Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confessions of a Model X driver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's my midnight confessional - a Tesla Model X driver. ... you won't tell anyone, will you?
Standard disclaimer: I'm not sure if these are technically sins, but I do feel bad about them. Be right back...

Dear audience, forgive me:
• You know that rear rim I had scratched and repaired twice? .... I scratched it again
• I promised myself I’d wash the X tomorrow ... it's still tomorrow.
• I let an Audi A6 beat me 0-60 at a traffic light.
• Every time I aim for the falcon wing door buttons on the control panel, I hit the *front* door button because the front doors buttons are shown at the bottom (i.e. rear) of the car diagram
• I have closed the rear hatch on my head by hitting the Tesla FOB in my pocket accidentally more times than I have used the FOB rear hatch button intentionally
• I am still mad at the X for doing a great auto-park job ... into the wrong stall
• I went on my first road trip, back seat folded and stuffed to the gills. A week later, I remembered I have a &^$#%@#$ front trunk
• I am afraid to dial the music to 11

Oh man oh man, the story continues,
- I too mistakenly open the passenger door instead of falcon wing doors.
- I too get hit by the rear hitch door because the lock button gets pressed in my pocket.
- auto park for me is way to slow and when that spot is taken the car won't recognize it and still attempt to park there, I could reverse park faster that's auto Park.
- when I speed up to 156 Km an hr t feel the car rattles and shakes, does not feel smooth anymore. Makes me wonder how the race against Lamborghini was completed.

• Funny
Reactions: Peteybabes
Yup on the fob in the pocket closing the truck and whacking me on the head.
Worse, I had an older person with a back back who was fascinated to see the falcon wing doors. I showed him and when I sat down in the seat, the fob fired the falcon wing door down on his head! Awful! I try not to put the fob in my pocket these days!

Confession I have a dirty model X. (that sounds hilariously bad!)

OMG! I do this so many times! When I first got the X, I almost whacked the vice principal at my kids' elementary school in the head. So embarrassing!!

And, yeah, it would be embarrassing to let the Audi beat you; however, I will assume that there was a police officer nearby... I actually just confessed to my husband the other day that I couldn't help stomping on the accelerator when I'm first at a light, but I don't go too far over the speed limit just in case. :)

Reactions: Algbc
Yup, after 14 months, I still manage to hit the wrong doors (not intuitive at all). I just did it recently on my mother-in-law and now every time she hears the FWD beep, she cowers in fear. :( I have to explicitly tell her that I'm over-riding the FWD and opening them higher.

A year ago I sent Tesla an enhancement request to change the order between front and rear doors. Funny that Tesla decided to replace the FWD buttons because they were un-intuitive, yet the software still lags behind. And I never had a problem with the FWD buttons. Maybe if everyone sends Tesla an enhancement request, they'll get the message?

Here's my midnight confessional - a Tesla Model X driver. ... you won't tell anyone, will you?
Standard disclaimer: I'm not sure if these are technically sins, but I do feel bad about them. Be right back...

Dear audience, forgive me:
• You know that rear rim I had scratched and repaired twice? .... I scratched it again
• I promised myself I’d wash the X tomorrow ... it's still tomorrow.
• I let an Audi A6 beat me 0-60 at a traffic light.
• Every time I aim for the falcon wing door buttons on the control panel, I hit the *front* door button because the front doors buttons are shown at the bottom (i.e. rear) of the car diagram
• I have closed the rear hatch on my head by hitting the Tesla FOB in my pocket accidentally more times than I have used the FOB rear hatch button intentionally
• I am still mad at the X for doing a great auto-park job ... into the wrong stall
• I went on my first road trip, back seat folded and stuffed to the gills. A week later, I remembered I have a &^$#%@#$ front trunk
• I am afraid to dial the music to 11

I'm right there with you! Great run down and of course, all is forgiven! :)

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's hit himself in the head with the rear hatch. Definitely agree with the suggestion to get the tires balanced (and check the alignment). I've had mine up to 128 mph at the drag strip and it was solid and smooth. BTW, I destroyed 2 Mustangs and 3 Charger R/T's much to the amusement of the track announcer and fans, and to the chagrin of the Mustang and Charger owners.:p. As far as keeping the car clean, I had it opticoated and it's made it much easier to keep clean. I generally just use a spray detailer(Opticoat or Maguiar's) or one of Opticoat's water-less cleaning products and they work great - quick and easy.

Reactions: Mrcook4590
I tweeted this to Musk but haven't heard back yet.
Tesla Mockup.jpg