Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of corruption of our medical system and government by Big Pharma, here's a short documentary about a virologist who makes explosive claims about same. I'm not endorsing it (she says nothing about vitamin C), because I don't know enough to judge the likelihood of her claims. But I do know enough about medical industry incentives (which are obvious) to believe her claims are possible.
The channel that posted it recommends watching it soon before YouTube removes it.
(video since removed)
https://decider.com/2020/05/07/plandemic-documentary-conspiracy-debunked/

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
@AlanSubie4Life your claim the reddit poster supports your convoluted and misleading argument re the Geneva study is completely wrong.

In fact your entire argument is completely wrong.

That poster went out of his way to clarify that he wasn't calculating IFR. He even said he would not use his estimate to calculate an IFR.

Instead, he was trying to estimate how much IFR would change if more older people were infected:

"I would not put too much stock in that estimate/use it to inform an IFR estimate ... I just wanted to do some crude calculations on how much population-level IFR can change if younger people are being disproportionately infected compared to if infections occur evenly across the population regardless of age." Repeated seroprevalence of anti-SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibodies in a population-based sample from Geneva, Switzerland : COVID19
IFR is the fatality rate in an infected population. It can be lower or higher depending on whether more vulnerable populations are disproportionately affected. You know that, so stop confusing the issue.

You also really should stop with the personal attacks. It's really old. They're also against forum rules (although the mods are off duty).

It's also a sign of a weak argument, as in this case.

You'd be better off spending time more time vetting your own posts, frankly.

Also, it's pretty obvious that IFR will vary significantly from area to area, depending on a whole host of factors that may include age, poverty, race, pollution, health care system and treatment protocols, initial viral load, and other factors that may never be fully understood.

Get over it.

Last edited:
Speaking of corruption of our medical system and government by Big Pharma, here's a short documentary about a virologist who makes explosive claims about same. I'm not endorsing it (she says nothing about vitamin C), because I don't know enough to judge the likelihood of her claims. But I do know enough about medical industry incentives (which are obvious) to believe her claims are possible.

The channel that posted it recommends watching it soon before YouTube removes it.

You're posting links to people claiming that the pandemic was planned in order to force Mass vaccination on people? Is that the kind of crap you want to be associated with? Have you completely lost your mind? Do you believe that there's a shred of evidence that that's true? Because if you do you have really exposed yourself. Vaccinations and the associated Improvement in hygiene and the subsequent reduction of chronic pathogen infection is responsible for the greatest fraction of longevity and healthspan improvements of any single Factor. If you don't know that, you don't know anything.

PS YouTube removed this because unlike Facebook they will not support psychotic anti-vaccine conspiracy theories. It has nothing to do with their support for the medical industrial complex. If you don't understand these things then you really are a member of the Earth is flat Club.

Last edited:
So disappointed in Elon right now. On the JR show he is going on and on about extra Covid deaths and over reporting. He is getting it all wrong and ignoring the numbers. YES, there are going to be people with stage 3 cancer dying of Covid. They could be a month away from death or two years. We don't know. It does not matter. It is a Covid death. And that is not going to be that many people. He is ignoring all of the 'excess deaths' above and beyond the reported Covid deaths.

He is pushing the conspiracy theories. :(

You really should stop with the personal attacks.

I have not made any ad hominem attacks. I am referring to your repeated actions, not you.

IFR is the fatality rate in an infected population.

That is correct. I have never claimed otherwise - I made it clear that I was extrapolating to a uniform attack rate with my "IFR".

I think I made it very clear what I was saying when I calculated my numbers! Your 0.49% number (which is correct as an actual IFR for that particular population affected, and I'm sorry I confused that issue) was presented without the extremely important piece of information from the study:

"while significantly lower seroprevalence was observed among those 50 and older (3.7%, 95% CI 0.99-6.0, p=0.0008)."

You quoted one piece of information from the study, while not providing the relevant context. It's really, really important to understand that the older population was under-represented in the attacked population. Otherwise we get multiple posts following up with confusion about why the number isn't closer to the 1% that we would "expect" (based on the preponderance of the evidence assuming fairly uniform attack rate)!

