Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creased seats in Model X after 2 weeks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a screenshot of the cars info.
You didn't get a referral to get free supercharging and $1000 off?

If it says Premium Interior, it should be the new UltraLeather. Tesla doesn't call it 'Vegan Leather', that's something other people (like us, lol) call it, so, surprised if an OA or DS actually called it that.

When the leather seat upgrade disappeared and all three 'upgrade' options were/are now UltraLeather (black, white, cream), the package is called Premium Interior.

Also, where did that screen shot come from? I don't recall seeing AP called 'firmware' AP 2.0 is hardware, not firmware... Firmware is 8.1 and then 2017.32 or 34 etc.

Do you know what process they used to steam the creases out of your seats? I have the same problem on my sub 1,000 mile Model X with black leather seats. Speaking with Tesla, they are saying it's normal wear and they won't replace it. My problem is mainly that the leather is loose. If the steam can tighten the leather, I would like to try it.

View attachment 246731

that looks awful. I would be FURIOUS if they tried to say thats normal wear & tear. It is, if you had 50,000 miles on the car.

You didn't get a referral to get free supercharging and $1000 off?

If it says Premium Interior, it should be the new UltraLeather. Tesla doesn't call it 'Vegan Leather', that's something other people (like us, lol) call it, so, surprised if an OA or DS actually called it that.

When the leather seat upgrade disappeared and all three 'upgrade' options were/are now UltraLeather (black, white, cream), the package is called Premium Interior.

Also, where did that screen shot come from? I don't recall seeing AP called 'firmware' AP 2.0 is hardware, not firmware... Firmware is 8.1 and then 2017.32 or 34 etc.
Most likely from OA / Tesla internal page. That's what they call AP2. They can also sell you the car without EAP and FSD enabled if you choose to.

Reactions: boaterva
Do you know what process they used to steam the creases out of your seats? I have the same problem on my sub 1,000 mile Model X with black leather seats. Speaking with Tesla, they are saying it's normal wear and they won't replace it. My problem is mainly that the leather is loose. If the steam can tighten the leather, I would like to try it.

View attachment 246731

Hi Polar993,

While searching for my photo post on the same topic, I saw yours... and thought it was my photo. As mine looks like yours, but just a little bit more bunched up and uneven...
My photo below was taken a few days after delivery.
But by now, the overall look is more like your photo.

Reason I'm reviving this tread, is that at my 12.5k Service Appointment, Tesla agreed to order a replacement seat bottom.
I asked that they not replace the full seat, as my seat backs have Xpel installed on them -- which would cost me to re-do them.
They said it will take about 3-4 weeks. Given that this isn't the leather that currently ships with cars... I'm not in a super hurry. Just as long as they admit its defective and are following up with a replacement.

I hope you can get the similar benefit from your Tesla SC. My advise, keep bringing it up at each SC appointment.
For me, it was the 4th time I politely brought it up since delivery.
And this is the 2nd time they tried the steaming approach (which does mildly help with other parts of the leather seat)
I believe they know it is an issue & will fix it with a replacement. My service guy said there was an additional bulletin on stretching the seat leather and they had one more thing they could do. In my case, it was about the same when they returned the car to me. So, new seat was ordered.

In conclusion the Tesla SC trip was a good one, and I was treated well. I give them a thumbs up, even while under staffed prior to Thanksgiving.

Seat cushion photo bunching Vin 5YJXCDE22HF035xxxx copy  IMG_0990.JPG

Hi Polar993,

While searching for my photo post on the same topic, I saw yours... and thought it was my photo. As mine looks like yours, but just a little bit more bunched up and uneven...
My photo below was taken a few days after delivery.
But by now, the overall look is more like your photo.

Reason I'm reviving this tread, is that at my 12.5k Service Appointment, Tesla agreed to order a replacement seat bottom.
I asked that they not replace the full seat, as my seat backs have Xpel installed on them -- which would cost me to re-do them.
They said it will take about 3-4 weeks. Given that this isn't the leather that currently ships with cars... I'm not in a super hurry. Just as long as they admit its defective and are following up with a replacement.

I hope you can get the similar benefit from your Tesla SC. My advise, keep bringing it up at each SC appointment.
For me, it was the 4th time I politely brought it up since delivery.
And this is the 2nd time they tried the steaming approach (which does mildly help with other parts of the leather seat)
I believe they know it is an issue & will fix it with a replacement. My service guy said there was an additional bulletin on stretching the seat leather and they had one more thing they could do. In my case, it was about the same when they returned the car to me. So, new seat was ordered.

In conclusion the Tesla SC trip was a good one, and I was treated well. I give them a thumbs up, even while under staffed prior to Thanksgiving.

View attachment 262098

TechVP,

I am very happy to hear that your SC stepped up and offered to replace your prematurely worn seat bottom....that’s awesome! Honestly, I wish my seat bottom looked like yours! Mine has gotten progressively worse over the past 2 months and it looks pretty bad.

I was beginning to accept it, especially considering the car is leased, but you’ve given me new fuel for my fight! I’ve only made one complaint so far and it was immediately shot down. I guess I should bring it up multiple times in a respectful and polite, yet stern way.

I too have the glossy backed seats and I love them. I haven’t gotten my seat backs wrapped but surprisingly they’ve held up very well against my 4 year old and 8 year old boys! I prefer to get the entire seat replaced, including the back but considering the new seats don’t have the glossy back, I wouldn’t want to get a replacement without the glossy back.

Do you think I would have a better chance at asking only for the seat bottom replacement?

When you get a chance, please post a pic of your new seat bottom. I will be happy for you, but I will also be seriously jealous!

TechVP,

I am very happy to hear that your SC stepped up and offered to replace your prematurely worn seat bottom....that’s awesome! Honestly, I wish my seat bottom looked like yours! Mine has gotten progressively worse over the past 2 months and it looks pretty bad.

I was beginning to accept it, especially considering the car is leased, but you’ve given me new fuel for my fight! I’ve only made one complaint so far and it was immediately shot down. I guess I should bring it up multiple times in a respectful and polite, yet stern way.

I too have the glossy backed seats and I love them. I haven’t gotten my seat backs wrapped but surprisingly they’ve held up very well against my 4 year old and 8 year old boys! I prefer to get the entire seat replaced, including the back but considering the new seats don’t have the glossy back, I wouldn’t want to get a replacement without the glossy back.

Do you think I would have a better chance at asking only for the seat bottom replacement?

When you get a chance, please post a pic of your new seat bottom. I will be happy for you, but I will also be seriously jealous!

Will definitely post a status update once I know that the seat bottom has arrived. I suspect car deliveries for the end of the year/quarter have priority. So I'm
Not expecting a call for 3+ weeks; which means new year time.
If I hadn't been so nice, I may have asked for the passenger side to be replaced.. As it's showing some age already, yet the drivers side is definitely the seat to focus upon for today.
So this thread will go silent until then... Yet I'll return once there is something to share.

Not sure I mentioned it, but it was my 12.5k service that that I asked for them to reexamine. So maybe that's when they decided it was beyond Tesla normal. Your mileage may vary.

As for just asking for the seat bottom... Well I was surprised that they could do that. I don't recall anybody saying that before. So give it a try.

-TekVP.

Reactions: Polar993