advance about the stricter insurance requirement required by Chase.

I took delivery of my Model 3 Performance (PUP, EAP, FSD, Multicoat Red) today at Littleton. It went pretty smoothly. The only defect I noticed was a very tiny scratch on the left passenger door, near the door handle. The panel gaps all looked just fine to me. The car was very clean. So much for the delivery horror stories we sometimes hear about.

As expected, it does not have the carbon fiber spoiler or dual motor badge yet. One small snag was insurance-related. Since I financed through Tesla\Chase, I had to actually have VIN-specific coverage on the new car before they would let me leave. I was able to call USAA and get the car added, and get an email with proof of insurance in just a few minutes (USAA rocks!).

I had previously scanned and uploaded the proof of insurance on my old Tesla Model S on the Tesla web site. It would have been better if Tesla had told me in advance about the stricter insurance requirement required by Chase.

Thanks for the insight, that will be helpful for anyone here that goes with Tesla/Chase.

Here is some other information that might be useful. The car comes with the chrome Model 3 rear license plate frame (the same one they sell for $40.00). It also comes with two USB cables, one is a USB-C and one is for an iPhone. This probably is only relevant if you got the Premium interior that has the two USB-A ports in the center console.

Here is some other information that might be useful. The car comes with the chrome Model 3 rear license plate frame (the same one they sell for $40.00). It also comes with two USB cables, one is a USB-C and one is for an iPhone. This probably is only relevant if you got the Premium interior that has the two USB-A ports in the center console.

Wonder if they'd give me a $40 credit if I let them keep the frame. :)

Based on some of the conversations I have seen, and had with Tesla on the phone I think you will be able to get those types of questions answered when they assign your ISA. I think having the date confirmation is a big first step. Does your page show the appointment?
Yes, the appointment showed up right away. The co-registrant is will be out of the state. She could fly in but if things got rescheduled that could get very expensive. Since we are paying cash and the registration says OR, not AND, we're wondering if both really need to be present r if we could do the paperwork online or overnight it. If not, we might have to remove the other registrant.

Yes, the appointment showed up right away. The co-registrant is will be out of the state. She could fly in but if things got rescheduled that could get very expensive. Since we are paying cash and the registration says OR, not AND, we're wondering if both really need to be present r if we could do the paperwork online or overnight it. If not, we might have to remove the other registrant.

My advice: Remove the other registrant. You can add them at the DMV, and they don't even have to be there.

I did something similar a couple of years ago for my stepdaughter. I gave her my old car, and I was able to just go to the DMV and add her to the title. Once she was on the title she was able to go back at her convenience and remove me. I had to pay for a new title, but it was less than $10, if I remember correctly.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I've got time until next week, but not hearing on the finalization of everything has me thinking I should be prepared for a week or two delay.
I have a Monday appointment and the truck with my car on it is in Salt Lake City. They expect it tomorrow or early Saturday and I'm still finalizing my information for the paperwork. They are very confident they will be ready...barring any big issues with the car. You're probably still good.