Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connected Solutions Real-World Experiences (MA - National Grid / EverSource)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone

I was hoping that folks in Massachusetts could share their real-world experiences with Connected Solutions so far this year.

Asking because my mom lives in SE MA and has EverSource - her experience so far this year has been a bit disappointing. She's had overwhelming 3-hr events (18/20) with EverSource calling events almost every weekday for the last 3 weeks even when it was cool weather and/or cloudy out. This has resulted in only a 6.6 average kW discharge for the season which is a good deal lower than the relatively conservative estimates I'd made. Perhaps my estimates were too optimistic but also perhaps it has something to do with my estimates being based on National Grid events, as opposed to EverSource. Of course, they were also based on last summer so there's that possibility too.

So... could anyone share how their events are so far this year? I live in Bellingham and have National Grid - anyone out this way? I ask predominantly because I was counting on CS as a major offset to the cost of the PWs and this is weakening that offset.

Many thanks in advance!

just got email saying checks in the mail. 2 PW's = $1,497. That is the low end of what I was expecting. I hope there is an accounting statement to match up with my powerwall reporting. I'm pretty sure that I participated fully in all events. I have no idea whether the events were 2 or 3 hours though. I just know that they drained all they could from fully charged batteries for the events, and stopped the draw when they got down to 20%.
If it like last year it will just be the check, no math to compare it against

• Informative
Reactions: Lmkwin and jhn_
Upvote 0
If it like last year it will just be the check, no math to compare it against
For me, the only way the math comes close to adding up is if ALL events were treated as 3 hour even if they were really only 2 hours long. It would be so much easier if they just said this upfront and made the incentive based on total power discharged instead of ‘avg kw over the duration of event’.

Upvote 0
National Grid is my electric company here in MA. No email from Tesla and no check for me yet. National Grid took power from my two Powerwalls many times last July 2022. Sent multiple emails to connected solutions email and also called tech support. Was informed that Connected Solutions Dept is ”not customer facing”. Anyone have ideas on getting through to Tesla to find out payment status?

Upvote 0
National Grid is my electric company here in MA. No email from Tesla and no check for me yet. National Grid took power from my two Powerwalls many times last July 2022. Sent multiple emails to connected solutions email and also called tech support. Was informed that Connected Solutions Dept is ”not customer facing”. Anyone have ideas on getting through to Tesla to find out payment status?
here is the email address I used in the past when my payment was delayed: [email protected]

• Informative
Reactions: jhn_
Upvote 0
Hmm, i will have to look into that. Does having an electric car lower payments received? Thanks
The payments are based on the average exported Kw during each event. If you were charging your EV or otherwise had high home loads using your instantaneous Kws during events, that made the Kw exported lower, lowering your average, and lowering your payment.

Upvote 0
No it doesn’t matter what you use. As long as your powerwalls were fully charged before each event and you participated in all events you should get about 1450 per battery
If you were able to export 5kw continuous per Powerwall for every event. What is the utilities’ rate paid per kw? I found $400 for the OP’s utility with a quick google search, but it was unclear if that was before or after Tesla’s cut for running the VPP.

Upvote 0