Of COURSE a lower attack rate may result in lower fatality rates - that's a core effort we are making in this country and elsewhere - to protect those over 50 years old, who are very much at risk.

I'm just looking to clean up the presentation of information here, so that everyone can quickly get the most accurate information possible without having to dig around too much.

It's disingenuous to say that the IFR is 0.49% if you don't also mention that this assumes that you will be somewhat successful in keeping the disease out of the elderly population.

Last edited:

Looked up the movie link, that's probably the video YouTube censored. Not sure what to make of it
Plandemic Movie

I am catching up with the discussion here without having read all the preceding posts. For those interested, I think that the best reporting has been (and still is) from Pueyo's Medium series of articles:
Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now
He's not an epidemiologist or a doctor, just someone smart enough with reasoning and numbers - who first raised the alarm on Mar 10, with a convincing analysis that does NOT require any advanced statistical or medical knowledge.

Regarding the other aspect of COVID-19 aka C19, and its possible cures /treatments/ vaccines there is a lot of controversy/ discussion going on.

HOWEVER what really surprises me (or maybe it shouldn't) is that nobody seems to be addressing the elephant in the room. Since the best cure also should involve the best prevention, and we know C19 targets people with defective immune systems, why aren't we simply addressing HOW TO IMPROVE everyone's immune system? Even simply taking Vit C in the proper way (much higher doses than normal) has been proven to save patients in Wuhan and elsewhere*. Not much being said about it, and when NY doctors used Vit C they only used non therapeutic doses, just enough to help whatever other treatment they were providing.

It seems so obvious: help people become healthier - for instance everybody knows that eating sugary foods (most canned goods have some sort of sweetener added, worst being HFS, high fructose sugar), and most food additives lower one's immune system, as well as lack of exercise, insufficient Vit D, C and K etc. But, no, it seems we all just want a miracle vaccine or drug.

Because some folks are homeless and don't have the means to eat and live healthily, should we also just leave them to their fate? I think (true) Christians (JC, and normally decent human beings ) believe otherwise.

Last edited:
So disappointed in Elon right now. On the JR show he is going on and on about extra Covid deaths and over reporting. He is getting it all wrong and ignoring the numbers. YES, there are going to be people with stage 3 cancer dying of Covid. They could be a month away from death or two years. We don't know. It does not matter. It is a Covid death. And that is not going to be that many people. He is ignoring all of the 'excess deaths' above and beyond the reported Covid deaths.

He is pushing the conspiracy theories. :(

Yes it's very sad to see Elon expose himself in this way. I had my concerns already because of his association with Peter Thiel and Ellison, both of whom are pretty far right (like just slightly to the left of Ivan the Terrible). But for someone who has spent his whole life in a scientific and Technical field to which he has made major contributions and Innovations, to abandon the science in such a basic way and to push far-right libertarian conspiracy theories is profoundly disappointing..

Looked up the movie link, that's probably the video YouTube censored. Not sure what to make of it
Plandemic Movie

Yeah... It might even have some valid points buried among all the (likely wrong) conspiracy theories.
It has become a very "viral" video and will probably still keep cropping up as they release move parts of that "movie".
Just a warning: do lots of fact checking on anything you see in their clips as it is trying to play on people's fears and overactive imaginations.

The anti-vaxx agenda of 'The Plandemic'

I wish Fauci hadn't said in a 2017 lecture that there will be a surprise pandemic during this administration. Even played out of context it sounds chilling and feeds into more conspiracy theories.

• Informative
Reactions: PeterJA
IFR is the fatality rate in an infected population.

That is correct. I have never claimed otherwise

That's completely false:

Looks like someone on Reddit is tirelessly trying to stem the tide of misinformation and irresponsible behavior.

They made the same point I did, and calculate an IFR of 1.3%. Not surprised.

And the demographic pyramid for Switzerland (which is required for figuring out IFR for a particular population once you determine mortality risk in each category).

