Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the idiots in KY want to have their coronavirus parties, let them. But they should have to sign a waiver first that says they give up any medical care for their stupidity.

As a doctor (based on one of your earlier proclamations), let me ask you this: Once a person is infected with the virus, regardless of whether or not they have any symptoms, will they still be virus carriers 2 weeks after the incubation period (or symptoms) end?

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
The lack of a federal mandate to keep everyone inside is frustrating. States that are letting this spread are delaying our national recovery, because it doesn't matter how well half the country has contained the virus, the other half will be in crisis and spread it back to the responsible half a month from now. In fact, the entire world needs to go on lock down at the same time, and then when it is under some control, everyone needs to wear a mask when they leave the house for weeks after that while things go back to normal. Maybe by that time there will be enough masks for everyone to wear.:mad:

WA updates their numbers each afternoon. Until today. I guess the crisis is finished there. Or they're still counting....
Yes - I've been refreshing as if its ER time.

Today they updated at 6 PM (usually around 3, supposed to be 2 pm).

At 248 confirmed cases today, they are 8th in the list of states today with 2 others hot on the heels. So, end of week, WA may not be in top ten of the states ! Shows, the early high numbers in WA was purely because of independent testing here, rather than anything else. Even the deaths in LifeCenter would have been missed but for vigilant doctors.

BTW, New York has had 3 consecutive days of ~ 5k cases. So, I think they are now constrained by max tests. So, we'll have to just watch the % of positives - which is still extremely high (1 in 3 vs < 10% in WA).

Yes - I've been refreshing as if its ER time.

Today they updated at 6 PM (usually around 3, supposed to be 2 pm).

At 248 confirmed cases today, they are 8th in the list of states today with 2 others hot on the heels. So, end of week, WA may not be in top ten of the states ! Shows, the early high numbers in WA was purely because of independent testing here, rather than anything else. Even the deaths in LifeCenter would have been missed but for vigilant doctors.

BTW, New York has had 3 consecutive days of ~ 5k cases. So, I think they are now constrained by max tests. So, we'll have to just watch the % of positives - which is still extremely high (1 in 3 vs < 10% in WA).

Remember, NY is now only testing those getting admitted to the hospital.

posts are reaching a new level of stupidity

"posts"?

you want to complain about posts when dangerous 'leaders' are risking lives?

SERIOUSLY? you find fault in the post and not the thing the post is about?

or, did I offend your world-view and that's why you think its "stupid" to blame those that ignore reason and put others at risk for the sake of fairy tales?

sorry, but mitts are off. some world views cause others to die. that's NOT ACCEPTABLE anymore.

What is going on in India that they locked down the whole country?

Obviously their stats mean nothing. I shudder to think what may be going one there. NYC is overwhelmed with resources up the wazoo in comparison.
They have had a lot of temp workers come back over the last few days from US, EU and ME. The people who are back aren't strictly following self-quarantine. Infact most people are fine when they come back but develop symptoms later - apparently its the flight and airport itself that infects people.

They are terrified of domestic transmission and want to stop it. That's why a total lock down - including flights.

It is an interesting experiment - and we'll have to see whether they succeed in completely avoiding local transmissions. It is also interesting how parties with similar ideology can take opposite steps (BJP is as, if not more, anti-science than GOP).

There is no way to contain this in India once it gets into rural areas. The counter argument is that it is hot there and their immune system are probably elite forces.
Not worried about rural areas - with low density and tradition of figuring out how to keep infected people away. More worried about cities and small-towns. Ofcourse rural areas are dependent on small-towns.

Remember, NY is now only testing those getting admitted to the hospital.
Not true - as you can see the difference between hospitalized and confirmed numbers. Infact only ~15% of confirmed are hospitalized - 3,234/25,665.

I think they are testing people who are clearly symptomatic and the doctors think there is a high chance of it being covid. Of those positive, people with complications are getting admitted.

This is the most disturbing thing I have read yet, and makes me very worried about the chances of the USA getting things under control any time soon: 60% believe Trump has done a good job so far (and his job approval ratings have surged to an all time high of 49%). This reminds me of Bush Jr getting re-elected following the Iraq war fiasco.

President Trump's Job Approval Rating Up to 49%

"Americans give the president generally positive reviews for his handling of the situation, with 60% approving and 38% disapproving. Ninety-four percent of Republicans, 60% of independents and 27% of Democrats approve of his response."

==========

If 60% think Trump is handling this thing correctly, there is little motivation at the top to implement lock downs - until the bodies start piling up (at which point it is too late to prevent the worst)

Actually what was said at the Press Conference this evening is that it's unrealistic to allow that in markets where data suggests otherwise: however (and this came from Fauci), there may quite possibly be a number of locations whereby the data suggests it would be OK.

Thank you for correcting the stupid sh!t that gets posted as fact. We don't believe what the news sources say about Tesla....FUD. But we blindly trust the same news sources for everything else....especially politics

This is the most disturbing thing I have read yet, and makes me very worried about the chances of the USA getting things under control any time soon: 60% believe Trump has done a good job so far (and his job approval ratings have surged to an all time high of 49%). This reminds me of Bush Jr getting re-elected following the Iraq war fiasco.

President Trump's Job Approval Rating Up to 49%

peopleoftheland.png

Last edited:
I'd go further, put a red letter C on their heads so that all can see who the VIRUS CARRIERS might be.

socially outcast anyone who endangers the lives of others. double fines and jail time it if they are trying to hurt people on purpose (aka 'sticking it to the libs').

maybe go further. if you endanger lives and continue on with your crap, you get put into cages.

the followers of the orange one will understand that.
Capital Punishment....intentionally infecting an elderly person or someone with a comprised immune systems is equal to manslaughter.

what makes some governors think that they don't need the lockdowns that the other states are doing?

do they really enjoy a high death count or are they truly as dumb as a bag of hammers?

I cannot understand. the news is blasting this every day and night. how can you keep denying it?

again, I would be in favor of legal action against any governor (etc) who willfully puts his people at known risk.

it would be a good time to clean house, since there appear to be a lot of people in office who don't deserve to be.

it would take strong central leadership to do that.

yeah, we're all SO SCREWED. so very screwed. I hope 'sticking it to the libs' was worth it. (narrator: "it wasn't, afterall")
Thankfully the Liberal States have followed Trump's lead. Mindblowing that few of the conservative states have followed.

Makes sense they are trying to contain the # of tests now. But I guess it will take some time ...

BTW, its more a sign of desperation. Thats what they did in Italy too. Basically saying, if you have flu-like symptoms its more likely to be Covid than some other cold/flu.

“We know that the circulating virus right now that’s causing respiratory like illness or flu-like illnesses is COVID-19. You don’t need a test to tell you that," she said.
Milan, Madrid & NYC are all on track to overtake Wuhan, unfortunately.