Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When do you switch from cash to financing? Is it the day before delivery? I’m afraid if I call tomorrow to switch it they’ll take my VIN away. I don’t trust Tesla now after having waited this long.
I asked my SA to switch to 3rd party finance as soon as I got the vin. and included my prequal letter to him to make sure my vin didn’t go anywhere.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
Am I the only one who was able to access my MVPA as soon as I accepted the blue button? I was under the cash payment option so maybe it was available because they wanted full payment but I’ve since changed to 3rd party finance and the same link to view the MVPA returns a broken PDF link. I was able to lock in 1.79% for 72 months with $8k down through my personal banker at chase. And submitted the 3rd party finance details to Tesla. I’m assuming all the details need to be reviewed and will show up on my account eventually before delivery.
Before I accepted delivery - My SA called me to tell me I was assigned a VIN. I told her that I was going to put 15k down and she updated my account to show how much I was financing through the 3rd party (the balance). My MVPA was immediately available to download with that updated info. I downloaded it and digitally signed it for my wife and I. Since it is Texas, I made my down payment right away and updated the insurance to show my VIN so everything was done.

The following day I received a text asking that I send the signed MVPA and the Dealer funding request (from USAA) to the South order support email that I was provided. I did that and they texted me back about an hour later saying "You have successfully completed all tasks to take delivery. Your selected Showroom team will be reaching out to you to schedule delivery.."

Still waiting on appointment as the car is in Transit, but that's what I did up to this point. Hope that helps.

Went camping with my son this weekend and had no connection for three days… I’ve missed a solid 30+ pages here I think…

Has it been raining VINs? I logged in when I got home to find (very unexpectedly) VIN 256XXX assigned!!! EDD updated from late October to Sept 5-7!!! An MYLR no less!

Crossing my fingers that this isn’t a cruel error or joke…
Congrats! Five weeks from order to VIN. I think that’s a record for an LR! And it’s not a reassigned VIN either. 256xxx is one fresh baked cookie.

Went camping with my son this weekend and had no connection for three days… I’ve missed a solid 30+ pages here I think…

Has it been raining VINs? I logged in when I got home to find (very unexpectedly) VIN 256XXX assigned!!! EDD updated from late October to Sept 5-7!!! An MYLR no less!

Crossing my fingers that this isn’t a cruel error or joke…
Happy for you! You lucked out big time! Let us know when delivery gets scheduled. Just goes to show we really really have know idea what Tesla’s VIN assignment process is. I’m pretty sure I know of a couple folks on here with the same exact order places a whole two months earlier.

Happy for you! You lucked out big time! Let us know when delivery gets scheduled. Just goes to show we really really have know idea what Tesla’s VIN assignment process is. I’m pretty sure I know of a couple folks on here with the same exact order places a whole two months earlier.
Agreed on the luck and randomness; I think that’s why we all check every day. Hoping for more VINs for all as the quarter is closing out!!

This article makes it sound as though Tesla will, once again, offer the Model Y SR. Going from 244(SR) to 326(LR) miles is about another hour of highway driving. If the "new" SR gets 280 miles at a lower price point that might be a sweet spot for many consumers. Based on my experience with an SR and driving aggressively in south Florida (is there any other way in SoFlo?) with the AC on, etc., I can say the SR got about 180 miles total (100%-0% SOC). I can also say that for a vast majority of drivers 244/180 miles is more than enough for the daily/weekly drive. However, a vast majority of drivers will also buy based on range anxiety even though it will rarely come into play due to the Supercharger network.

My commute was 60 miles round trip, but I did not have to do it every day. There was one week where I did have to do it everyday and since I was only using 120V to charge I did have to go to the Supercharger after day 3 or 4. If I remember correctly that was just for my own peace of mind. Had someone not bought it at a price I couldn't pass up I would have installed a 240V charger and each day would have started with a "full" charge at 80%. If you have access to a Level 2 charger range is not an issue. Period. Stop. And with the Supercharger network long distance travel is also not an issue in most areas.

It looks like Tesla has once again proven they are the EV team to beat. Especially if the price is in the low to mid $40K.