If you want to make a point, make it. But cut the crap.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
That's completely false:

If you want to make a point, make it. But cut the crap.

As I said, I made clear what I was doing when I was calculating my "IFR." There was no hiding what I was doing.

My point is clear. I have nothing to hide here.

If you want to debate that you were correct about the definition of IFR - there is no debate - you were right: You are correct about that, and I incorrectly calculated it. But I made it very clear WHY I was calculating it that way.

Specifically:
A uniform attack rate seems reasonable if you're calculating an IFR, as far as I am concerned, but that is subject to debate of course.

What I should have said is: A uniform attack rate seems reasonable if you're trying to assess risk. Which is pretty clearly what we're trying to do.

I was wrong that it should be used when calculating an IFR.
Also, I said "it seems reasonable, as far as I am concerned"...not that it "should be".

You can disagree all you want, but if you read my prior posts on this topic, there really is no ambiguity. Look at your original post and see whether anyone can reasonably assess risk based on that post.

Can they? Please answer that specific question: Can anyone reasonably assess risk based on your original post?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Norbert and EinSV
Yeah... It might even have some valid points buried among all the (likely wrong) conspiracy theories.
It has become a very "viral" video and will probably still keep cropping up as they release move parts of that "movie".
Just a warning: do lots of fact checking on anything you see in their clips as it is trying to play on people's fears and overactive imaginations.

The anti-vaxx agenda of 'The Plandemic'

I wish Fauci hadn't said in a 2017 lecture that there will be a surprise pandemic during this administration. Even played out of context it sounds chilling and feeds into more conspiracy theories.

I have to confess it concerns me that you are kind of normalizing what is really a crazy point of view. The anti-vaccination movement is at its core anti-science, conspiratorial, and frankly rabid to the point of psychotic. To take Anthony Fauci's statement as potential evidence of a deep state conspiracy is also crazy. If you don't call out those kinds of inferences as such you are in a sense implicitly validating the paranoid logic of that 'movement'. Are you sure you want to go there?

Just how many people do you think are infected in NYC? What would you guess the prevalence will end up being there? I am guessing between 20 and 30%.
Very hard to guess w/o antibody testing but based on information known to date I'd guess 30-50% infected now in NYC, with about a 70% confidence in that range (30% chance higher or lower).
I'm guessing 16.7%+-5%. I keep hearing Governor Cuomo say they need to keep R0 below 1.2 to keep the numbers from growing. The only way this makes sense is if epidemiologists are telling him that because 1/6th of people have been infected.
I guess at some point we have to also look at an individual's predictions and see how they pan out.

Looks like the closest guess was very likely 16.7% (at that time), unfortunately.

Last edited:
Re post 14186
I think Cases of patients in nursing homes/ care facilities should be ignored when considering re-opening. They are by definition not in the public. Some of the stats show that 20 to 50% of all cases are in those care facilities which is really tragic and needs immediate attention.

So about Covid testing, it's only a snapshot if you are testing general public with no symptoms and not already in hospital.
If walk up testing, people may be infecting passers by before or after testing (or in the parking lot) so I'd think it may be pretty meaningless.

Regarding antibody testing, WHO last time I saw is still saying no evidence that presence of antibodys means immunity. So if you believe the scientists, there is no value to antibody testing. We have to believe the scientists right?
Wow. Where are you getting your information that 20 to 50% of cases are in nursing homes? /...
I don't know where (s)he's getting that from, but in Sweden on the 28th of April 45,6% of deaths from covid-19 occurred in nursing homes. That's 948 deaths out of a total of 2075 deaths nationwide.

Source (in Swedish): Krav på kommission om döda på äldreboenden

Reactions: MXLRplus
I don't know where (s)he's getting that from, but in Sweden on the 28th of April 45,6% of deaths from covid-19 occurred in nursing homes. That's 948 deaths out of a total of 2075 deaths nationwide.

Source (in Swedish): Krav på kommission om döda på äldreboenden

Nice. And of course no argument that the old and particularly the chronically ill old are terribly at risk. Unfortunately off the point because we were talking about cases not deaths.