Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirm PUP $5000 refund thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to provide an update. I spoke to someone 3 weeks ago that said I would be added to “a list of owners who have requested the refund” and that someone would reach out to me to confirm my address for mailing the check.

After no one had reached out, I responded to the email saying I had been added to the list on Monday. Today, I heard back from someone requesting my address and confirming that I would like to receive the refund and have my FUSC removed from my account. After sending in my address, they responded saying I would have my check in 4-8 weeks.

So that’s pretty cool. Will update if/when I receive the refund.

Attachments

• D3D84BA4-CA74-4D13-9B3B-C714C6A27D2A.png
    D3D84BA4-CA74-4D13-9B3B-C714C6A27D2A.png
    423.8 KB · Views: 79
Got the email below today. It took them exactly month to reply to my email. So I guess we only have to be patient.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Support. We wanted to follow up on your request regarding your Model 3 Performance and the recent price change.

I wanted to ensure you were aware that as a Model 3 Performance owner, you benefit from Free, Unlimited Supercharging. This is no longer available with new purchases and it is a significant benefit that provides peace of mind so you can use any of our Superchargers, free of charge for as long as you own the car.

We hope you are thrilled with the Model 3 Performance experience and we look forward to serving you as part of the Tesla family.

If you would like to proceed with the $5,000 refund and the removal of your Free, Unlimited Supercharging please reply with a valid mailing address we can send the check to.

Sincerely,

I guess I'm one of the rare ones keeping FUSC...

Supercharging in NJ is based off of time, not kWh:

$0.24 per minute above 60 kW
$0.12 per minute at or below 60 kW

Figure each visit runs me $10. 500 visits to break even. I drive a lot, so I'm at 2 visits per week. Break even is roughly 5 years.

And I figure I'll get back some money since resale value should be a little higher than one without FUSC.

Last edited:
I should have googled before posting that assumption. Did not realize FUSC is non-transferable...

Still good to do that analysis. I will use SCs once or twice a year, and when I do, it will be for business travel so I will be reimbursed anyway. Made it a no brainer for me to take the $5K. But for a heavy SC user like yourself, you may be better off keeping it if you intend to have the car awhile.

Reactions: Santa Claws
I guess I'm one of the rare ones keeping FUSC...

Supercharging in NJ is based off of time, not kWh:

$0.24 per minute above 60 kW
$0.12 per minute at or below 60 kW

Figure each visit runs me $10. 500 visits to break even. I drive a lot, so I'm at 2 visits per week. Break even is roughly 5 years.

And I figure I'll get back some money since resale value should be a little higher than one without FUSC.

Put the 5K in an investment account. Use the income to pay for supercharging. The payback will be much longer than 5 years.

I should have googled before posting that assumption. Did not realize FUSC is non-transferable...

I suspect that this is why we are not seeing FUSC listed on our Tesla accounts. It would be attached to the car and it seems this version of FUSC is not the same as past versions in that it does not stay with the car. It's another unfortunate example of Tesla moving the ball.