Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Competitor in the EV market

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With ICE makers now starting to eye the EV market, the wave is coming.
Anyone tempted to look at other brands come changeover time or is that heresy?
As long competitors don't provide a Supercharger network, there is not too much alternative to Tesla,
unless you are only looking for a daily commute and city only errants.

However, Tesla doesn't seems to have too much interests for the compact size segment
which is certainly one of the most important need to decrease pollution in cities.

BMW's electric Mini is coming in 2019 — here's everything we know

Volkswagen ID electric car production date now set: November 2019

Last edited:
Maybe a little off topic, but you can procure various adaptors to charge your Tesla at non Tesla locations, but can you buy an adaptor to charge your BMW i3 (for example) at a Tesla supercharger? I know the answer is no, today, and I am sure there are lots of smarts in the supercharger to identify that what it is connected to is legit, but its just hardware and software..

Maybe a little off topic, but you can procure various adaptors to charge your Tesla at non Tesla locations, but can you buy an adaptor to charge your BMW i3 (for example) at a Tesla supercharger? I know the answer is no, today, and I am sure there are lots of smarts in the supercharger to identify that what it is connected to is legit, but its just hardware and software..
It identifies the VIN of the car connecting, so I doubt that any adaptor would work. This needs to happen since Tesla need to bill an account and also make sure that the car is supported to charge - for example, cars that have been rebuilt after being written off are not supported without a full inspection by Tesla.