Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But the DMV will charge you a few bucks for it. Ask me how I know.
You mean for a new temp tag if needed? Can't remember, but I seem to recall paying a slight fee for it. I think they prorate it based on delivery. But mine was Ford and didn't feel like dealing with them. Maybe better to go back to Tesla if needed, but I'd guess you pay that fee (for the extra temp tag) when you finally get your plate. But I'm with you, if you can avoid doing to DMV twice, it's worth any cost.

Yep. I had to pay once when a different brand was late with my paperwork. It was only like $4 IIRC, but was still a little annoying since it wasn't my fault things were late.
Yep, agreed. Mine was with Ford and I debated which is worse, going back to Ford or to DMV - neither was attractive. Maybe Tesla is better in this case. Hopefully we don't need to go this route, but point well taken.

All told we were there about an hour before I was in my car for the tour and then off to go. Total time about 2 hours start to finish.
Only got to look at the car under some of the lot lights but so far it looks great. However they didn't do the best job cleaning it so it still has some of the smudges and maybe cleaning residue on the car. They said they would be happy to properly wash it some time next week when things were a little less hectic.

My turn signal is also doing the same thing on the left being much more sensitive than my right turn signal. We shall see if I am just over sensitive because of what I've read on the forums or if it is actually a problem.

We took delivery tonight. It did take us about two hours since I needed a couple changes made to the MVPA. They got things updated online relatively quickly but then forgot to enable the ability to pay via ACH. Eventually they turned that feature on and I was able to pay.

The car was pretty dirty when we first saw it but the detailed it twice while we were waiting. There was a small smudge on the headliner and a couple paint issues but everything else looked and worked great. 913xx VIN, 9/18 build date.

Reactions: Zaxxon
So after all the confusion, it looks like I'm still on for delivery today. My VIN was restored yesterday late afternoon and the lady I talked to at Littleton when I visited yesterday followed through on her promise to text me with an update last night, which was that my car was en route from Colorado Springs to Littleton!

Sometime overnight my MVPA was restored and I got an email from Tesla confirming delivery for today and asking me to review my profile for accuracy (and confirming that personal checks are being accepted).

Hoping everything is still in order when I get there at 10:30!

Yep. I had to pay once when a different brand was late with my paperwork. It was only like $4 IIRC, but was still a little annoying since it wasn't my fault things were late.

I live in Arvada. If it comes down to it I'll have a choice of driving about a mile from my house, waiting at the DMV, and paying a few bucks or driving down to Littleton in my new Model 3 and getting the temp tag for free. Guess which one I'll choose. Vrrooom! :D

Reactions: Zaxxon
So after all the confusion, it looks like I'm still on for delivery today. My VIN was restored yesterday late afternoon and the lady I talked to at Littleton when I visited yesterday followed through on her promise to text me with an update last night, which was that my car was en route from Colorado Springs to Littleton!

Sometime overnight my MVPA was restored and I got an email from Tesla confirming delivery for today and asking me to review my profile for accuracy (and confirming that personal checks are being accepted).

Hoping everything is still in order when I get there at 10:30!

Good luck this morning. My son in law's appt is at 12:30. He gets a Model 3 chauffeur ride to Littleton.

FWIW, the ACH payment is really easy on their website, even with your phone. I inspected my car on Wednesday, stepped up on the sidewalk and paid for my car via ACH in about 1 minute. Then I walked inside to sign the paperwork. When the woman asked me for $64K I told her I had just paid for it outside. She looked on her computer, and said, "Yep, I see that. Congratulations on your new car. Let me hand you off to your delivery orientation team member."

I hate writing checks. Don't even know where my checkbook is right now. :D

They kept asking me if I had a check since the ACH option was missing initially. I told them I haven't written a check in ten years. Not going to start now!

My normal response to anyone who insists that I give them a check: I will write you a check, but it will be the last money you ever get from me. Same with faxes. You make me send you a fax of something and we're done doing business together.

Finally had a chance to do a thorough look over on my care delivered last night. Aside from a couple streaks and tape on the windows and windshield, and some black fibers on the dashboard (that just needed wiping up), I couldn't find anything to complain about. No dents, dings, paint imperfections, panel gaps, nothing. I'm not the most picky person in the world, so maybe others would catch something, but my car looks flawless. Hope everyone else has similar luck.

Reactions: riverFox