Reactions: TESRP
This article makes it sound as though Tesla will, once again, offer the Model Y SR. Going from 244(SR) to 326(LR) miles is about another hour of highway driving. If the "new" SR gets 280 miles at a lower price point that might be a sweet spot for many consumers. Based on my experience with an SR and driving aggressively in south Florida (is there any other way in SoFlo?) with the AC on, etc., I can say the SR got about 180 miles total (100%-0% SOC). I can also say that for a vast majority of drivers 244/180 miles is more than enough for the daily/weekly drive. However, a vast majority of drivers will also buy based on range anxiety even though it will rarely come into play due to the Supercharger network.

My commute was 60 miles round trip, but I did not have to do it every day. There was one week where I did have to do it everyday and since I was only using 120V to charge I did have to go to the Supercharger after day 3 or 4. If I remember correctly that was just for my own peace of mind. Had someone not bought it at a price I couldn't pass up I would have installed a 240V charger and each day would have started with a "full" charge at 80%. If you have access to a Level 2 charger range is not an issue. Period. Stop. And with the Supercharger network long distance travel is also not an issue in most areas.

It looks like Tesla has once again proven they are the EV team to beat. Especially if the price is in the low to mid $40K.

Wise opinion here.
Dual motor is just for added speed, winter travel, and added range for long distance trips. While towing the longer range comes into play but for most is not of consideration.

Am I the only one who was able to access my MVPA as soon as I accepted the blue button? I was under the cash payment option so maybe it was available because they wanted full payment but I’ve since changed to 3rd party finance and the same link to view the MVPA returns a broken PDF link. I was able to lock in 1.79% for 72 months with $8k down through my personal banker at chase. And submitted the 3rd party finance details to Tesla. I’m assuming all the details need to be reviewed and will show up on my account eventually before delivery.
Same happened to me, I think it’s because we are going to Tesla based financing. We only need MVPA if we are financing though 3rd party I believe.
However, I checked under the other Documents and looks like MVPA was available under the Delivery Configuration. Not sure if that is the correct MVPA, but title does says MVPA with VIN number on it.
Check and see if you notice the same.

Reactions: MBx4 and PatrickTM
Before I accepted delivery - My SA called me to tell me I was assigned a VIN. I told her that I was going to put 15k down and she updated my account to show how much I was financing through the 3rd party (the balance). My MVPA was immediately available to download with that updated info. I downloaded it and digitally signed it for my wife and I. Since it is Texas, I made my down payment right away and updated the insurance to show my VIN so everything was done.

The following day I received a text asking that I send the signed MVPA and the Dealer funding request (from USAA) to the South order support email that I was provided. I did that and they texted me back about an hour later saying "You have successfully completed all tasks to take delivery. Your selected Showroom team will be reaching out to you to schedule delivery.."

Still waiting on appointment as the car is in Transit, but that's what I did up to this point. Hope that helps.
Do you now see this after completing all the steps??
1629670820968.png

Hey everyone! New here and it’s been cathartic reading about everyone’s experiences regarding their purchase, wait times and ultimate success finally getting their MY. I ordered mine on 6/19, MYLR 5 seater, white with white interior. I’m in the midwest and haven’t heard anything about longer wait times than either east or west coast but I don’t see a lot of Tesla’s where I’m at. I’ve gotten most of the accessories I need already and will be installing a 240vac outlet in the garage soon as well. Love our Acura MDX, however I’m looking forward to getting rid of that gas hog. It’s a real pig, so I was shocked at its resale value. I’ll keep waiting, like everyone else, but like most on here, the sooner the better…

i had MVPA right away as I had cash. When I called and asked Delivery guy to change to third party finance, he switched and asked me to logout and log back in. Once I did that, I saw the updated price and new MVPA showing my third party bank name. hope that helps.

When do you switch from cash to financing? Is it the day before delivery? I’m afraid if I call tomorrow to switch it they’ll take my VIN away. I don’t trust Tesla now after having waited this long.
you should call right after your VIN and change it to financing. The longer you wait the risky it is to miss delivery if your financing gets delayed.

Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
Wow, if I knew they looked that good minus the hupcaps I might have stick with those instead of the 20" wheels!
Yes I am very pleased to discover this. I’ve been really sad lately about not getting the darker 20”. But now that I have this info I think I’ll just get them powder coated in black and enjoy my smoother ride :)