Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Conventional cruise control?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is very easy in software to split up the various features. And charge them a-la-carte prices. Bet Tesla would generate much more revenue that way.

My second comment was firmly tongue-in-cheek. Trying to automate every function (i know folks love rain wipers here) is just ridiculous. Even auto-steer (as good as the implementation is) takes off the joy of hugging the curves, ahem :)

Adaptive cruise control and autosteer could be a-la-carte'd really easily. $4000 for ACC and $2000 for autosteer. $5000 for both. When you look at it that way, how many people are going to save the $1000. I wouldn't have. Especially knowing what I know now, I love the autosteer function.

Reactions: brkaus
> In the case of constant power(CC) car will travel slow uphill and very fast downhill. [BH]

The CP option would ideally be adjustable so you could set it for your daily mountain climb to seamlessly transition to manual at some ideal point on the upgrade. You then complete the climb with CC off and do the downgrade using just REGEN (which is ideal). If you happen to reach a pass while still within your CP setting gravity will speed you up to the CC set point and REGEN will hold you to that speed all the way down. If it gets too steep for REGEN you can use the brakes of course.

This simple option would be very useful in mountainous regions.
--

> In the case of constant power(CC) car will travel slow uphill and very fast downhill. [BH]

The CP option would ideally be adjustable so you could set it for your daily mountain climb to seamlessly transition to manual at some ideal point on the upgrade. You then complete the climb with CC off and do the downgrade using just REGEN (which is ideal). If you happen to reach a pass while still within your CP setting gravity will speed you up to the CC set point and REGEN will hold you to that speed all the way down. If it gets too steep for REGEN you can use the brakes of course.

This simple option would be very useful in mountainous regions.
--
Just my opinion but it sounds very over engineered and unnecessary.

Reactions: brkaus
Dumb, Standard or Conventional Cruise Control for Model 3...

Whatever you name it, there is already a lot of Model 3 forum info about this subject, eg:
Model 3 dumb cruise control with standard package? | Tesla
'ravisundaramam | June 6, 2018' description is very clear, also about the use of the right scroll wheel to adjust the speed...!

And there are some issues with TACC, EAP and phantom accelaration / braking
Read forumposts in
Traffic aware cruise control - initial set speed?
Model 3 without EAP and Phantom Brake...