Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is by far the best DIY video I've seen on these installations! I had wanted originally to try this myself, but my breaker is in the basement and despite having watched videos on it, getting wires through floors and walls and *how* you can actually do it still escapes me. I dont quite get how one would get through the firestops, etc behind the drywall.

Also was it just the camera angle or are your studs thinner than a standard 2x4?
Nice video! I did almost the same exact thing you did down to the shape/location of the chunk of drywall I cut out. I used a 60 amp double pole breaker but 6/2 wire instead of a 4/3 wire. You do need to keep the outer protective cover on the wires outside of the box and the charger.

For firestops I would just cut out a patch of drywall big enough to drill a hole and feed the wire. Might be able to get buy with 6ft flexible drill bit with something like Ethernet but I doubt this would be possible with a 6 gauge wire.

Reactions: Drock77
View attachment 699158
Finally took the delivery yesterday. But the trunk panel was misaligned creates suction inside. Feels like as if back window is rolled down. Booked a service appointment already. But, already did 350mi on it. Love it.
Congratulations! Looks awesome!

Please follow up with us on the misaligned trunk panel. I assume you're talking about the rear hatch door? Very hard to imagine that it'd be so misaligned as to be leaking air. Usually they're just misaligned by a millimeter or two, definitely not enough to break seal. Sounds like for it to cause suction it'd have to be left completely open!

View attachment 699158
Finally took the delivery yesterday. But the trunk panel was misaligned creates suction inside. Feels like as if back window is rolled down. Booked a service appointment already. But, already did 350mi on it. Love it.
Surprised that sort of thing made it past the rigorous quality control inspection after production was complete.

100$ (now $250) is additional price on top of car price and is non refundable.

View attachment 699030
$100 deposit is removed at the end.

Price Details​

Model Y
$39,990.00
Midnight Silver Metallic
$1,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
$12,500.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$100.00
Car Price
$54,790.00

Additional Charges​

Registration Amount
$268.00
Tire Fee
$7.00
License Fee
$356.00
Electronic Filing Fee
$30.00
Sales Tax
$4,246.23

Total Cost of Vehicle​

$59,697.23​

Payments Received​

Order Deposit
- $100.00

Additional Credits​

CA Clean Fuel Reward
- $1,500.00
Contingent on residents signing any required documentation

Amount Due​

$58,097.23​

• Disagree
Reactions: Hangover

Price Details​

Model Y
$39,990.00
Midnight Silver Metallic
$1,000.00
$12,500.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$100.00
Car Price
$54,790.00

Additional Charges​

Registration Amount
$268.00
Tire Fee
$7.00
License Fee
$356.00
Electronic Filing Fee
$30.00
Sales Tax
$4,246.23

Total Cost of Vehicle​

$59,697.23​

Payments Received​

Order Deposit
- $100.00

Additional Credits​

CA Clean Fuel Reward
- $1,500.00

Amount Due​

$58,097.23​

Do they calculate sales tax at Tesla and take it at time of payment? I wonder under the impression I was paying VT on my own.

"But these delivery estimates show that Tesla is probably building only the more profitable versions of those less expensive models in the near term."

Nothing earth-shattering...just confirmation that we're all going to have to sit tight for a while.

Reactions: Joshnolan225
Congratulations! Looks awesome!

Please follow up with us on the misaligned trunk panel. I assume you're talking about the rear hatch door? Very hard to imagine that it'd be so misaligned as to be leaking air. Usually they're just misaligned by a millimeter or two, definitely not enough to break seal. Sounds like for it to cause suction it'd have to be left completely open!
I feel like the trunk panel/rear hatch door is usually a culprit behind those wind buffeting noises or whatever.

I test drove a MY and was encountering this. Very low frequency type of wind buffeting noises, as if windows were cracked. It was giving me a headache and made me a bit nervous about my order. After reading forums and other user experiences, I realized that an issue with the seal and/or alignment can cause those noises.

I went back to the same store/whatever you wanna call it and test drove a different MY and didn't have any of those issues.

Might not be the alignment itself, something else with the panel maybe?

Reactions: PatrickTM
LR

• 3 Miles
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
    1-Year Premium Connectivity Trial
    Range 326 miles
  • 5 seats
  • Black and White Interior
  • Lyndhurst
  • Tesla
  • Made in Fremont
3 miles?? Wow that's an absolute newborn!

Do they calculate sales tax at Tesla and take it at time of payment? I wonder under the impression I was paying VT on my own.
Every state is different. I know in TX they pay at the DMV (or whatever they call it) when they register the vehicle. Here in CA they roll it into the purchase and you pay Tesla (but you cannot finance that amount).

Price Details​

Model Y
$39,990.00
Midnight Silver Metallic
$1,000.00
$12,500.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$100.00
Car Price
$54,790.00

Additional Charges​

Registration Amount
$268.00
Tire Fee
$7.00
License Fee
$356.00
Electronic Filing Fee
$30.00
Sales Tax
$4,246.23

Total Cost of Vehicle​

$59,697.23​

Payments Received​

Order Deposit
- $100.00

Additional Credits​

CA Clean Fuel Reward
- $1,500.00

Amount Due​

$58,097.23​

Guys, for the love of god, not this again. It is not removed. You paid it. And you still owe full price of the car. No $100 discount.

That's all this is showing.

Received my delivery date. Updated dates below for reference.

Placed Order: 07/20
Finished Initial Paperwork: 07/21
Received VIN: 08/11
EDD: August 22 - August 28
Delivery Date: EDD was 27 Aug, day after the truck is scheduled to arrive but I'll be out of town, so scheduled for 31 August. Use 27 August for your planning factor.

MYP

39 days from order to earliest delivery. 38 days from initial paperwork to earliest delivery. 17 days from VIN to earliest delivery.