Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Come here baby 2019.40.2.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S ap 2.5 in Europe

20191211_083826.jpg
  • Stop and go seems better
  • Lane changes faster
  • Rain sensing is actually decent now
  • It actually tells you which camera has limited vision
All in all a great update for me

Reactions: ChrML
Model S ap 2.5 in Europe

View attachment 487054
  • Stop and go seems better
  • Lane changes faster
  • Rain sensing is actually decent now
  • It actually tells you which camera has limited vision
All in all a great update for me
Thx! Keeping my fingers crossed as I have the M3P. Not sure if it will trickle down or not. Don't have lane changing now but would love to have it.:rolleyes:

Reactions: emmz0r
What's also new is the ugly "PASSENGER AIRBAG ON" in the top right corner of the MCU. If that's a legal requirement, I can't figure out for the life of me why they added that only now..

I noticed that too, though it was welcome. We used to get "Passenger Airbag Off" for a while at startup, even with a passenger. Then it would disappear. So was the airbag then on or off? Now it says it is on, which is reassuring.

The Release Notes say Stop Signs can now be recognized. I just had my 2018 MS upgraded from HW 2.5 to 3.0, and It does well with construction cones, showing all of them near the car. I was hoping to see the same with stop signs. On a section of town with quiet streets, little traffic, I approached a total of 6 stop signs.
All were clearly visible. The car ignored them all, no indication on the cartoon screen and no alerts as I moved past the signs before stopping.

Were you in Autopilot at the time? My release notes suggest it’ll only alert if the car is on AP, or possibly even NoA.

The stop sign recognition is currently only displayed as a warning if Autopilot (with Autosteer active) would otherwise cross the stop line (because it currently only keeps distance).
Thanks. With this guidance, I was able to confirm Stop Sign Warning works on my 2018 MS with new upgrade to HW 3.0.
I had to find a stop sign on a road with very light traffic for safety, but also center line markings so that Auto Steer would activate.
The warning is a very large red stop sign display + audible alarm.

Reactions: diplomat33
The Release Notes say Stop Signs can now be recognized. I just had my 2018 MS upgraded from HW 2.5 to 3.0, and It does well with construction cones, showing all of them near the car. I was hoping to see the same with stop signs. On a section of town with quiet streets, little traffic, I approached a total of 6 stop signs.
All were clearly visible. The car ignored them all, no indication on the cartoon screen and no alerts as I moved past the signs before stopping.

Depends what you mean by "approach". You have to be in autosteer, and have to NOT take action to stop the car in time. Only then will it warn you and drop out of AP. And I have HW3.0 and tested it (very carefully with no other cars around) and works every time. I was actually quite impressed, though scared!

I so wish we had a way of enabling only a basic cruise with radar. Often that is all that is needed. Let the smart things only happen when on autopilot...

I would even appreciate an option to have dumb cruise without radar for when conditions are too bad for the system to figure out (snow storm). I had this option on the Prius Prime.
I'd love this. Adaptive cruise without fear of phantom braking scaring the crap out of my passengers on deserted roads.

As for the request for non-adaptive in a snow storm..... erm..... not sure this is a good time to not be 100% hands and pedal IMHO!

• Disagree
Reactions: Dubes and Curb71
I think I have Scheduled Departure figured out. My primary interest is having the battery warmed, reconditioned, on cold mornings so that I don't see the dotted lines of reduced regeneration on the kW display when I first start driving in the morning. This is especially important when I am traveling in the mountains because I don't like the feel of lost regeneration when I come down a grade. I understand that regeneration has to be limited when near 100% SOC or excessively cold weather, but I have been getting some dotted lines when the outside temperature is 55 F at 80% or even 75% SOC.

My first tests of SD failed to eliminate the dotted lines, but I now believe I was not allowing enough time margin. It appears the system gives first priority for power to charging to reach your target SOC, which makes sense. It starts the car charging in time to finish the charge perhaps an hour before your SD time. Then I see that it continues to draw power from my HPWC in the final hour as it warms the battery. Here in SCE territory Super Off Peak Time of Use ends at 8 am, and I rarely need to leave earlier than that (retired), so 8 am works fine as a departure time.

Another enhancement I noticed, I think in 40.2.1 (but could have maybe been in 40.1) - music search now starts playing right away if it finds a close match. Original behavior before Spotify was that searching for a song would play a Slacker station based on the song (and would usually start with that particular song if it hadn't already played recently). After V10, the voice search always pulled up search results, exactly as if you had simply tapped the magnifying glass and typed in the string you say. Now, most of the time it would start playing the song immediately from Spotify, unless my search was crummy.

Everything went OK updating to 2019.40.2.1. The touchscreen works, no release notes displayed because of the ongoing MCU1 browser crap, but most of the functionality I read about here isn't going to do me much good anyway on my late 2016 MS. It might be my imagination, but the UHF Media Player seems to sound better than before when playing my FLAC files through the USB.o_O

40.2.1 needs fix from what I have seen from my driving:
TACC displays random speed limits that are irrelevant to extreme left lane. So, my car slows down and on HOV imagine how irate other drivers would be when they behind my car.
Had to disable TACC/AP as the car suddenly slows down because adjacent lanes that are non HOV have packed volume of cars. This was true on non-HOV lanes too as I found out later. Cars that were tailgating me quickly zipped to other lanes when my brake lights came on. Less safe I would say.
Recognition of Stop signs did not work even once. Fail there.
I got this warning message " Right door pillar camera blocked or blinded" and my AP did not work even tho I had engaged both TACC and AP. I saw briefly it said something like "feature not available."

IMG_20191212_132853.jpg