Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was literally mentioned in the reference you linked but apparently didn't read. I really am done with this off topic tangent.
My next question if you were to answer that, is if you think that makes a difference. Here is research that lumps them together.(1) I added to the posting you replied to in case you didn't see it with this info:
High fructose corn syrup is frequently used as a synonym for sugar in research papers. Here is an example:
The Dose Makes the Poison: Sugar and Obesity in the United States – a Review

Seems the research industry is moving to analyze this using glycemic index.(2)(3) Both refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup are in the "high" category.

Last edited:
Not sure why you're focused on sugar, what your link shows is that obesity increases risk of cancer. Excess caloric intake is the cause of obesity.
That's all complete nonsense, just more keto BS, but off topic so I won't continue here.
There is nothing “BS” about Keto. The evolution wouldn’t develop a whole new metabolic mechanism without reason. Keto made it possible for humans to adopt to living in northern most areas. It made it possible for humans to live off their fat reserves. Now we can use it to naturally treat carb metabolic disease like Diabetes.

While excess calories causes fat storage, it’s just a very rough high level thing. Lot more things are happening when it comes to why people feel hungry and when they feel satiated. Definitely insulin related problems can cause obesity - just as it could the other way round. 40% of diabetics have normal BMI.

Reactions: Terminator857
There is nothing “BS” about Keto. The evolution wouldn’t develop a whole new metabolic mechanism without reason. Keto made it possible for humans to adopt to living in northern most areas. It made it possible for humans to live off their fat reserves. Now we can use it to naturally treat carb metabolic disease like Diabetes.

While excess calories causes fat storage, it’s just a very rough high level thing. Lot more things are happening when it comes to why people feel hungry and when they feel satiated. Definitely insulin related problems can cause obesity - just as it could the other way round. 40% of diabetics have normal BMI.
Of course Keto is a real process, but it's BS that carbs and sugar are "bad". I also don't think I mentioned diabetes when I said the referenced study mentioned obesity and increased cancer risk.

• Disagree
Of course Keto is a real process, but it's BS that carbs and sugar are "bad". I also don't think I mentioned diabetes when I said the referenced study mentioned obesity and increased cancer risk.
It’s not BS if it’s bad for 40% of population that is pre-diabetic / diabetic. Diabetes is the biggest epidemic that is never discussed.

There is also good evidence that a lot of sugar / carbs increases risk of diabetes. So, not particularly good for rest 60% either.

ps : You probably know by now that I’m a vegetarian diabetic with BMI < 20, who is not on keto ;) But I’ve done a lot of research paper reading on all these for a decade now. I’ve tons of diabetics in my extended family. Vegetarian Indians are particularly susceptible to diabetes because of the diet.

I saw this on CNN the other day, so people are paying attention. I think it's actually mortality rate, not IFR, that's the world's highest. HK recently averaged 280 deaths/day with 7.6 million people. That's about 4x the US peak on a per capita basis. HK has pretty high vaccination rates, but a lot of their older people got Sinovac instead of the BionTech MRNA vaccine that most younger people got.

On February 20 only 1% of their population had ever had Covid. Two weeks later 1% tested positive in a single day. The decline from the peak has been almost as rapid. Still, this single wave will produce close to 98% of all their Covid deaths by the time it ends. I can see why China is worried.

3B056CF9-A872-4BCE-A776-0E929DE1644C.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
but a lot of their older people got Sinovac instead of the BionTech MRNA vaccine that most younger people got.
They just need boosters of whatever. Sinovac looks fine. Their problem is they haven’t had boosters, primarily. Also generally lower vaccination rates in the elderly from what I understand though I have not been closely looking at that - that’s hearsay for me.

Reactions: Dave EV
NY is showing a sudden increase in the last day or two and locally Cornell has had a major increase in cases, the vast majority of all cases in the county. After next week they'll be on spring break, along with many other colleges, which could result in superspreader events across the country.

• Informative
Reactions: CatB