Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed the Gen-3 charger in my garage DIY. Turned out great and is not that difficult of an install. I made a video about it if you are interested in seeing what the job entails. Hopefully it helps out.
This is by far the best DIY video I've seen on these installations! I had wanted originally to try this myself, but my breaker is in the basement and despite having watched videos on it, getting wires through floors and walls and *how* you can actually do it still escapes me. I dont quite get how one would get through the firestops, etc behind the drywall.

Also was it just the camera angle or are your studs thinner than a standard 2x4?

Reactions: dnstommy
Nice! Definitely understand the plan. My only critical thought is many analysts have forecast the chip shortage peaking in the 2nd half of the year (recently evidenced in Toyota's HUGE production reduction) so it could be likely you don't receive one until April. Even with increased capacity of a new factory, the supply constraints remain and likely will get worse until they slowly start to recover early in next year. But maybe you're already OK with that. Also Vespas are awesome! Always wanted one, especially when I lived in Philly, but even the used ones still cost a bundle.
Oh yeah, the chip shortage is no bueno, and definitely a wild card. When my SA set my account on hold, he said he put the release date to 15Nov because that'll yield a EoQ December delivery, no later than EoM January delivery. Looking back oh we were so silly, and so naïve!

The cool things about Vespa is they really don't depreciate, interestingly. Tons of fun, though I don't think I'll ever ride another one though, those fricking little death traps. I saw my life flash before my eyes as I entered an intersection that was under construction and had loose gravel on surface. I did not know I was going off-road gravel riding until it was too late. I ate shite, hard, but fortunately everyone around me was paying attention not playing on their phones, so no one ran me over. Several good Samaritans stopped and helped me up and off the road, while cursing the City of Redondo Beach along with me and their garbage road construction contractors.

SIDE NOTE!

Anyone ever sold a car to carbuyerusa? They offered my an insane amount for my Model 3.

Thought I’d ask this thread as you all are awesome! HA!
I haven't, but I spoke with a few folks who had. Seemed like a pretty simple process.

I got a quote from them and they offered 58k for my 2021 MYLR with 5k miles. I got an offer of 59.5k from a dealer about 2 hrs from me, so I will probably sell to them in the next week or so.

IMG_5684.JPG
Finally took the delivery yesterday. But the trunk panel was misaligned creates suction inside. Feels like as if back window is rolled down. Booked a service appointment already. But, already did 350mi on it. Love it.

Oh yeah, the chip shortage is no bueno, and definitely a wild card. When my SA set my account on hold, he said he put the release date to 15Nov because that'll yield a EoQ December delivery, no later than EoM January delivery. Looking back oh we were so silly, and so naïve!

The cool things about Vespa is they really don't depreciate, interestingly. Tons of fun, though I don't think I'll ever ride another one though, those fricking little death traps. I saw my life flash before my eyes as I entered an intersection that was under construction and had loose gravel on surface. I did not know I was going off-road gravel riding until it was too late. I ate shite, hard, but fortunately everyone around me was paying attention not playing on their phones, so no one ran me over. Several good Samaritans stopped and helped me up and off the road, while cursing the City of Redondo Beach along with me and their garbage road construction contractors.
Haha yes, as long as you've already got it in your mind, it sucks slightly less.

Geez, sounds like you got really lucky. I guess for me it is good that dream has sailed off since I moved to the suburbs and need to get on a highway to get anywhere.

Reactions: PatrickTM