Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a text from the same number that sent out those September message where I replied SEPTEMBER last week. Today I got a message from that same number with “You should get matched to a car in a day or so and then delivery by the 30th.” Did anyone else got this message today? I don’t want to give me hopes up…Been waiting since my order date of May 8th MYLR white/white 20in wheels
I did not get any notifications.

Reactions: ZeeMike
so... for my pickup on Friday, which is the "best" delivery checklist to memorize so I can be ready to go over the car? I have a few that I've collected in the months since I ordered; I'm curious what others have used lately when inspecting their MY.

so... for my pickup on Friday, which is the "best" delivery checklist to memorize so I can be ready to go over the car? I have a few that I've collected in the months since I ordered; I'm curious what others have used lately when inspecting their MY.

I am in the same boat. I have not owned a car in over 10 years so literally no idea what to actually try and inspect... For example someone above mentioned the spoiler lifting. I've no clue what that really means or looks like.

When I got my Model Y back in late June, the best checklist I could find was from Tesbros. They offer a video and a two-page pdf in addition to the web page. Most other lists I saw had more pages but not more information. The one thing I would add to the Tesbros list is to check the wifi charging.

I don't have the list but this is what I did. I detail as a hobby so this is pretty natural for me already. But I would suggest any list you follow you dry run it on your current car a few times so you get a feel for it. You may want to rush on delivery day but take your time and follow the process you selected!

All told this process takes me about 20mins. I am not super picky if it is something I can address with my own two hands or a bit of polishing. So for me it is mostly about body lines and gross defects on the exterior and interior.
  1. Lap 1, Keep off the car 10ft and just walk around the car looking at the overall appearance of the paint and color match between panels. Change the height your looking at the car as you go around.
  2. Lap 2, start at the hood and compare body line size side to side, top to bottom, and across the front. Also look at transition height between panels. Look at gaps for headlights, look at bumper gaps and transitions. Continue around the car just focused on gaps, body lines, and transition between panels. Particularly where multiple parts come together.
  3. Lap 3, this is paint check time. Start at hood and just really check the paint. You will have to learn to look "at" the paint and not "through" it or the reflection like you normally do. You'll see what I mean when you actually "see" the paint. Shifting around the angle you look at the paint from nearly looking across it to directly at it then back to nearly across it. All paint has some defects even if freshly polished (just harder and more infrequent to find) but you looking for scuffs and heavy scratches. You will also be likely to see panel defects at this point. Go panel by panel make note of anything. I open the doors as I finish each door.
  4. Lap 4, inspect the jams of the trunk, doors, and rear hatch. Also look at the interior in general like you did for the exterior on lap 1
  5. Lap 5, interior check. Go door by door start inspecting the roof, down the pillars, the seat, floor, and immediate other interior bits in the area. Make sure you look at the door cards and glass. Also move the seats up and down, front and back. Fold seats down to check operation etc. Check door seals to, make sure they aren't tucked in under a trim piece in a section, common on the roof to door area. I shut doors as I complete.
  6. Lap 6, go review anything you made note of to see if you either would reject delivery or accept but would like addressed, or you can live with. Share your findings with the DC to see what they say. Sometimes they can fix on the spot, the little scuff and tucked seal on the roof inside for my car, or they can't and they suggest an appointment.
  7. Sign paperwork, accept delivery on the website, etc! Go play with the infotainment system as it will have reset and be more accessible.
  8. Enjoy your first drive!!!

I am in the same boat. I have not owned a car in over 10 years so literally no idea what to actually try and inspect... For example someone above mentioned the spoiler lifting. I've no clue what that really means or looks like.
Fortunately you won't have to worry about that, since you didn't order a Performance.

But on Performance Model Y and Model 3, the "spoiler" is a little lip glued onto the back of the trunk/hatch. It's been a perpetual issue for many years now that they tend to lift up at the corners.

Reactions: BitJam
I don't have the list but this is what I did. I detail as a hobby so this is pretty natural for me already. But I would suggest any list you follow you dry run it on your current car a few times so you get a feel for it. You may want to rush on delivery day but take your time and follow the process you selected!

All told this process takes me about 20mins. I am not super picky if it is something I can address with my own two hands or a bit of polishing. So for me it is mostly about body lines and gross defects on the exterior and interior.
  1. Lap 1, Keep off the car 10ft and just walk around the car looking at the overall appearance of the paint and color match between panels. Change the height your looking at the car as you go around.
  2. Lap 2, start at the hood and compare body line size side to side, top to bottom, and across the front. Also look at transition height between panels. Look at gaps for headlights, look at bumper gaps and transitions. Continue around the car just focused on gaps, body lines, and transition between panels. Particularly where multiple parts come together.
  3. Lap 3, this is paint check time. Start at hood and just really check the paint. You will have to learn to look "at" the paint and not "through" it or the reflection like you normally do. You'll see what I mean when you actually "see" the paint. Shifting around the angle you look at the paint from nearly looking across it to directly at it then back to nearly across it. All paint has some defects even if freshly polished (just harder and more infrequent to find) but you looking for scuffs and heavy scratches. You will also be likely to see panel defects at this point. Go panel by panel make note of anything. I open the doors as I finish each door.
  4. Lap 4, inspect the jams of the trunk, doors, and rear hatch. Also look at the interior in general like you did for the exterior on lap 1
  5. Lap 5, interior check. Go door by door start inspecting the roof, down the pillars, the seat, floor, and immediate other interior bits in the area. Make sure you look at the door cards and glass. Also move the seats up and down, front and back. Fold seats down to check operation etc. Check door seals to, make sure they aren't tucked in under a trim piece in a section, common on the roof to door area. I shut doors as I complete.
  6. Lap 6, go review anything you made note of to see if you either would reject delivery or accept but would like addressed, or you can live with. Share your findings with the DC to see what they say. Sometimes they can fix on the spot, the little scuff and tucked seal on the roof inside for my car, or they can't and they suggest an appointment.
  7. Sign paperwork, accept delivery on the website, etc! Go play with the infotainment system as it will have reset and be more accessible.
  8. Enjoy your first drive!!!
Amazing, detailed response! Much appreciated.

