Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: SageBrush and kbM3
so, its more than just respiratory?

Scientists just beginning to understand the many health problems caused by COVID-19

Khan believes there will be a huge healthcare expenditure and burden for individuals who have survived COVID-19.

hey, I have an idea. lets cancel health care for millions of people. yeah. lets do that.

Trump administration asks Supreme Court to scrap Obamacare

June 26 (UPI) -- Amid the coronavirus pandemic that has sickened more than 2.4 million Americans, the Trump administration has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to invalidate the Affordable Care Act, arguing the individual mandate has been made unconstitutional by recent tax legislation.

hey guys, how do you define "monster"? this is one way I would define it.

a little OT, but while on amazon looking for something, I came across this:

https://www.amazon.com/Giant-Meteor-2020-Bumper-Sticker/dp/B0734KF6CW

gmeia.png

the more I learn about 2020, the more I think: maybe the bumper sticker has a point.

Don’t know if anyone has posted about golfer, Nick Watney, who was alerted by his tracker device to his elevated breathing rate and despite not feeling ill at all decided to ask the PGA to get him tested for covid again and he tested positive. Different than an oximeter.

from CNBC:
PGA Tour procures 1,000 smart bands to help detect coronavirus symptoms in golfers

and his story from Golf Digest. Note he tested negative at the start of the tournament.
Did Nick Watney’s WHOOP fitness tracker provide the key to coronavirus diagnosis?

and a bit more on the device from Golf.com:
Meet WHOOP, the health tracker that is aiding the PGA Tour's return

Not sure what the deal is with needing a membership for one, but here’s WHOOPs website if your interested.
WHOOP - The World's Most Powerful Fitness Membership.

Last edited:
Don’t know if anyone has posted about golfer, Nick Watney, who was alerted by his tracker device to his elevated breathing rate and despite not feeling ill at all decided to ask the PGA to get him tested for covid again and he tested positive. Different than an oximeter.

from CNBC:
PGA Tour procures 1,000 smart bands to help detect coronavirus symptoms in golfers

and his story from Golf Digest. Note he tested negative at the start of the tournament.
Did Nick Watney’s WHOOP fitness tracker provide the key to coronavirus diagnosis?

and a bit more on the device from Golf.com:
Meet WHOOP, the health tracker that is aiding the PGA Tour's return

Not sure what the deal is with needing a membership for one, but here’s WHOOPs website if your interested.
WHOOP - The World's Most Powerful Fitness Membership.

I'm absolutely convinced that a metric based approach is our best tool at early detection of physical illness whether it's covid-19, cancer, etc. Like when my brother got colon cancer he talked about feeling less energetic.

If it wasn't a subscription based approach it would already be on it's way to me, but the subscription based approach has given me pause to get more info on it.

I'm absolutely convinced that a metric based approach is our best tool at early detection of physical illness whether it's covid-19, cancer, etc. Like when my brother got colon cancer he talked about feeling less energetic.

If it wasn't a subscription based approach it would already be on it's way to me, but the subscription based approach has given me pause to get more info on it.

We were turned off by that too, assuming all.your info sits on their servers even though you can access it through an app on your phone. Didn’t bother to look into it further however. One of the reasons we didn’t get Ring. I guess we are more trusting of Tesla and Apple (Apple Watch) and not paying for a subscription service for either.

Last edited:

Turns out elections have consequences. With a strong leader committed to leading the nation back to prosperity, we would not have these problems; nearly everyone would comply.

I assume down the road we will “discover” that the anti-mask propaganda was initiated by foreign governments. Seems like a perfect force multiplier to put the ideas out there, and then the throngs of useful idiots self-amplify the message. Guess we will find out in a year!

Shows the importance of quality public education as a means of being strong on national security. That’s what has always bothered me about the right - they are historically (and currently!) super, super weak on national security issues. I guess that’s not really news to anyone (kind of common knowledge/conventional wisdom) but it still bothers me.

—-

Speaking of great successes with coronavirus, Sacha Baron Cohen had a little fun with a right-wing militia today in Olympia Washington.
https://twitter.com/insideascif/status/1277102477658161153?s=21

And then afterwards he snuck back in for interviews.

https://twitter.com/williamahirsch/status/1277114806281986048?s=21

Lol.

“Great Success” - Borat

Last edited:
The state and local budgets for the next year in the US are being rewritten and revised down at a furious pace due to coronavirus impacts. https://www.ncsl.org/research/fiscal-policy/coronavirus-covid-19-state-budget-updates-and-revenue-projections637208306.aspx

P
roving to be quite painful for those states that have taken it up so far. It is a hard task as revenue projections include wide uncertainty bars. The median rainy day fund at states disposal to draw from is 8% - not going to go very far. Most are hoping for more federal support, we’ll have to see what materializes. I expect a follow up to the federal cares act before July 31 (when $600 unemployment top up runs out) but I don’t expect it to fill too much of the state revenue gaps.

• Informative
Reactions: TEG
Co-founder of Maryland group that protested for state to reopen tests positive for coronavirus

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/27/politics/reopen-maryland-tim-walters-coronavirus/index.html

But but...it's just like the flu

""I did have a hard day yesterday. I told you guys I wasn't feeling really well. I crashed later in the day, had to go to the emergency room. I thought I was actually having a stroke ... turns out I had Covid," he said in the video, continuing later: "As you can see, I'm not dying. It's uncomfortable. I would make it akin to having the flu.""

"Walters, according to the Capital Gazette, urged those he has recently come in contact with to assess their health, but said he will not provide information to state public health officials for contract tracing -- an epidemiological tool that public health officials say is key to understanding coronavirus and stopping its spread."

Because Freedom!!

Co-founder of Maryland group that protested for state to reopen tests positive for coronavirus
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/27/politics/reopen-maryland-tim-walters-coronavirus/index.html
Co-founder of Maryland group that protested for state to reopen tests positive for coronavirus - CNNPolitics
But but...it's just like the flu

""I did have a hard day yesterday. I told you guys I wasn't feeling really well. I crashed later in the day, had to go to the emergency room. I thought I was actually having a stroke ... turns out I had Covid," he said in the video, continuing later: "As you can see, I'm not dying. It's uncomfortable. I would make it akin to having the flu.""

"Walters, according to the Capital Gazette, urged those he has recently come in contact with to assess their health, but said he will not provide information to state public health officials for contract tracing -- an epidemiological tool that public health officials say is key to understanding coronavirus and stopping its spread."

Because Freedom!!

He said he thought he was having a stroke.
So, is it more akin to a stroke or just a flu?