Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Download the “duck duck go” app. Use their search engine to look up articles you wish to read.

“DuckDuckGo is an internet search engine that emphasizes protecting searchers' privacy and avoiding the filter bubble of personalized search results.”
I use the Disable Javascript extension for Firefox which provides a button to turn it on and off for individual pages. Might be similar addons for other browsers.
I can't download apps on my work PC, nor can I install extensions on my work PC.

I'll use outline.com to get past it on some sites, but some sites (nytimes. com being one of them) are now blocking that as well.

I do understand how to get around it on my home PC, I'm just saying it's not very helpful to link to an article that is behind a paywall that requires that much effort.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I can't download apps on my work PC, nor can I install extensions on my work PC.

I'll use outline.com to get past it on some sites, but some sites (nytimes. com being one of them) are now blocking that as well.

I do understand how to get around it on my home PC, I'm just saying it's not very helpful to link to an article that is behind a paywall that requires that much effort.
Sorry. Doesn’t really matter anyway since in my opinion that 2-out-of-3 rule is not needed for vaccinated people as long as they are only around other vaccinated people. 1 of three probably good enough, more if convenient and easy is great, if fully vaccinated and around vaccinated people. Would have been nice to have it widely known last year sometime as a good guideline for people though. Along with N95 masks, etc., etc.

Here is the summary.

14C36938-54DE-4FAD-96E3-7C7430513DC8.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
1 of three probably good enough, more if convenient and easy is great, if fully vaccinated and around vaccinated people
Oops, meant to say 0 out of 3. 0 out of three probably just fine, depending on your personal risk factors.

That’s my plan. Not because I think I can’t get coronavirus, though! I definitely still could!

Will re-evaluate the situation as time goes on.

Last edited:
My hope is that they'll be super emphatic at the time of vaccination about telling people what the EXACT symptoms are (it's a pretty short and distinctive list), WHEN they occur (takes at least 6 days), and to IMMEDIATELY go to urgent care or the ER if there is any question that you might be having symptoms. It seems to me that early intervention could save lives and make the impact and any long-term consequences minimal (which would make this not nearly as big a deal). There's plenty of time when giving a vaccination to just read from a script for the people in the risk groups (or just read it to everyone but emphasize which group is most at risk). Making it a disclaimer you have to sign is just not going to cut it (though you can do that too for the visual learners).

From those slides, it appears that prognosis is not good when a patient seeks out a doctor late. But, the only initial symptom different from typical vaccination symptom was abdominal pain, and the slides do not say how many of the 15 cases had abdominal pain early on, though.

As you say, I would not recommend any of my personal connection who is younger than 50 to get a J&J vaccine. There’s more than plenty Pfizer and Moderna vaccine appointments these days.

oh and I got my 2nd shot of Moderna today.

Day 2, I've been dehydrated all day, drinking more than I normally do and still feeling thirsty.

Drinking so many fluids I could only eat about 3/4 of what I normally eat for dinner tonight. Ate normally at lunch, still have a normal appetite just so thirsty I'm filling up my stomach with liquids.

If I let the fluids drop my head hurts, as soon as I drink a glass of water the headache is gone. Urine looks normal but I'm going more often. Probably drinking about double what I would have a few days ago.

Maybe you spotted me? I was the guy way overdressed with the full face mask and sun hat...
Shucks, nope, didn't actually see you, but glad to hear we've both achieved full (vaccine) membership status :D. I got my pic taken with The Man as well haha.

Also sounds like we had identical 2nd-dose symptoms. I was expecting worse based on what I'd heard from friends/neighbors, so I'll count myself lucky with just the mild fatigue.

Cheers,

/TCP

Day 2, I've been dehydrated all day, drinking more than I normally do and still feeling thirsty.

Drinking so many fluids I could only eat about 3/4 of what I normally eat for dinner tonight. Ate normally at lunch, still have a normal appetite just so thirsty I'm filling up my stomach with liquids.

If I let the fluids drop my head hurts, as soon as I drink a glass of water the headache is gone. Urine looks normal but I'm going more often. Probably drinking about double what I would have a few days ago.

The first two days after getting the J&J vaccine my kidneys went nuts. I had to drink lots of water too. I also had a fever for two days.

I'm also wondering if I got some small clots about 2 weeks after getting the shot. The injection site started hurting out of the blue, then a few hours later my calf on the opposite leg started hurting. The arm pain went away in a couple of days and the calf pain went away about 1-2 days after that. I did nothing to injure my leg, it just popped up.

UCSF just released that they treated the first documented case in the US of a man getting blood clots after receiving the J&J vaccine. Two weeks post vaccine in a man in his 30’s.
Bay Area man hospitalized with blood clot after J&J vaccine
The media coverage I saw about this, including this report, ignored the fact that the J&J issue is very likely the same as the AstraZenica clotting issue and those cases included a significant number of men although overall there seems to be a greater risk to women.

This is a screenshot taken from the UCSF video I posted yesterday.

43792FE3-6253-4416-B996-4A4DA879D8DD.jpeg