Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an impression:

Saturday in Germany: Massiv overrun at grocery and drug stores.

This is insane.

Same thing here in my very international corner of not-so-reflected-and-rational Switzerland this afternoon [I purposefully went later to avoid the crowds]. No sugar. No flour. No fresh veggies!! I asked - all been bought today. Don't even mention toilet paper, that's been rare for a while now.

I've been buying a little more for weeks now [edit: like trading in shares] and have enough that my family and lil' ole me can live in isolation for some sensible amount of time, but quite a few people are clearly expecting the world to end.

now, what do we do?

Glorious. Thanks for the, er, relief. Everything's going down the tube! :cool:

Sadly, mortality has shot up in Lombardy. I surmise [!] it's the scenario sensible people have warned about: triage due to an overload of emergency care. Sad to see that graph. I've tried to find it by going to the source, but no luck. Maybe someone has better nevigating skills: Home

Last edited:
Munchin: will provide support for businesses for extended sick pay. Businesses will be able to recapture that expenditure via tax credits. Still have a lot more to do. Eg airline industry support. Cruise hotel industries etc.

It’s great that this is happening.
But, this will only help small businesses cope with the expense side. Still will be hurt by lack of foot traffic and sales.
My city sent out a request on FB and NextDoor to have residents buy gift cards to restaurants in the meantime if people aren’t planning on dining out. Kind of like a zero-interest bridge loan I think.

Sadly, mortality has shot up in Lombardy. I surmise [!] it's the scenario sensible people have warned about: triage due to an overload of emergency care. Sad to see that graph. I've tried to find it by going to the source, but no luck. Maybe someone has better nevigating skills: Home

Screencap:
Casi di covid Italia 10032020.jpg

As the article above reports these people have later then died as it came back worse.
To be clear, the article notes only one such death.

Although most patients who retest positive do not display clinical symptoms, some have developed fevers and other signs of the virus. One such patient, a 36-year-old man, died in Wuhan on March 2, five days after being declared recovered.

During press conference in response to a question Trump did recommend that people shouldn’t shake hands and should practice better distancing. Press asking these questions as they are sitting side by side to each other even as there are a lot of empty seats. No one is wearing a mask.

Btw everyone’s temperature was taken as they entered the room.

During press conference in response to a question Trump did recommend that people shouldn’t shake hands and should practice better distancing. Press asking these questions as they are sitting side by side to each other even as there are a lot of empty seats. No one is wearing a mask.

Btw everyone’s temperature was taken as they entered the room.
At least the White House is getting serious about it. It's a little late, but still a good development.

I hope Trump will practice that "love one another" stuff. I have not seen much of that to date. As recently as his response to Yamiche Alcindor's question yesterday, which he called "nasty."

I think its great that we are starting to get test kits out there.

I don’t know if it was mentioned earlier but I think these tests could be used in conjunction with a geotagged app that tags if you are infected or not. That way if infected then you pop up as a red dot on the app. If not infected you’re a green dot. It could be set so the color changes back to green after 2 or three weeks. That way people know who to stay away from.

If google really is partnering with the health department for drive through testing I’d imagine it would go like this.
1) register on a website for testing
2) download the app to show when you show up to be touch less and paperless to further avoid spread.
3) if positive then it transmits to app

then restaurants/ stores/ events etc can screen people using the app... if green can go in... if red go home and use a delivery service. If no app then go get tested. Others can avoid areas with lots of hits on a map. This can really slow down spread/ flatten the curve so the medical system can handle it.

Makes me wonder if that is what google might be planning? Doing a quick google search similar apps are the top apps being downloaded in Korea right now on the google store.

I think its great that we are starting to get test kits out there.

I don’t know if it was mentioned earlier but I think these tests could be used in conjunction with a geotagged app that tags if you are infected or not. That way if infected then you pop up as a red dot on the app. If not infected you’re a green dot. It could be set so the color changes back to green after 2 or three weeks. That way people know who to stay away from.

If google really is partnering with the health department for drive through testing I’d imagine it would go like this.
1) register on a website for testing
2) download the app to show when you show up to be touch less and paperless to further avoid spread.
3) if positive then it transmits to app

then restaurants/ stores/ events etc can screen people using the app... if green can go in... if red go home and use a delivery service. If no app then go get tested. This can really slow down spread/ flatten the curve so the medical system can handle it.

Makes me wonder if that is what google might be planning? Doing a quick google search similar apps are the top apps being downloaded in Korea right now on the google store.

Geotagging individuals would have the civil
Liberty folks screaming from the rooftops. I doubt we will see that either here or in Europe.