Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar effect on churches (case S Korea).

and I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing the same here in the US with some churches we’ve already seen feeling congregating is some how more important or will protect their parishioners from contracting the virus. Don’t get the need to suffer or set up others you care about to go through this. The numerous stories of families watching through hospital windows their loved one die alone In a hospital bed unable to breathe as body parts fail breaks one heart. Who is going to take in and care for of all these kids who lose their parents whi we’re seeing are younger than 50?

CV is still new and we don’t know the long terms affects people who live after recovering from it will face. Not heeding the medical communities‘ warnings about congregating just places people at a high risk, something I find hard to believe is acceptable by any leader of any group of people.

interesting paper on using uv-c to sterilize masks:

https://www.nebraskamed.com/sites/default/files/documents/covid-19/n-95-decon-process.pdf

uv-mask-dis-1.png

uv-mask-dis.png

I’m pretty sure we’ll be seeing the same here in the US with some churches we’ve already seen feeling congregating is some how more important or will protect their parishioners from contracting the virus.
I expect it of Evangelicals

Ultra-religious Jews can be equally stupid. I posted before that they congregate in groups of 10 to pray everyday. It falls under the essential services category. You can guess how effective that country's 'stay at home' mandate is working. Israel has a very sophisticated Medical system ... and a political appointee as minister of health who is religious. It should not surprise anyone paying attention that the ultra-religious are one of the main vectors of disease in Israel.The government decisions end up being trump level idiocy.

Last edited:
I ventured out to the food store, last nite, for the first time in almost 3 weeks (wow). the world changed out from under me! what was once a 24 hour store (safeway, sunnyvale) is now 6am-9pm only. I got there at 10.45pm and it was ultra closed (yeah, lets go with ultra closed, that describes it). got back in my car, drove to one other store that still had 5 minutes left. got what I could and left. the TP isle was empty, I think there might have even been IOU notes left ;)

ok, how about amazon? anything there? not really. and, well, a strange recommendation....

View attachment 527710

the newer item is.... well, not really the same thing, now, is it?

(is it? I've been away so long, maybe this IS the new normal??)
That bear does look like he's about to use that TP as a mask. :)
Charmin bear mask.jpg

Why did the doctor need a lawyer to present his case study?!?

Why did the doctor use Giuliani to get word out that his experience with HCQ, AZ, and Zinc was so positive? I think it's because he's a doctor and HE WANTS TO SAVE LIVES. That's what doctors do. He simply wanted max exposure of his experience and bringing in a well-known politician is a way to do it. Guess what? It worked. Unfortunately, we are a politically-divided country and there are of course negatives associated with using someone too closely linked to either party.

OK changing of opinion on the public in US wearing masks. Give a listen:

keep in mind the masks worn by Asians etc have primarily been the surgical masks, not the heathcare workers desired N95 ones that offer a higher level of protection for close up care.

Just saw a story about Illinois receiving what was suppose to be a shipment of 300K N95 masks but instead were sent surgical.

Illinois governor says feds sent wrong type of protective medical masks - CNNPolitics

Last edited:
Why did the doctor use Giuliani to get word out that his experience with HCQ, AZ, and Zinc was so positive? I think it's because he's a doctor and HE WANTS TO SAVE LIVES. That's what doctors do. He simply wanted max exposure of his experience and bringing in a well-known politician is a way to do it. Guess what? It worked. Unfortunately, we are a politically-divided country and there are of course negatives associated with using someone too closely linked to either party.
Guiliani is not just a lawyer. He's Trump's personal attorney. The purpose of using Guilani is to speak directly to Trump. It's for an audience of one, not for max exposure. IMHO.

That bear does look like he's about to use that TP as a mask. :)
View attachment 527768

better vision and object identification than some teslas out there.

maybe elon will give us an apr1 joke and have a bear appear where there's cones.

or, better yet...

yeah, you got it.

WHITE TP ROLLS INSTEAD OF ORANGE CONES!

just for 1 day.

I ventured out to the food store, last nite, for the first time in almost 3 weeks (wow). the world changed out from under me! what was once a 24 hour store (safeway, sunnyvale) is now 6am-9pm only. I got there at 10.45pm and it was ultra closed (yeah, lets go with ultra closed, that describes it). got back in my car, drove to one other store that still had 5 minutes left. got what I could and left. the TP isle was empty, I think there might have even been IOU notes left ;)

ok, how about amazon? anything there? not really. and, well, a strange recommendation....

View attachment 527710

the newer item is.... well, not really the same thing, now, is it?

(is it? I've been away so long, maybe this IS the new normal??)

Welcome to the new world order. Yes most stores have modified hours. Many have opening or pre-opening hours for the over 60 and at risk (new connotation to that word these days). They close early for store deep cleaning and restocking during the longer closed hours. Best time to find things is early in the morning and I’d say for essentials forget weekends. After 3 weeks My husband finally found toilet paper at Walmart this morning by going early before he had business calls to make (not our favorite brand but what the heh—it was the bear brand though!). I know from speaking to a local Target employee that they don’t get trucks in on the weekend or I think on Wednesday or Thursday (forgot which day now). So helps if the store can tell you their truck schedule to avoid wasted trips. We finally got my favorite pasta sauce after umpteen visits.

Good luck. You do feel like you won some prize when you are able to find what you went for.

Reactions: Sean Wagner
We're expecting huge outbreaks in the midwest in the next 2 weeks from Spring Break and Mardi Graw...

CBS news story about middle American smaller states looking for supplies to get ready:

Rural-state governors tell Trump they need tests, medical supplies — CBS News

I posted a map a few days ago, from Kaiser Hospital News possibly, of the counties in the US and where there were fewer hospitals/beds/ICUs; and as expected the majority of these lowest areas were in the middle America and rural states. The fact these state governors are now experiencing Confirmed cases in their state and are way behind in seeking out and obtaining what will be necessary equipment and supplies I’m sure is at this point a frightening time for them seeing from other areas what lies ahead. At least now more inventory is becoming available so they have that working in their favor.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: shootformoon
If the new cases are from domestic transmission, then it is definitely a huge concern! Our hopes in the US is that if we shut down for a few months, the disease would be gone. Our remaining options, if that does not work, is not going to be pretty... :(

Social distancing was never well explained. It slows down transmission when you do it, but until you have a vaccine or herd immunity, it will start to come back when you relax social distancing. It's like hitting the brakes from time to time when coasting down a mountain, you don't want to stop the car entirely, or get going too fast, so you pump the brakes.

If we could lock up the entire population of the world entirely for a few weeks, we could make the virus extinct, but that's physically impossible. People need to move about who have critical jobs needed to keep the rest of the country alive and everyone needs to get supplies from time to time, and then there are those who will just disobey the orders. In places where there are no stay at home orders the virus is spreading rapidly around the population.

All the infectious disease experts I heard when China was locked down expected it to come back as soon as they let up on it. Stories I'm hearing about China now are that the government is working hard to hide all new infections. They are desperate to get the economy going again. This is the descendant of the same government that ruled through the greatest genocide in history (Mao's Great Leap Forward that killed 45 million in 4 years).

We're expecting huge outbreaks in the midwest in the next 2 weeks from Spring Break and Mardi Graw...

Missouri saw a 600% increase in cases last week and they still don't have a statewide stay at home order.