Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Duncan MacCannell @dmaccannell
Tweet: "This week, the national point estimate for XBB.1.5 is 27.6% (95%CI:14.0-46.5%). This is a substantial decrease from last week’s point estimate at ~41%. You might be wondering why these numbers changed." -- tweet below

Source: COVID Data Tracker

"CDC has update the page with a nice clear explainer of their nowcasting methods"
Interpretive Summary for January 6, 2023
Title: New Year, Same Variant -->

"CDC has update the page with a nice clear explainer of their nowcasting methods"
Interpretive Summary for January 6, 2023
Title: New Year, Same Variant -->

In any case good news that the growth rate is less in this estimate than previously.

I have no idea what dataset Trevor used and I would think this would not impact his estimates of Rt.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
Just spitballing here but any chance the folks who wrote the Walking Dead scripts gave them to these genetic mutants in Wuhan as the basis for the fake COVID enhancement project? I’d like someone to do my research for me.
Those particular circuitous spike proteins, interestingly enough, have only been detected in the pericardial/myocardial tissue of commie pinkos reds, and among those only select pinko red bots of the chainsaw-toting clan, Chaintotius pinkious. Thought to be the victims of a unique genetic susceptibility. Interesting because commie pinkos reds had long been thought not to have hearts at all. In fact, it had long been said that the only good commie is one that's dead. The noted exception to all known spike protein research is Spike Lee, who is still under scientific scrutiny.

A bit on the snippy side, init?

• Funny
Reactions: DrGriz
Interesting look at infrared light therapies and sunlight on covid outcomes. Might explain some of the mortality rates in lower latitudes.

Near infrared heats and penetrates quite deeply, being modestly absorbed by water. I'm not sure about the science behind the LED driven heat. A warm sweater or heated blanket might even do better to help with blood flow and general healing. This should have been an arm in the randomized trial.

I would expect the parameters measure to be better with 7 days of 15 min Tx with a heating pad.

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
Near infrared heats and penetrates quite deeply,
Only if you think a few millimeters is "deep". It's good for skincare, and it'll help against viruses in your mouth, but unless someone is doing a bronchoscopy on you with a light array on the end don't expect the light to penetrate significantly into you lungs.
P.s. Any study with only 30 participants is worth only indicating whether a larger study should take place. I stopped watching that video when they started talking high percentages when the n is single digits

That's hardly the whole picture. Lies, damn lies, and statistics. Look at excess deaths:
https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/images/thumb/2/24/Map01_Excess_Mortality_2022_Oct.png/700px-Map01_Excess_Mortality_2022_Oct.png

Anyways, this covid discussion should probably be continued elsewhere.
Sure, what do you think that single month shows? From your link:

1673293501972.png

Sweden did much worse early on and slightly better later on, hardly a ringing endorsement of their tactics.

Finally, the coverup has been revealed. Earth-shattering:

Infection-acquired immunity superior to vaccine-acquired (natural) immunity!!!*

* except for the risk of infection (presumably particularly the first one or two of them)…and yes, the Tweet highlighted does make this clear…though it is not the headline which is a pretty big f-up. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that getting vaccinated with an updated vaccine (or at the time, the OG vaccine) is a good idea even after prior infection.

It’s not clear what Elon is talking about being “true” or a “conspiracy.” Probably limited Twitter time to bang this one out on the pot at lunch break. Just hitting the standard tropes; no extra effort.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Dave EV and madodel
Finally, the coverup has been revealed. Earth-shattering:

Infection-acquired immunity superior to vaccine-acquired (natural) immunity!!!*

For me, it's not so much a matter of what was being suppressed or censored. It is collusion between government actors and large tech media platforms that is dangerous and a threat to democracy. It's not the governments job to silence speech, especially from credentialed physicians, scientists and professors.

Reactions: DanCar
Isn't this a nothingburger?

Maybe I'm taking too superficial a view of this, but...
- anybody can hire any lobbyist (altho in theory they would avoid conflicts of interest (even though twisting interesting conflicts *is* their business))
- no surprise that WH, science and Federal health agencies had different opinions on what science knew and what public needed to know (CDC vs WH, NIH vs WH, we don't even need to look in the swamp for additional angst)

Isn't this a nothingburger?
Absolutely it is - just like all the other so called "Twitterfiles" have been so far.

Other COVID related news - I saw Ivermectin trending on Twitter earlier today. All I saw was a bunch more conspiracy theories flying around, but happy to be proven wrong. So far the only reputable information I've found is that it's good for treating parasites, but not much good for anything else despite lots of trials.

Other COVID related news - I saw Ivermectin trending on Twitter earlier today. All I saw was a bunch more conspiracy theories flying around, but happy to be proven wrong.

Are you sure it wasn’t The Algorithm pushing engagement on you with trending “for you?” Twitter loves engagement - that is how they make money for Elon. I uninstalled my Twitter app, to help him out.

I don’t see it here (might have missed it - I did try to search though):

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: madodel and Dave EV
Absolutely it is - just like all the other so called "Twitterfiles" have been so far.

Other COVID related news - I saw Ivermectin trending on Twitter earlier today. All I saw was a bunch more conspiracy theories flying around, but happy to be proven wrong. So far the only reputable information I've found is that it's good for treating parasites, but not much good for anything else despite lots of trials.
There truly have been a lot of trials published on ivermectin. Week after week for months on end. All show no benefit in preventing hospitalizations. Small studies showed a maybe benefit for anosmia at 1 week but not after that.

Just a sample of studies:

1673312423312.png

I've had some results with my patients using the generic form of Plecibo, 100 mg bid x 3 days. Well, the best precise dosing is still to be determined. The other thing which can be quite effective, but only under select circumstances, is bloodletting. But you really have to know how to balance the humors for that to work........

There is some exciting and promising new experimental work being done to evaluate the effectiveness of balancing the chakra against the humors, I think mostly using essential oils on the solar plexus.........but this work is still in the early stages..........

Snakeoil works rather well too, also........

I've had some results with my patients using the generic form of Plecibo, 100 mg bid x 3 days. Well, the best precise dosing is still to be determined. The other thing which can be quite effective, but only under select circumstances, is bloodletting. But you really have to know how to balance the humors for that to work........

There is some exciting new experimental work being done to evaluate the effectiveness of balancing the chakra against the humors, I think mostly using essential oils on the solar plexus.........but this work is still in the early stages..........
I really think that bloodletting is best done with leeches.
1673314562358.png

Reactions: madodel