I think @THF2021MY is in a tough spot because their SA might not have added the referral code after the order, so now that the supercharger mile referral program is "over", an SA might not be able to/willing to go in and retroactively add a referral code for miles.

For people who had the referral code at time of order (or their SA for sure added it) and ordered before 9/18, they should be okay.
This is the case. I called to add a referral code to my July order and the lady said they removed the option for them to do that so if it wasn’t done by the 18th, it can’t be done anymore even if you ordered before then. Unless you ordered through a referral link.

So I'm still stuck at 10/17-11/6, but I'm hit with a conundrum. The MYLR is replacing my 2018 Highlander, which I had been getting sale price estimates from CarMax for $36k-$38k depending on the week. Tesla's trade in estimates have fluctuated between $32k-$34k. However, when I checked CarMax just now, the estimate is up to $42k, which seems kind of nuts given I bought the car for around $46k and have put 20k miles on it 🤷‍♂️. I'm not sure if CarMax is good about honoring the estimates they give online, but I'm almost tempted to sell and rent a sedan for a month or so, which looks like it'll cost ~$1200.

Dilemma here is the very likely scenario of my EDD getting continuously pushed and having to spend more and more on rentals 😭
Run your appraisal again through Tesla but not from your account. I found out our trade in went up when Carvana offered a couple extra hundred dollars. I reran at Tesla and they offered $800 extra. Then call and have them update the trade in.

I picked up my car in Fort Lauderdale today. It was raining so I didn’t get to do the detailed inspection I had planned on, but there were no major flaws that I could see. Hopefully tomorrow morning I can do a thorough inspection in the Florida sunshine.

We all know Tesla customer service isn’t famous for being good and today they weren’t. My SA was off today and based on his lack of response over the past week I’m not sure he’s even employed anymore. I ended up being shuffled between two other SA’s. There were quite a few new cars on the lot, but none on the showroom floor. Some people were picking up their cars, but it didn’t appear to be extremely busy. None the less the SA’s seemed rushed.

I did my cursory inspection, handed them my cashiers check, and they handed me the card keys and that was pretty much it. After unlocking the car and the App I noticed that Supercharging was pay per use. No free miles even though my SA had said he had entered my code. I went back in and the last SA stated that that program had ended and they couldn’t do anything on-site. I asked for HQ contact info and he couldn’t provide any. Unacceptable!!

If anyone has a number or email for Customer Service I’d appreciate it. The free Supercharging isn’t critical, but their attitude, lack of information, and failure to uphold our contract is pissing me off. This is my second MY and I will say the Tesla people in Mt. Kisco were much more customer friendly.

In closing meet Stormtrooper Elon. Please let me know which way you like the wheels. With the aero cover or without, but with silver canter cap and lug nut caps.
It sucks about the inconsistency between SA’s and locations- hopefully that gets better in the future.
I like the wheels both ways- I can’t decide!!!

I picked up my car in Fort Lauderdale today. It was raining so I didn’t get to do the detailed inspection I had planned on, but there were no major flaws that I could see. Hopefully tomorrow morning I can do a thorough inspection in the Florida sunshine.

We all know Tesla customer service isn’t famous for being good and today they weren’t. My SA was off today and based on his lack of response over the past week I’m not sure he’s even employed anymore. I ended up being shuffled between two other SA’s. There were quite a few new cars on the lot, but none on the showroom floor. Some people were picking up their cars, but it didn’t appear to be extremely busy. None the less the SA’s seemed rushed.

I did my cursory inspection, handed them my cashiers check, and they handed me the card keys and that was pretty much it. After unlocking the car and the App I noticed that Supercharging was pay per use. No free miles even though my SA had said he had entered my code. I went back in and the last SA stated that that program had ended and they couldn’t do anything on-site. I asked for HQ contact info and he couldn’t provide any. Unacceptable!!

If anyone has a number or email for Customer Service I’d appreciate it. The free Supercharging isn’t critical, but their attitude, lack of information, and failure to uphold our contract is pissing me off. This is my second MY and I will say the Tesla people in Mt. Kisco were much more customer friendly.

In closing meet Stormtrooper Elon. Please let me know which way you like the wheels. With the aero cover or without, but with silver canter cap and lug nut caps.
Congrats! Looks great! Enjoy!
When I added my referral(about 20-30days after ordering) my SA told me it’s going to show up at my loot box about a week after I get my car. Give it another week.
I’m picking up today.

There’s an app called Inspect T.

Congrats on your pickup, but sorry about the lack of help from SA's. Seems kinda par for the course. The one I've been dealing with has been MIA for the most part.

Do the aero covers just pop off? I definitely like the look of the wheels without them. If I don't end up switching to inductions before delivery I think that's what I'll end up doing.

There’s an app called Inspect T.
I was thinking to use this one today teslaprep/model_y_checklist.md at master · mykeln/teslaprep

But your suggested app looks pretty good. Thanks!

Last edited: